Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
We have a piece of bad news for Marvel Cinematic Universe fans. Disney has recently announced the delay of some of their upcoming Marvel Phase 4 films. So, unfortunately, the viewers have to wait even longer for some of the most awaited films of 2022 and beyond.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has irregular transitions this time, with a few delays in their movies. Marvel Studios has earned a reputation for its long-term planning. Still, on Monday, Disney declared that all its pending Marvel films in 2022-23 would be postponed, apparently because of production issues.
Pandemic is one of the Main Reasons for the delay in Marvel Phase 4
An additional issue in the delays of Marvel phase 4 is very obvious, which is the Covid-19 pandemic, the shut down of the entire film and TV industry for months. The movies were ready to be released, but they were forced to hold them back until the restrictions abide. So the year 2021-22 was all blackout in the showbiz; that’s why Marvel studios faced a setback in their movies.
Viewers might have been pardoned for delays to be finished; however, Marvel Studios has suddenly again reported one more change to their forthcoming Slot. This time the issue is not COVID-19 related, yet it, in any case, implies things are in transition again.
There was a time when Marvel Studios released only one or two movies a year, but the studio has now shifted to four or even five. Ironically, this means the MCU Phase 4 slate is a lot more vulnerable than before because anyone change has a ripple effect – it affects the rest of the slate. As a result, Marvel’s latest MCU delays have affected no less than five release dates.
Change in Release Dates of Marvel phase 4 movies:
- Doctor Strange: The Multiverse of Madness has moved from March 25, 2022, to May 6, 2022.
- Thor: Love & Thunder was originally supposed to come out on May 6 and has moved to July 8, 2022.
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever has been pushed from July 11, 2022.
- Captain Marvel 2 has been delayed from November 2022 to February 17, 2023.
- Ant-Man & the Wasp: Quantumania has been pushed back from February 2023 to July 28, 2023.
- An untitled Marvel project scheduled for November 10, 2023, has moved to November 3, 2023.
- Looking forward to July 2023, several untitled MCU projects have also been moved. The movies originally supposed to come out on July 28, 2023, have been dropped from the schedule, as has another project originally scheduled for October 6, 2023.
Marvel’s fans are quite disappointed as Marvel phase 4 delayed Doctor strange: The Multiverse of Madness because Marvel’s revival channel DC films are releasing The Batman in March anyway.
This, nonetheless, is Marvel’s most mysterious change to date, with an illogical clarification of “production issues.” Hopefully, soon a few more definite clarifications will arise, and MCU viewers can comprehend the reason why Marvel’s phase 4 has these most recent changes.