Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
YOU has to be the most mysterious, gruesome, psychologically thrilling television series on Netflix. The portrayal of Joe Goldberg by actor Penn Badgley, as well as the startling turns and revelations that keep us on the edge of our seats, are just a few of the many reasons why we binge-watched all four seasons in no time with Part Two of the fourth season arriving in March!
“The end of our story remains unwritten.” – Joe Goldberg
If you’re planning to watch the show “YOU,” a psychological thriller on Netflix, you should know a few things before diving in. This article will cover the top ten things you need to know to appreciate the show and avoid potential spoilers.
YOU feature a diverse cast of characters, including Shay Mitchell, John Stamos, and Victoria Pedretti. The show is created by Greg Berlanti, creator of shows such as The Flash, Arrow, and Riverdale.
- The show is based on a novel. YOU is based on the novel of the same name by Caroline Kepnes. The novel was published in 2014, and the TV adaptation premiered on Netflix in 2018.
- It’s a psychological thriller. YOU is not your typical crime drama or police procedural. Instead, it focuses on the psychology of the characters, particularly the protagonist, Joe Goldberg.
- Joe is the main character. Joe Goldberg, played by Penn Badgley, is a charming but troubled man obsessed with a woman named Beck. The show is told from Joe’s perspective, giving viewers a unique insight into his twisted mind.
- There are four seasons (so far). YOU have four seasons, each consisting of ten episodes. The fourth season’s part 1 is out, with part two arriving on march 9th.
- YOU is set in New York City and features many iconic landmarks and locations.
- There are several graphic scenes. YOU is not for the faint of heart. The show contains several explicit scenes, including violence, sexual content, and strong language. Viewer discretion is advised.
- The show is full of screws and turns. YOU is full of surprises, and the plot twists and turns often. Don’t assume anything, and be prepared for the unexpected.
- Social media plays a significant role. Social media is a central theme of the show, with characters using it to stalk and manipulate one another.
- It’s a commentary on modern relationships. YOU is more than just a thriller. It’s a commentary on current relationships and the dangers of becoming too involved with someone before you truly know who they are.
- The show has a dedicated fanbase. YOU have gained a devoted fanbase since its release on Netflix, and many fans have become obsessed with the show and its characters.
YOU is a gripping psychological thriller not for the faint of heart. It’s a commentary on modern relationships and the dangers of becoming too involved with someone before genuinely knowing who they are. Before watching, it’s essential to be aware of the graphic content and prepare yourself for the twists and turns that the show has in store. But YOU is definitely worth watching if you’re a genre fan.