Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
NordVPN not working? No worries we are here to provide you a guide through which you can get it working, or at least try before making a complaint to customer care.
NordVPN is one of the well-known VPN providers in the market, with millions of users connecting to the server worldwide. NordVPN comes after ExpressVPN, and the reason is NordVPN still crashes in many regions, because of which the customers get frustrated.
Due to these issues of connectivity, users adopt and move towards different VPN service providers like ExpressVPN, SurfShark, CyberGhost, and PureVPN. More or less, there are a bunch of ways, through which you can fix the issues of connectivity and get a secure and stable connection in a minute or more.
In this article, all the vulnerabilities are provided with a specified solution so users can access their desired website or channel using NordVPN.
But firstly, let’s understand the basic need, why we always choose NordVPN as a secured VPN connection rather than others.
NordVPN – The Best VPN server to unblock geo-restricted sites
Before moving to the main topic, it’s important to understand some core features of NordVPN for a better understanding and usage of services.
Let’s have a look at the core features, and functionalities of NordVPN which makes it stand first within the list of multiple service oriented VPN services providers in the town.
- NordVPN is covering a wide range of regions, with a server connectivity of 5500+ in almost 59+ countries with the fastest connection and speed attributes.
- Zero-log policy is also available for user’s privacy, and ultra-fast speed is the core feature of NordVPN for fast surfing.
- Multiple logins upto 6 devices, with a single account along with Kill-Switch so that you can save your data from being exposed.
- Similarly like other VPN service providers, it masks the I.P. address and replace with a dummy one as per the ever which is connected with your device at that time.
- Moreover, there are more encryption techniques like AES-256 bit encryption technique, NordLynx, OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP.
- NordVPN utilizes P2P servers instead of DNS and Onion Router for restricting third-party access.
- A Live 24/7 hours chat support is also available for users, to get their questions answered every time a request is made.
- NordVPN offers pocket-friendly pricing packages, which don’t create a burden over the pockets of customers like, 1-year plan costs $4.92 per month.
- The instant unblocking of geo-restricted websites, and platforms like Netflix, HULU, Disney+, Hotstar, and others for quick connectivity and high bandwidth.
Why Do We Encounter Issues in NordVPN Connectivity?
There are millions of reasons, which makes a trigger within a well encrypted and secured connection, damaging the ongoing processing of data transfer, and frustrating the customers who are well satisfied with the services.
Some of the core reasons are discussed below, before jumping to the ways and solutions through which you can solve these issues.
- It can be due to router connectivity issues or servers.
- In most cases, the overlapping of pricing packages interrupts the connections, and starts generating error messages.
- Sometimes, the website you’re trying to access is not accessible from the server you selected, and then you start counting that issue as NordVPN features problems.
- The issue in selection of security layers, and protocols which confuses the server, and it starts working with no results.
How to Fix the Connection Problems of NordVPN
If you are unable to connect with the servers of NordVPN then you can follow the following steps, and get yourself secured from any hassle.
Step 1: Ensure Your Account is Active and Functional
The first step to initiate is to ensure that your current account is active, and functional with all the services that are made available for the premium users of NordVPN. Sometimes, your packages expire and you’re still unaware of it due to which the connection is interrupted. Due to the expiry of your account, your account is on hold, and service usage is canceled interrupting the connectivity. If there are such cases, then it’s obviously not possible to access NordVPN accounts with an active status.
The active status of your account can be checked, once you log in from your account and if you encounter that the account is not active then online chat support is available 24/7 hours for getting the issues resolved instantly.
Step 2: Connecting to a Different Server Location
As discussed, in the section NordVPN covers almost every region with a server range of about 5510+ in different countries. In most cases, the server you connect has some issues, and that’s why your connection interrupts. Most of the time, due to high load, or extensive users connecting on the single server makes it difficult for the users to watch or stream their required content.
For example, suppose you plan to watch Sling TV in Australia and connect to NordVPN suddenly your connection drops, and this is because of the weak connectivity and server issues which can be resolved if you change your server connection. You can simply change the server from the provided list, and get a chance to watch all the movies, and shows with strong connectivity.
More or less, NordVPN doesn’t have server issues, because of the optimization and high bandwidth, but still if any such circumstances occur you can always use this trick.
Step 3: Reinstalling NordVPN
The third step is to reset or reinstall the existing application with your mobile or browser so, because the issue might be due to a glitch interrupting the network. We observe in many cases, that NordVPN is not stable in Windows 10, and interrupts the connection.
You just have to reset, and re-install the application, and sign in with your old credentials to resolve your issue. Following are the steps to reset NordVPN in your portable devices:
- First Open the NordVPN application
- Go to the Settings tab and click on Advanced Settings
- Once done, run the diagnostic tool to let the application perform the operation.
- Click on the “Rest Application” option and it will take you to a new window or tab.
Step 4: Restarting the TAP Adapter
If you are still facing connectivity issues while running the extension on Windows 10, then the second alternative to trying out is to restart the TAP Adapter.
Following are the respective steps you can use to rest the TAP Adapter:
- First, close the NordVPN application
- Got to the Control Panel and click on Network and Internet
- Open the Network and Sharing Centre, where you can Change the Adapter Settings easily.
- Click on the TAP-NordVPN Windows Adapter option, and Disable it.
- Once you disable it successfully, you can enable it again, and boom! Your connection will work!
Step 5: Switching TCP and UDP
Another trick is to change the VPN protocols. Because your selection of protocols could be the reason behind connectivity issues in most cases.
Step 6: Allowing NordVPN as Exception in Firewall
If you are using NordVPN on your phones, and personal laptops then there is a feature of Firewall which blocks all the activities that seem auspicious for skeptical to them. Mostly, it detects NordVPN as a harmful activity and blocks its connections and features.
You just have to unblock the connection of the Firewall and get your stable access to NordVPN. Hopefully, your connection will be stable now and you can enjoy the services.
Step 7: Flushing Windows Network Stack
The last option to connect to NordVPN after trying all the hacks mentioned above is to flush the window’s network stack because there can be some issues in that as well. The command prompt will take you to the administrative rights of the system, and running applications to sort the issue.
You can perform the activity, using the following steps:
- Open command prompt by writing cmd on run window.
- Then ipconfig/release
- ipconfig/ flushdns
- ipconfig/ renew
- netsh winsock reset
Once you run these commands successfully you have to perform the following commands on the system.
- netsh interface ipv4 reset
- netsh interface ipv6 reset
- netsh Winsock reset catalog
- netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
- netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
Devices Compatible with NordVPN
Let’s have a look at the devices, on which NordVPN is compatible:
- Android TV
NordVPN Not Working with Streaming Platforms
In most cases, NordVPN might not work with different streaming platforms like Amazon Fire TV devices or others. But you can follow the following steps to resolve your issues.
1. NordVPN Not Working with Netflix
If you are using the NordVPN application and can not access Netflix then you can try the steps mentioned in the article. Most probably, you should reset the settings, and restart it once again with a phone or if you are accessing it through your laptops, os systems then perform the commands on cmd, for a quick recovery.
2. NordVPN with HULU
This is the most common issue, because HULU makes it difficult for users to access it using a VPN connection. You can solve this issue, by checking that a new IP address, whenever you select a server after connecting to the server. Otherwise, we mention all the steps that are necessary for quick recovery.
3. NordVPN with Amazon Prime
You just have to clear the cache, or force stop the application and recheck the new IP address.
4. NordVPN not working with iPhone
If NordVPN doesn’t work with iPhone, then simply restart your connection. Otherwise, reset the settings using the tricks, which we discuss in this article already.
5. NordVPN not working with Android
You can resolve the issue of accessing NordVPN, within Android devices similar to iPhone. You can resolve your issue instantly by changing the I.P. address or server replacement.
FAQs on NordVPN Not Working
What is the reason that NordVPN stops working?
NordVPN doesn’t work in the case of IP address issues, or server connectivity. Otherwise, its functionalities are functional in the relative regions. Still, these are the following reasons due to which NordVPN might not work.
- Firstly, Account not active
- Issue in the load of any server
- NordVPN application glitches
- Tap Adapter issue
- VPN protocol selection
- Windows Network Slack Issue
How can I fix the password failure issue on NordVPN?
If you forget your password or password doesn’t match the one you put in first at the time of sign up, then you have to go to ‘ Advanced settings ‘ of the application, and disable the obfuscated server option.
Does NordVPN offer a Zero-log policy?
Yes, NordVPN offers a Zero log policy. It is a beneficial feature for the users, that except for their personal information taken at the start of the sign-up no repository is maintained about their online on server activities.
Why NordVPN doesn’t work with Firestick?
NordVPN configures the settings for the Firestick automatically sometimes. But still if it doesn’t work then, you can reinstall the application following the steps mentioned in the article already.
NordVPN mostly crashed on iPhone, Why?
More or less, iPhone users see this issue. But you can solve it by changing the server, and checking the dynamic behavior of the IP address.
NordVPN is a big name when we talk about VPN connections and connectivity. Usually people reports within the platform or Quora that NordVPN not working, but there are certain issues that causes lackness in connectivity. Because, allowing users to watch their desired website and channels. You can resolve this issue easily, by checking the server connectivity, IP addresses, or reset the application settings.