Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
So, don’t panic! You can try a number of fixes to get Amazon Prime VPN to start working back, this article will help you find out what's causing the problem and how to fix it Amazon Prime VPN not working issue!
Are you facing an Amazon Prime VPN not Working issue and unsure what’s causing it? In this post, We will go over the causes of this issue and how to fix it if you’re having problems accessing Amazon Prime on-demand content from a geo-restricted country.
Is Your Current Amazon Prime VPN Not Working?
Why is my VPN not working with Amazon Prime? Make sure that you are using a premium VPN.
Switch to ExpressVPN, it is known as the best Amazon Prime VPN service that has been tested to unblock Amazon Prime consistently. We’ve tested a lot of VPNs, and ExpressVPN has always come out on top.
When it comes to unblocking streaming services, like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and many others, ExpressVPN offers lightning-fast connections with no data limitations, making it ideal for watching HD movies without buffering, as well as offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing you to test the service without risk.
Why is Amazon Prime VPN Not Working?
Practically any VPN service provider could allow you to access geo-restricted streaming services like Amazon Prime from almost anywhere on the planet in the past. Simply turn on your VPN, connect to a server in the right country, and start watching.
Unfortunately, this has changed. VPN users can no longer access material on streaming services like Amazon Prime Video. This is because of the agreements they make with producers; that’s why video streaming services like Amazon Prime Video must restrict access to their content to consumers from other countries.
However, it occasionally detects the VPN and displays the following HTTP proxy error:
“Your device’s Internet connection is using an HTTP proxy which prevents playing your video. Please close or disable any proxy programs and try again.”
But it’s likely that Amazon Prime has blacklisted the IP address/VPN server you’re using or that your VPN is revealing your real IP address. One of the most common reasons your VPN isn’t working on Amazon Prime is this.
However, our team of experts at RantEnt has listed the best Amazon Prime VPNs amongst so many VPNs available in the market that have the ability to bypass Amazon Prime geo-restrictions without getting detected. So, take a look!
Fix Amazon Prime VPN Not Working Issue with the 3 Best VPNs [Updated February 2024]
Here’s how to fix the Amazon Prime VPN not working issue using the best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Fix Amazon Prime VPN Not Working Issues
- ExpressVPN offers over 3000+ servers worldwide and 24 highly optimized server locations in the USA around the world and is fast enough to stream NBC without any apparent lag.
- Advanced security features like 256-bit encryption, a kill switch (desktop only), complete forward secrecy, and DNS and IPv6 leak protection secure your traffic. In the event that a problem arises.
- Additionally, the company’s customer service team is available via live chat 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- ExpressVPN keeps no logs of your sessions or activities and even takes Bitcoin payments, so you’ll be almost anonymous.
- The protocols OpenVPN, IKEv2, and L2TP assist in making the features more durable, and WireGuard is another significant feature that makes it easier to secure the user’s data.
- ExpressVPN’s annual subscription is $6.67/month and gets 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money.
- ExpressVPN is compatible with 5 devices at once and supports Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
NordVPN – Most Reliable VPN to Fix Amazon Prime VPN Not Working Issues
- With over 5,700+ servers scattered over 80 countries while boasting one of the largest networks available.
- The connection is practical thanks to AES-256-bit encryption, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and Zero-log rules, which give clients confidence that they are conducting encrypted activities over the internet.
- Not only that, but the pricing packages are also quite affordable, allowing clients to migrate to a network with a kill-switch and split-tunneling capability, allowing data packets to be transferred.
- You can get NordVPN for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, ensuring that clients’ complaints are addressed in the event that they are dissatisfied with the network and services.
- Unblocking of geo-restricted websites is also available, allowing binge-watchers to benefit from a bypassing feature that ensures a secure connection.
- Fast bandwidth, up to six simultaneous connections, and servers specialized for P2P file sharing and DDoS protection are also available.
Surfshark – Low-Cost VPN to Fix Amazon Prime VPN Not Working Issues
- Surfshark is another well-known VPN that is known for its high-speed capabilities as well as a large number of servers in various countries and places.
- Its most important feature is its speed, which allows users to surf the Internet without interruptions.
- Surfshark has over 3200 servers in 100 countries across the world, all of which use the AES 256-bit encryption technology to protect users’ data from being hacked and to prevent third-party access.
- Surfshark will cost you $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- With no connection limit, it’s even better. This VPN protects you from snoopers with WebRTC, IPv6, and DNS leak prevention, as well as 256-bit AES encryption and a kill switch (which is available in all versions).
- You can also utilize the built-in split tunneling capability to allow some apps to bypass the VPN if you wish to use services from multiple countries without constantly switching the VPN on and off.
- It also includes a zero-log feature, as well as IP leaks and DNS servers, to ensure that no third parties are involved in the process.
How to Fix Amazon Prime VPN Proxy Error [Quick Fixes February 2024]
Below are the quick fixes to fix Amazon Prime VPN not working or if Amazon Prime is blocking the VPN:
- Before moving on to the following steps, ensure you’re not connected to another VPN. You may want to close any other VPN apps you have open before utilizing your Amazon Prime VPN.
- You should also ensure that your antivirus or firewall software isn’t the source of the connection problems, as these might sometimes interfere with the connection, disable them, and reconnect to your VPN.
- Add your VPN as an exception before re-enabling your security software if this helps.
- Disconnect from your VPN and try browsing the website on a regular basis to ensure that your Internet connection is active.
- Connect to the server closest to your current location. If this helps, the problem is with the server you attempted to connect to at first.
- Switch to a new network or change your DNS.
- To see if the problem is with your current Internet provider, try connecting to a different network, such as a public Wi-Fi connection.
Get A Premium VPN
Is your Amazon Prime VPN blocked? If your current VPN isn’t working with Amazon Prime and showing you the Amazon Prime Proxy error, then it’s time for you to consider subscribing to a premium VPN. However, the ones mentioned above are the best VPNs that work perfectly with Amazon Prime.
Here’s how you can subscribe to a premium VPN:
- Download and install the VPN app on your device. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app and choose a VPN server in the United States.
- Connect your VPN by pressing the Connect button.
- Open the Amazon Prime you want to watch once the VPN connection has been established.
Update your VPN App
To do so, connect to your VPN account and set up your VPN, then choose your device platform and download the most recent version of your VPN for Windows. Set up the VPN app and link it to Amazon Prime to see whether it works again.
Clear Caches and Cookies
The browser’s cache and cookies may interfere with the VPN’s ability to function properly. Simply clean the cache from your browser’s settings, or press “CTRL + SHIFT + DEL” to clear all cookies and cache.
To Clear caches and cookies, you also need to flush DNS; here’s how you can do it:
- Press the Windows key and “R,” then type “cmd” To open Run.
- Type “ipconfig/flushdns” into the Command Prompt.
- When you press the Enter key, the Command Prompt will display this message, “The DNS resolver cache was successfully purged.”
- Reconnect the VPN software and begin streaming Amazon Prime.
FAQs on Amazon Prime Not Working
How to get Amazon Prime to work with a premium VPN?
As Amazon Prime easily detects VPNs, We recommend you to subscribe to any of the above-mentioned premium VPNs as they are good with bypassing geo-restricted streaming platforms, such as ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN.
What is the significance of being referred to as primevideo.com/vpn?
If you’re having trouble accessing Amazon Prime Video, it’s possible that it’s because it’s identified that you’re using a VPN. This means you’ll have to turn off your VPN or connect to a different server to get a new IP address. For any changes to take effect, make sure you clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
Is it legal to use a VPN to watch Amazon Prime Video?
Yes, unless you live in a location where VPNs are prohibited, using a VPN to watch Amazon Prime Video is totally legal. Netflix falls into this category as well.
Will using a VPN slow down my streaming on Amazon Prime Video?
VPNs encrypt your data before transferring it across a secure tunnel and sometimes to a remote server. It’s typical for this to slow down your connection speed, but with a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, which is fast enough for high-definition viewing, it should be scarcely perceptible.
What is the minimum internet speed required to see HD content on Amazon Prime Video?
To stream HD quality video on Amazon Prime Video without buffering, you’ll need at least 5 Mbps of available connection.
- 900 Kbps for low quality
- 3 Mbps for standard definition (480p)
- 4 Mbps for high definition (720p)
- 5 Mbps for full high definition (1080p)
- 15 Mbps for 4K HDR ultra high definition (2160p)
And that’s a wrap! Now you know how to fix the Amazon Prime not working issue, as well as the best VPNs to bypass its geo-restrictions without being detected. We hope this blog will help you fix this issue if you are having any problems regarding connecting Amazon Prime to a premium VPN.
However if you still have some queries in your mind, then please leave a message in the comment section.
Be More Familiar: