Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
So, don’t panic! You can try a number of fixes to get Amazon Prime VPN to start working back, this article will help you find out what's causing the problem and how to fix it Amazon Prime VPN not working issue!
Are you facing an Amazon Prime VPN not Working issue and unsure what’s causing it? In this post, We will go over the causes of this issue and how to fix it if you’re having problems accessing Amazon Prime on-demand content from a geo-restricted country.
Is Your Current Amazon Prime VPN Not Working?
Why is my VPN not working with Amazon Prime? Make sure that you are using a premium VPN.
Switch to ExpressVPN, it’s known as the best Amazon Prime VPN service that has been tested to unblock Amazon Prime consistently. We’ve tested a lot of VPNs, and ExpressVPN has always come out on top.
When it comes to unblocking streaming services, like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and many others ExpressVPN offers lightning-fast connections with no data limitations, making it ideal for watching HD movies without buffering, as well offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing you to test the service without risk.
Why is Amazon Prime VPN Not Working?
Practically any VPN service provider could allow you to access geo-restricted streaming services like Amazon Prime from almost anywhere on the planet in the past. Simply turn on your VPN, connect to a server in the right country, and start watching.
Unfortunately, this has changed. VPN users can no longer access material on streaming services like Amazon Prime Video. This is because of the agreements they make with producers; that’s why video streaming services like Amazon Prime Video must restrict access to their content to consumers from other countries.
However, it occasionally detects the VPN and displays the following HTTP proxy error:
“Your device’s Internet connection is using an HTTP proxy which prevents playing your video. Please close or disable any proxy programs and try again.”
But it’s likely that Amazon Prime has blacklisted the IP address/VPN server you’re using or that your VPN is revealing your real IP address. One of the most common reasons your VPN isn’t working on Amazon Prime is this. However, our team of experts at RantEnt has listed the best Amazon Prime VPNs amongst so many VPNs available in the market that have the ability to bypass Amazon Prime geo-restrictions without getting detected. So, take a look!
Fix Amazon Prime VPN Not Working Issue with the 5 Best VPNs [Updated May 2023]
Here’s how to fix the Amazon Prime VPN not working issue using the best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Fix Amazon Prime VPN Not Working Issues
The Amazon Prime VPN detection problem is easily fixed using ExpressVPN. This VPN has over 3,000 servers in 94 countries and has worked with Amazon Prime Video numerous times.
ExpressVPN is ideal for streaming platforms since it offers limitless bandwidth (no data caps), extremely fast connections, and the ability to watch Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and ESPN securely. Customer assistance is one of ExpressVPN’s best qualities. You won’t need it very frequently, but if you do, you may contact it via email or live chat 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
This VPN service is incredibly user-friendly, with a large number of apps and browser extensions. Setting up, connecting to a server, and watching Amazon Prime are all steps in the process. Whether you’re watching Amazon Prime Video or just surfing the web, your online safety is critical. ExpressVPN safeguards against DNS leaks and encrypts your traffic with 256-bit AES encryption.
You can pick which traffic to transit through the VPN using a kill switch and the split tunneling feature. ExpressVPN keeps no logs and is situated in the British Virgin Islands, where data retention rules are nonexistent.
CyberGhost – Secure Amazon Prime VPN to Fix Amazon Prime VPN Not Working Issues
- Servers: CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- Features: It has a built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries.
- Speed: Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
- Simultaneous Devices: Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost, you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats.
- Protection: CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols, such as the kill switch feature and split tunneling, that ensures you protect your data completely.
- Customer Support: CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- Pricing: The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years, but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Most Reliable VPN to Fix Amazon Prime VPN Not Working Issues
NordVPN features more than 5,000 servers around the world and is compatible with Amazon Prime Video. One of the benefits of having so many servers and IP addresses is that you’ll almost always be able to access geo-restricted content. Many major online streaming services, like Netflix and Hulu, easily work with NordVPN.
NordVPN has the fastest servers and limitless bandwidth, making it ideal for surfing, streaming, and video conferencing. It is also a fantastic value for money, especially since you can encrypt up to six devices with it. Another benefit is that it provides incredibly intuitive and simple-to-use apps and browser extensions.
With 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch option, NordVPN is incredibly safe. This VPN service is based in Panama, which does not have any data retention rules. Regardless of this, NordVPN adheres to a strict no-logs policy.
Surfshark – Low-Cost VPN to Fix Amazon Prime VPN Not Working Issues
Surfshark is another VPN service that works with Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Hulu, as well as in addition to fixing the Amazon Prime VPN not working issue. Surfshark boasts high-speed servers in 50 countries while having a very modest server network. That’s why you should have no trouble unblocking geo-restricted content no matter where you are.
Surfshark distinguishes itself by allowing an unlimited number of connections. This means that you and your family can protect all of your gadgets at the same time. It also provides outstanding 24/7 customer service, which RantEnt found to be both helpful and responsive.
Moreover, Surfshark uses 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill button to keep your data safe. It’s based in the British Virgin Islands and has a strict no-logging policy, which means it doesn’t maintain any connection or internet usage logs.
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to Fix Amazon Prime VPN Not Working Issues
- No. of Servers: AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options.
- Devices: It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- Speed: It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- Pricing: AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices.
- Refund Policy: It also comes with a 30-day hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies.
- Features: It also has a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption, and it is a VPN that works with amazon prime.
How to Fix Amazon Prime VPN Proxy Error [Quick Fixes May 2023]
Below are the quick fixes to fix Amazon Prime VPN not working or if Amazon Prime is blocking VPN:
- Before moving on to the following steps, ensure you’re not connected to another VPN. You may want to close any other VPN apps you have open before utilizing your Amazon Prime VPN.
- You should also ensure that your antivirus or firewall software isn’t the source of the connection problems, as these might sometimes interfere with the connection, disable them and reconnect to your VPN.
- Add your VPN as an exception before re-enabling your security software if this helps.
- Disconnect from your VPN and try browsing the website on a regular basis to ensure that your Internet connection is active.
- Connect to the server closest to your current location. If this helps, the problem is with the server you attempted to connect to at first.
- Switch to a new network or change your DNS.
- To see if the problem is with your current Internet provider, try connecting to a different network, such as a public Wi-Fi connection.
Get A Premium VPN
Is your Amazon Prime VPN blocked? If your current VPN isn’t working with Amazon Prime and showing you the Amazon Prime Proxy error, then it’s time for you to consider subscribing to a premium VPN. However, the ones mentioned above are the best VPNs that work perfectly with Amazon Prime.
Here’s how you can subscribe to a premium VPN:
- Download and install the VPN app on your device. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app and choose a VPN server in the United States.
- Connect your VPN by pressing the Connect button.
- Open the Amazon Prime you want to watch once the VPN connection has been established.
Update your VPN App
To do so, connect to your VPN account and set up your VPN, then choose your device platform and download the most recent version of your VPN for Windows. Set up the VPN app and link it to Amazon Prime to see whether it works again.
Clear Caches and Cookies
The browser’s cache and cookies may interfere with the VPN’s ability to function properly. Simply clean the cache from your browser’s settings, or press “CTRL + SHIFT + DEL” to clear all cookies and cache.
To Clear caches and cookies, you also need to flush DNS; here’s how you can do it:
- Press the Windows key and “R,” then type “cmd” To open Run.
- Type “ipconfig/flushdns” into the Command Prompt.
- When you press the Enter key, the Command Prompt will display this message, “The DNS resolver cache was successfully purged.”
- Reconnect the VPN software and begin streaming Amazon Prime.
FAQs on Amazon Prime Not Working
How to get Amazon Prime to work with a premium VPN?
As Amazon Prime easily detects VPNs, We recommend you to subscribe to any of the above-mentioned premium VPNs as they are good with bypassing geo-restricted streaming platforms, such as ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN.
What is the significance of being referred to as primevideo.com/vpn?
If you’re having trouble accessing Amazon Prime Video, it’s possible that it’s because it’s identified that you’re using a VPN. This means you’ll have to turn off your VPN or connect to a different server to get a new IP address. For any changes to take effect, make sure you clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
Is it legal to use a VPN to watch Amazon Prime Video?
Yes, unless you live in a location where VPNs are prohibited, using a VPN to watch Amazon Prime Video is totally legal. Netflix falls into this category as well.
Will using a VPN slow down my streaming on Amazon Prime Video?
VPNs encrypt your data before transferring it across a secure tunnel and sometimes to a remote server. It’s typical for this to slow down your connection speed, but with a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, which is fast enough for high-definition viewing, it should be scarcely perceptible.
What is the minimum internet speed required to see HD content on Amazon Prime Video?
To stream HD quality video on Amazon Prime Video without buffering, you’ll need at least 5 Mbps of available connection.
- 900 Kbps for low quality
- 3 Mbps for standard definition (480p)
- 4 Mbps for high definition (720p)
- 5 Mbps for full high definition (1080p)
- 15 Mbps for 4K HDR ultra high definition (2160p)
And that’s a wrap! Now you know how to fix the Amazon Prime not working issue, as well as the best VPNs to bypass its geo-restrictions without being detected. We hope this blog will help you fix this issue if you are having any problems regarding connecting Amazon Prime to a premium VPN.
Although if you still have some queries in your mind, then please leave a message in the comment section.
Be More Familiar: