Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Disney Plus is gradually becoming one of the most popular on-demand movie streaming services. Because of the platform’s popularity, many users have purchased a premium subscription since its inception. As we all know, Disney Plus has been buggy since its initial release, despite several updates from the company’s developers.
Because there are so many reasons for Disney Plus not loading, troubleshooting can be complex, especially if you don’t have the correct information. Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll show you what to do if Disney Plus is not working. So, let’s get this party started!
Disney Plus Not Working – Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Is your Disney Plus not working? you can use basic troubleshooting to figure out what’s wrong. Typically, Disney Plus problems result from a few basic glitches related to internet connectivity or speed. Also, there are issues with the app, the web player (Chrome, Firefox), and Disney’s servers.
Is Disney Plus not working for you, try the following basic troubleshooting steps:
- Restart the device where you are using Disney Plus.
- Restart your internet connection (modem, router, etc.)
- Change the direction of the router antenna or the device’s location.
- Connect a wire from your streaming device to your internet device.
- Update the Disney Plus app.
- Reinstall the Disney software.
If these above-mentioned basic troubleshooting steps can’t resolve, then you might consider the following steps to get rid of the ‘Disney Plus Not Working’ issue.
- Try Another Search Browser
- Check Disney Plus Servers
- Try Watching Another Show
- Check If Your Device Is Supported
- Lower the Stream Quality
- Report the Problem to Disney Plus
- Turn Off VPN
- Update Your Device or Browser
- Re-Login to Your Account
- Run Malwarebytes
- Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies
[Video Tutorial] Learn How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working?
While these are just a few random quick methods for erasing the unknown problem, if a Disney Plus error code is listed, you can use it directly to get to the root of the problem and resolve it.
Keep reading as we have shared all errors and Disney Plus problems that exist beneath those codes.
How to Resolve “We’re sorry, but Disney+ isn’t available in your region” Issue
When you see the message “Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your region” on your screen. You know you have a severe problem on your hands. Because Disney Plus is geo-restricted, unfortunately, no troubleshooting or error codes will resolve this issue. You will require a trusted and reliable VPN for Disney Plus to overcome this error.
A VPN masks your IP address, deceiving the site as to your actual location. A VPN can also allow you to watch Disney Plus in South Africa, access Disney+ in Malaysia, and even unblock Disney+ in the Philippines, allowing you to bypass its geo-restrictions easily.
ExpressVPN is our top VPN recommendation due to its exceptional streaming quality and ability to unblock regionally blocked websites such as Disney Plus quickly. This error might happen if you are in regions like Disney plus Malaysia, Disney plus in Mexico, Disney plus in Europe, Disney plus in Romania, Disney plus in New Zealand, Disney plus in Singapore, Disney plus in Germany, and Disney plus in Europe.
How to Resolve the Disney Plus ‘Unable to Connect’ Error
The “unable to connect to Disney+, there seem to be an issue” error typically occurs when the site’s traffic is exceptionally high, preventing the servers from functioning correctly and resulting in a crash. When the peak traffic hours pass or the server capacity increases, the problem is resolved. This unable to connect Disney+ android, Disney+ iOS, or Desktop error could be solved easily with these steps.
Two messages will appear on your screen informing you of the problem; there seems to be a problem connecting to the Disney+ service. A temporary solution would be to prohibit the use of Disney Plus during rush hour. Other methods can be used to ensure connectivity even during peak hours, allowing you to avoid waiting.
- Close the site window and log out of your account.
- Relaunch the Disney Plus application and log in again.
- If the problem continues, make sure your internet connection is operational.
Disney Plus Error Codes
As previously stated, most issues occur due to high traffic on the site, and they usually go away when we refresh the page or reselect the movie you were going to watch.
When you encounter these errors, you usually see them as numbers, such as Disney Plus error 83, 42, 73, and so on, or with a small message attached to it, such as “Something went wrong. Please try once more. If the issue persists, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code xx)“.
Don’t stop if you want to know how to fix these errors, and keep reading because you might find the solution to your problem!
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 83 – Device Compatibility Issue
Disney Plus Error Code 83 is commonly caused by device compatibility issues. It could also happen as a result of a faulty internet connection or Disney server issues.
The Disney Plus Error Code 83 usually appears when your device fails the DRM check. The DRM check is an actual test that Disney+ performs before allowing users to access its content. If your device fails this test, you will receive the Disney Plus 83 error.
Disney Plus is not compatible with every device, so check the device compatibility list before signing up for Disney+ with that device.
The following are the Disney+ compatible devices:
- Web Browsers for Desktop (via streaming)
- Tablets and mobile devices (via free downloaded app)
- Android phone and tablet
- Amazon Fire Tablet
- Apple iPhone and iPad
- Set-top Boxes and Game Consoles (via free downloaded app)
- Apple TV is a type of media player (4th Generation and later) (Disney+ is available on Apple TV.)
- PlayStation 4 from Sony (Watch Disney Plus on PS4)
- Disney+ on Xbox One
- Smart TVs (pre-installed or via free downloaded app)
- Android TV Devices
- LG WebOS Smart TVs
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs (Disney Plus on Samsung Smart TV)
- Other Streaming Devices (via free downloaded app)
- Amazon FireTV (Disney Plus on Firestick)
- Apple AirPlay
- Roku (Watch Disney plus on Roku)
- Chromecast (Watch Disney Plus on Chromecast)
How to Fix Disney Plus Errors/Issue on Your Android, iOS Device, PC, TV & Tablets:
To fix Disney Plus errors and issues on your device, like Disney plus on Kodi including android/iOS phones, tablets, TVs, and PCs, try the following fixes.
- Check that you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- The cellular network is not always fast enough to provide a smooth and error-free streaming experience.
- Check that your internet connection is stable and fast enough to allow for seamless streaming.
- If you get any random Disney+ errors, try restarting your app or uninstalling and reinstalling it.
- Clear the cache of your device’s Disney Plus application. The ‘Clear Cache‘ option can be found in Settings > Applications > Disney+ on your phone. If you’re using Disney+ on a PC or laptop, try clearing your browser’s cache.
- Check to see if you’re using the most recent Disney+ app. If not, upgrade to the most current version for a better streaming experience.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 39 – Streaming via Xbox One issue
While watching Disney Plus, you may encounter the Disney+ (Error Code 39). You can fix the Disney Plus Error Code 39 and enjoy seamless streaming by following the steps below:
- Reload the video. This error might appear as a one-time occurrence, and it is easily remedied by refreshing or reloading the video.
- Continue to the next step if the problem persists after reloading.
- Make use of a different HDMI port. Switch the HDMI port to see if it works. If any of the ports is operational and provides a successful handshake, you can resume streaming, and the error code will be removed.
- Attempt to replace your HDMI cable.
- If you’re using an Xbox One (Watch Disney+ on Xbox), you could try restarting the Disney+ application or your Xbox.
- Switch to a different streaming device. Because this error is most commonly associated with an Xbox One, you can try a different streaming device to see if it works properly.
- If none of the above methods works, you can perform a factory reset on your Xbox One.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error 24 and 43 – Log in or connection issue
Error codes 24 and 43 are two similar error codes that cause us all grief. What should you do if you’re having trouble logging in or connecting? Disney plus error 24 Apple TV can occur often with your Apple TV.
First, make sure your internet connection is working correctly. You should probably refer back to our wi-fi connection troubleshooting guide at the top of our blog.
If troubleshooting fails, try signing out and back into Disney+. If that doesn’t work, double-check your billing information. One of these solutions should resolve the issue.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error 73 – Location issue
If you’re getting Error 73, the first thing you should do is reboot your modem if you’re on a home network, or refresh your network connection by turning airplane mode on and off again if you’re on a mobile device.
If that doesn’t work, check to see if you’re browsing from another country via a VPN app or browser plugin. To try to diagnose your location problem, go through the following steps:
- Search the title on Disney Plus to see if it is available in your country.
- Reset your mobile network connection or wi-fi modem (wait for 30 to 60 seconds before reconnecting).
- Using an IP address lookup tool, determine where you are currently browsing from.
- Check your browser plugins and running apps if the results show you’re browsing from somewhere other than your current location.
- If you have a VPN running (for example, ExpressVPN, Surfshark, NordVPN), close it or reset your location settings.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error 42 – Issue Connecting to Disney Plus Service
Error 42 indicates that there is a problem connecting to your Disney Plus service. That could be due to a server error on Disney’s end or a problem with your internet connection.
So here are some quick tips to fix this issue:
- Perform an internet speed test (anything above 5 Mbps should be enough to stream).
- Try logging out and back into Disney Plus on all devices (especially if you’ve shared your password).
- Remove the power supply from your modem and wait 5 minutes before reconnecting it.
- Consider unplugging bandwidth-intensive devices from your home wi-fi (e.g., video game consoles).
- If you’re streaming on a web browser, try clearing the cache.
- Check for a firmware update by logging into your wi-fi router’s settings.
- Change your DNS settings to OpenDNS, Cloudflare, or Google by logging into your wi-fi router settings.
Other Disney Plus Error Codes
In addition to the errors listed above, you may encounter the following while streaming Disney Plus:
- Error 4: This error is caused by a payment problem. It could happen if your credit card has expired or if your card is not from the same region as the Disney+ region you’re using.
- Error 9: Indicates a Disney plus login issue or payment problem.
- Error 11: This error appears if the content is not available in your region or if your VPN is not functioning correctly.
- Error 13: This error occurs when the device limit is reached.
- Errors 22, 35, and 36: These errors can occur if you attempt to access restricted content and your VPN fails.
- Error 25: An internal error can be resolved by refreshing the page, signing out and back in, or contacting customer support.
- Error 30: This indicates a problem with device registration.
- Error 31: A location problem usually occurs when your location services are turned off or your VPN is not working correctly.
- Error 32 and 87: Indicates a login problem, which you can resolve by double-checking your billing information or resetting your password.
- Error 38: It indicates a problem with your time settings; make sure your time settings are set to automatic.
- Error 41: Overload of traffic. It is a rare error that occurs when there are too many users attempting to watch a show simultaneously.
- Error 76: This error occurs when the server becomes overloaded.
- Error 86: This error occurs when your account is blocked or violates the service terms.
- Error 87: This error happens when you face any issue with your Login or password. You can sign out and log in again, check payment/billing details, reset the password.
Fix Disney Plus Credit Card Issue:
You might have face the issue regarding payment while subscribing to Disney Plus, and before processing the payment, you might have come across this error:
“We could not complete your payment request using the credit card information you supplied. Please re-enter your credit card information or use another form of payment.”
The solution to this error is to ensure that you have typed in the correct postal or ZIP code. Also, make sure that you have typed in the correct security code and other details. Carefully match your card’s expiration date with the one you have entered, and write the correct billing address.
After writing all the correct card and address details, you will easily bypass this Disney+ payment error.
Still Disney Plus Not Working? It could be down.
While this is unusual, it is possible that Disney Plus not working because they are unavailable. You might want to check the DownDetector site to see if anyone else is experiencing issues.
It’s also possible that a problem with your home Internet service is causing the issue, in which case you should contact your service provider.
FAQs on Disney Plus Not Working
Why is my Disney Plus Not Working?
There could be various causes and errors underlying this problem, the majority of which can be traced back to a slow internet connection or other account-related issues that can be resolved by reconnecting or logging back in.
What should I do when Disney Plus not working?
Exit Disney+ entirely (and all other apps or programs running in the background on your streaming device). Then, try reopening Disney+. Switch off your device (and the modem and router, if applicable). Then, restart your device and reopen the Disney+ app.
How do I Fix my Disney Plus Not Working Error?
If the problem persists, try updating your Disney Plus app; if the problem persists, reinstall the app and log in again. Try to use a different device or restart your wi-fi connection.
Why isn’t the Disney Plus login button working?
If your Disney Plus login button becomes inoperable or grey, try the following solutions:
- Sign up first, then try logging in.
- Turn off all browser extensions.
- Disable your VPN client.
- Experiment with incognito mode.
- Clear the cache on your router.
- Switch to another network.
Why Disney+ keeps stopping?
The majority of the time, this issue is caused by a flaw in your device or its operating system. It could, however, be due to faulty Disney Plus servers or a slow internet connection. In this guide, we’ll show you how to fix Disney Plus if it keeps freezing on your device.
Disney Plus is one of the most popular on-demand movie streaming services. Most of the time, the issue of Disney Plus not working is caused by a problem with Disney Plus servers or a slow network connection. Troubleshooting can be complex, especially if you don’t have the correct information. That’s why I have tried to compile the best fixies to help you get the solution to your problem.
But still, If you come across an error that we haven’t covered in this guide or discover a solution that we haven’t yet encountered in this article. Your queries and suggestions are more than welcome. Kindly let us know in the comments below.
People Also Read: