Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Is Disney Plus not working in your region? let's fix it now by try changing your IP address with VPN to be sure that you are not geo-restricted.
Are you on the lookout for, Why is Disney Plus suddenly not working? Disney Plus is gradually becoming one of the most popular on-demand movie streaming services. Because of the platform’s popularity, many users have purchased a premium subscription since its inception. As we all know, Disney Plus has been buggy since its initial release, despite several updates from the company’s developers.
Because there are so many reasons for Disney Plus not loading, troubleshooting can be complex, especially if you don’t have the correct information. Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place. Read the guide to learn how to resolve Disney Plus is not working error. So, let’s get this party started.
Why is Disney Plus not working?
Wondering why isn’t my Disney Plus working? Disney Plus might not be working because of various reasons such as unstable internet connection, weak bandwidth or either the service application or website has crashed. Nevertheless, you can identify the error through the Disney Plus error code and enjoy streaming your favorite content.
You must be wondering why is my Disney Plus not working, well you can use the basic troubleshooting ideas to assess the problems. Usually, Disney Plus is not working because of the basic glitches related to internet speed or connectivity.
If you are experiencing issues while using Disney Plus, read more to learn how to resolve the issues.
How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working? [Troubleshooting Tips May 2023]
Is your Disney Plus not working? you can use basic troubleshooting to figure out what’s wrong. Typically, Disney Plus problems result from a few basic glitches related to internet connectivity or speed. Also, there are issues with the app, the web player (Chrome, Firefox), and Disney’s servers.
If Disney Plus not working for you, try the following basic troubleshooting steps:
- Check Error Code 83 – Disney Plus not working error code 83 indicates that you are unable to connect to Disney Plus on TV in the United States or your device is incompatible with Disney+.
- Check Your Internet Connection – In case Disney Plus does not work on wifi in the USA, check the speed of your internet connection. Make sure you have at least 5 Mbps.
- Disconnect Internet Device – Next, unplug your Wi-Fi router from your mobile device after waiting at least 30 seconds and preferably a minute.
- Restart your Internet Device – Try restarting your router’s antenna or repositioning your network equipment.
- Update Disney+ App – Make sure that you are using the most recent version of your app if there is one available.
- Clear the Cache – Delete all browsing history and cache files from your browser. To start over, simply close your browser and reopen it.
- Close and Reopen the App – A simple solution is to force quit the program and then launch it again. Switch off all devices that are connected to your Disney+ subscription.
- Check if Disney+ Server is Down – Verify that Disney+ isn’t experiencing server issues, and if it isn’t, try accessing the service from a separate device or browser that is compatible.
- Try another device – Try streaming Disney+ on another device. More often than not, there might be a problem with the device you’re using. By using another device, you can identify the problem.
- Change or Reset Disney+ Password – If you’re experiencing trouble logging in, try switching your credentials.
While these are just a few random quick methods for erasing the unknown problem, if a Disney Plus error code is listed, you can use it directly to get to the root of the problem and resolve it.
Keep reading as we have shared all errors and Disney Plus problems that exist beneath those codes.
How to Resolve “We’re sorry, but Disney+ isn’t available in your region” Issue
When you see the message “Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your region” on your screen. You know you have a severe problem with your hands. Because Disney Plus is geo-restricted, unfortunately, no troubleshooting or error codes will resolve this issue. You will require a trusted and reliable VPN for Disney Plus to overcome this error.
A VPN masks your IP address, deceiving the site as to your actual location. A VPN can also allow you to watch Disney Plus in South Africa, access Disney Plus in Malaysia, and even unblock Disney Plus in Philippines, allowing you to bypass its geo-restrictions easily.
ExpressVPN is our top VPN recommendation due to its exceptional streaming quality and ability to unblock regionally blocked websites such as Disney Plus quickly. This error might happen if you are outside the USA.
You can easily get Disney Plus in all these regions with a VPN:
- Disney Plus in Mexico
- Disney Plus in Europe
- Disney Plus in Romania
- Disney Plus in New Zealand
- Disney Plus in Singapore
- Disney Plus in Germany
How to Resolve the Disney Plus ‘Unable to Connect’ Error
The “unable to connect to Disney+, there seems to be an issue” error typically occurs when the site’s traffic is exceptionally high, preventing the servers from functioning correctly and resulting in a crash. When the peak traffic hours pass or the server capacity increases, the problem is resolved. This is unable to connect Disney+ android, Disney+ iOS, or Desktop error could be solved easily with these steps.
Two messages will appear on your screen informing you of the problem; there seems to be a problem connecting to the Disney+ service. A temporary solution would be to prohibit the use of Disney Plus during rush hour. Other methods can be used to ensure connectivity even during peak hours, allowing you to avoid waiting.
- Close the site window and log out of your account.
- Relaunch the Disney Plus application and log in again.
- If the problem continues, make sure your internet connection is operational.
How to Fix Some Common Disney Plus Error Codes?
As previously stated, most issues occur due to high traffic on the site, and they usually go away when we refresh the page or reselect the movie you were going to watch.
When you encounter these errors, you usually see them as numbers, such as Disney Plus error 83, 42, 73, and so on, or with a small message attached to it, such as “Something went wrong. Please try once more. If the issue persists, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code xx)“.
Don’t stop if you want to know how to fix these errors, and keep reading because you might find the solution to your problem!
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 83 – Device Compatibility Issue
Disney Plus Error Code 83 is commonly caused by device compatibility issues. It could also happen as a result of a faulty internet connection or Disney server issues.
The Disney Plus Error Code 83 usually appears when your device fails the DRM check. The DRM check is an actual test that Disney+ performs before allowing users to access its content. If your device fails this test, you will receive the Disney Plus 83 error.
Disney Plus is not compatible with every device, so check the device compatibility list before signing up for Disney+ with that device.
Disney+ compatible devices:
- Android Phones
- iOS Phones
- Apple TV (Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV)
- Plays Station (Watch Disney Plus on PS4)
- LG Smart TV
- Roku (Watch Disney Plus on Roku)
- Chromecast (Watch Disney Plus on Chromecast)
- Fire TV Stick (Watch Disney Plus on FireStick)
- Smart Tablets
- Windows 10 (Watch Disney Plus on Windows 10)
- Samsung Smart TV (Watch Disney Plus on Samsung Smart TV)
How to Fix Disney Plus Errors/Issues on Your Android, iOS Device, PC, TV & Tablets:
To fix Disney Plus errors and issues on your device, like Disney Plus on Kodi including Android/iOS phones, tablets, TVs, and PCs, try the following fixes.
- Check that you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- The cellular network is not always fast enough to provide a smooth and error-free streaming experience.
- Check that your internet connection is stable and fast enough to allow for seamless streaming.
- If you get any random Disney+ errors, try restarting your app or uninstalling and reinstalling it.
- Clear the cache of your device’s Disney Plus application. The ‘Clear Cache‘ option can be found in Settings > Applications > Disney+ on your phone. If you’re using Disney+ on a PC or laptop, try clearing your browser’s cache.
- Check to see if you’re using the most recent Disney+ app. If not, upgrade to the most current version for a better streaming experience.
How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working Error on Fire Stick 2023
Disney Plus not working on Firestick. Disney Plus Error 142 on Fire Stick is one of the unexpected Disney+ errors you could run into while watching Disney Plus, but you can fix it by using the fixes listed below.
- Might be possible that Disney Plus servers are down
- Turn off your Router and restart
- Check your internet connectivity
- Logout of your account and log in again
- Clear the Disney Plus cache memory
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 39 – Streaming via Xbox One issue
While watching Disney Plus, you may encounter the Disney+ (Error Code 39). You can fix the Disney Plus Error Code 39 and enjoy seamless streaming by following the steps below:
- Reload the video. This error might appear as a one-time occurrence, and it is easily remedied by refreshing or reloading the video.
- Continue to the next step if the problem persists after reloading.
- Make use of a different HDMI port. Switch the HDMI port to see if it works. If any of the ports is operational and provides a successful handshake, you can resume streaming, and the error code will be removed.
- Attempt to replace your HDMI cable.
- If you’re using an Xbox One (Watch Disney+ on Xbox), you could try restarting the Disney+ application or your Xbox.
- Switch to a different streaming device. Because this error is most commonly associated with an Xbox One, you can try a different streaming device to see if it works properly.
- If none of the above methods works, you can perform a factory reset on your Xbox One.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error 24 and 43 – Log in or connection issue
Error codes 24 and 43 are two similar error codes that cause us all grief. What should you do if you’re having trouble logging in or connecting? Disney Plus error 24 Apple TV can occur often with your Apple TV.
First, make sure your internet connection is working correctly. You should probably refer back to our wi-fi connection troubleshooting guide at the top of our blog.
If troubleshooting fails, try signing out and back into Disney+. If that doesn’t work, double-check your billing information. One of these solutions should resolve the issue.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error 73 – Location issue
If you’re getting Error 73, the first thing you should do is reboot your modem if you’re on a home network, or refresh your network connection by turning airplane mode on and off again if you’re on a mobile device.
If that doesn’t work, check to see if you’re browsing from another country via a VPN app or browser plugin. To try to diagnose your location problem, go through the following steps:
- Search the title on Disney Plus to see if it is available in your country.
- Reset your mobile network connection or Wi-Fi modem (wait for 30 to 60 seconds before reconnecting).
- Using an IP address lookup tool, determine where you are currently browsing from.
- Check your browser plugins and running apps if the results show you’re browsing from somewhere other than your current location.
- If you have a VPN running (for example, ExpressVPN, Surfshark, NordVPN), close it or reset your location settings.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 42 – Issue Connecting to Disney Plus Service
Error 42 indicates that there is a problem connecting to your Disney Plus service. That could be due to a server error on Disney’s end or a problem with your internet connection.
So here are some quick tips to fix this issue:
- Perform an internet speed test (anything above 5 Mbps should be enough to stream).
- Try logging out and back into Disney Plus on all devices (especially if you’ve shared your password).
- Remove the power supply from your modem and wait 5 minutes before reconnecting it.
- Consider unplugging bandwidth-intensive devices from your home Wi-Fi (e.g., video game consoles).
- If you’re streaming on a web browser, try clearing the cache.
- Check for a firmware update by logging into your Wi-Fi router’s settings.
- Change your DNS settings to OpenDNS, Cloudflare, or Google by logging into your wi-fi router settings.
Other Disney Plus Error Codes
In addition to the errors listed above, you may encounter the following while streaming Disney Plus:
- Error 4: This error is caused by a payment problem. It could happen if your credit card has expired or if your card is not from the same region as the Disney+ region you’re using.
- Error 9: Indicates a Disney plus login issue or payment problem.
- Error 11: This error appears if the content is not available in your region or if your VPN is not functioning correctly.
- Error 13: This error occurs when the device limit is reached.
- Errors 22, 35, and 36: These errors can occur if you attempt to access restricted content and your VPN fails.
- Error 25: An internal error can be resolved by refreshing the page, signing out and back in, or contacting customer support.
- Error 30: This indicates a problem with device registration.
- Error 31: A location problem usually occurs when your location services are turned off or your VPN is not working correctly.
- Error 32 and 87: Indicates a login problem, which you can resolve by double-checking your billing information or resetting your password.
- Error 38: It indicates a problem with your time settings; make sure your time settings are set to automatic.
- Error 41: Overload of traffic. It is a rare error that occurs when there are too many users attempting to watch a show simultaneously.
- Error 76: This error occurs when the server becomes overloaded.
- Error 86: This error occurs when your account is blocked or violates the service terms.
- Error 87: This error happens when you face any issue with your Login or password. You can sign out and log in again, check payment/billing details, and reset the password.
Fix Disney Plus Credit Card Issue:
You might have faced the issue regarding payment while subscribing to Disney Plus, and before processing the payment, you might have come across this error:
“We could not complete your payment request using the credit card information you supplied. Please re-enter your credit card information or use another form of payment.”
The solution to this error is to ensure that you have typed in the correct postal or ZIP code. Also, make sure that you have typed in the correct security code and other details. Carefully match your card’s expiration date with the one you have entered, and write the correct billing address.
After writing all the correct card and address details, you will easily bypass this Disney+ payment error.
Still Disney Plus Not Working? It could be down
While this is unusual, it is possible that Disney Plus not working because they are unavailable. You might want to check the DownDetector site to see if anyone else is experiencing issues.
It’s also possible that a problem with your home Internet service is causing the issue, in which case you should contact your service provider.
FAQs on Disney Plus Not Working
Here are some common queries that people may ask if their Disney Plus stops working:
Why is my Disney Plus Not Working?
There could be various causes and errors underlying this problem, the majority of which can be traced back to a slow internet connection or other account-related issues that can be resolved by reconnecting or logging back in.
How to Fix Disney Plus ‘Unable to Connect’ Error?
You can fix the error with the following quick troubleshooting ideas:
- Re-open the Disney Plus application and log in again.
- Log out of the streaming application and reboot the browser.
- Recheck your internet connection.
What should I do when Disney Plus not working?
Exit Disney+ entirely (and all other apps or programs running in the background on your streaming device). Then, try reopening Disney+. Switch off your device (and the modem and router, if applicable). Then, restart your device and reopen the Disney+ app.
How do I Fix my Disney Plus Not Working Error?
If the problem persists, try updating your Disney Plus app; if the problem persists, reinstall the app and log in again. Try to use a different device or restart your Wi-Fi connection.
Why isn’t the Disney Plus login button working?
If your Disney Plus login button becomes inoperable or grey, try the following solutions:
- Sign up first, then try logging in.
- Turn off all browser extensions.
- Disable your VPN client.
- Experiment with incognito mode.
- Clear the cache on your router.
- Switch to another network.
How do I fix the black screen on Disney Plus?
Make sure that no content filters, antivirus software, proxy accelerators, or pop-up blockers are running in order to fix the Disney Plus black screen. If you do, stop using these services and try again.
Why does my Disney Plus keep stopping and loading?
The majority of the time, this issue is caused by a flaw in your device or its operating system. It could, however, be due to faulty Disney Plus servers or a slow internet connection. In this guide, we’ll show you how to fix Disney Plus if it keeps freezing on your device.
Is Disney Plus not working on my TV?
It is possible that Disney Plus is not loading on TV due to an app problem. If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the Disney app. Or Disney Plus app updates may not work on TV due to overloaded data. In that case, clear your cache.
How do I reset Disney Plus on my TV?
If Disney Plus doesn’t work on your TV, you can try performing a power cycle, that’s how you do it:
- If you’re watching Disney+ on a device, turn it off.
- Disconnect your modem and router from the power source.
- Make sure you wait at least 30 seconds before restarting your modem, router, and streaming device.
- Try streaming again after opening Disney+.
Why is my Disney Plus stuck on the loading screen?
In most cases, Disney Plus Cache is out-of-date or corrupt, resulting in the app being stuck on the loading screen. There isn’t much you can do here; you can only clear your Android, iPhone, browser, or streaming device’s app cache and data.
How do I update Disney Plus app?
Here are the simple steps to update Disney Plus app on Apple or Android device:
To update Disney+ on an Apple device:
Open the App Store > Tap on your profile picture > Scroll down to find the Disney+ app > If an update is available, tap on the Update button next to the app.
To update Disney+ on an Android device:
Open the Google Play Store > Tap on the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) > Select My apps & games > Scroll down to find the Disney+ app > Tap on the Update button next to the app.
Which devices does Dinsey Plus support?
You can watch Disney Plus on almost any smart device. There are a number of platforms that are supported, including Android, iOS, web browsers, Windows, Android TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, PlayStation, Xbox, and others. For more information, see the complete list of Disney Plus-supported devices.
Why is my Disney Plus login button not working?
You may not be able to log in to Disney Plus in USA due to an ad blocker installed on your computer or laptop. To fix the problem, simply disable the extensions and try again.
Why am I not able to screen mirror Disney Plus in USA?
You may not have been able to mirror-screen Disney due to internet connectivity issues. The first thing you should do is reboot your Wi-Fi device in order to see if there are any connection issues. Next, check your operating system for updates.
How do I fix my Disney Plus?
If the problem continues after updating your Disney + app, try reinstalling it and logging in again. Use a different device if possible, or simply reset your WIFI connection.
How do I clear Disney Plus cache?
Follow these simple steps to clear the Disney Plus cache:
Go to Home screen > Settings > Click Apps then Disney Plus > Storage then Click on both clear cache and Data.
Why is Disney Plus not working on my iPhone?
If you are unable to use the Disney+ app on your iPhone or iPad, there may be several reasons for this. Some of the most common causes are poor server connections, outdated software, unsuitable hardware, and poor internet connections.
Disney Plus is one of the most popular on-demand movie streaming services. Most of the time, the issue of Disney Plus not working is caused by a problem with Disney Plus servers, a slow network connection, and a if you’re using a VPN then this might be the issue, so always use a trusted VPN with strong servers like ExpressVPN.
Troubleshooting can be complex, especially if you don’t have the correct information. That’s why I have tried to compile the best fixes to help you get the solution to your problem.
But still, If you come across an error that we haven’t covered in this guide or discover a solution that we haven’t yet encountered in this article. Your queries and suggestions are more than welcome. Kindly let us know in the comments below.
People Also Read: