Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Want to watch Disney Plus on PS4? Well, that is quite a technical thing to do but we have made it easy for you in this blog.
Disney Plus may be the new kid on the block when it comes to streaming services, but there are lots of wonderful movies and TV episodes for kids and adults alike. Now that Disney Plus is out, we’ll all want to watch our favorite Disney series and movies in the most convenient way imaginable.
For many gamers, this is settling in on the couch, turning on the television, and turning on the PS4. What’s the good news? It’s quite simple to watch Disney Plus on your PS4.
Disney Plus is a great mine of entertainment material, whether you’re a die-hard Marvel Cinematic Universe fan or prefer to explore the real world with National Geographic. We’ll show you how to get Disney Plus on your PS4. So, keep reading to find out!
How to Watch Disney Plus on PS4 [Quick Guide in 2021]
Follow these simple steps to watch Disney Plus on PS4 where Disney Plus is legally accessible for streaming
- Start your PlayStation 4 and go to the PlayStation App Store.
- In the search bar, type Disney+. Select Disney+ from the drop-down menu.
- Activate the download button.
- Sign up or log in to the app after it has been opened.
- Now you can start streaming your favorite Disney Plus content on PS4!
How to Watch Disney Plus on PS4 in Unsupported Countries
Only a reliable VPN service can allow you to stream Disney Plus in a geo-restricted country. Follow the below steps to get Disney Plus in an unsupported country
- Download and subscribe to a credible VPN (I highly recommend ExpressVPN because it is the best Disney Plus VPN).
- Now, on your PS4 device, open the VPN software and sign in with your account credentials.
- Select the USA server from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the PlayStation App Store.
- Once you’ve connected to the US server and type “Disney+” into the search bar.
- Click on the download button.
- Sign up or log in to the app after it has been installed.
- Now you can start streaming your favorite Disney Plus content on PS4 in unsupported country.
How Does a VPN Allow You to Access Disney Plus from Anywhere on Your PS4?
A VPN covers your IP address, allowing you to stream Disney Plus on PS4 in a geo-restricted country. To elaborate, Disney+ employs an IP monitoring system to restrict all users who attempt to access the service from a country that is not supported. In other words, if you live in a geo-restricted location, the internet service you are using contains your local IP address, which can be blocked.
A VPN will mask your local IP address and substitute it with one from a country where the service is offered, such as the United States. As a result, a VPN fools Disney Plus’s IP tracking system into thinking you’re in the United States, allowing you to watch Disney Plus on PS4.
To bypass severe geo-restrictions by Disney Plus, you’ll need to subscribe to a credible VPN. Only the best will be able to break through, so take a look at the three best Disney Plus VPNs.
Best VPNs in 2021 To Watch Disney Plus on PS4 in Geo-restricted Countries
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Disney Plus on PS4 from an unsupported region
The best VPN for getting Disney Plus on PS4 is ExpressVPN. Its uniquely strong capabilities enable users to circumvent the site’s restrictions and stream Disney+ on PS4 with ease. It can bring you Disney+ from every region that has access to the service, with over 3000 servers in 90 countries. It features a MediaStreamer service that provides VPN services on devices without a VPN app and allows you to stream Disney Plus on platforms including the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, Roku, and Xbox.
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Watch Disney Plus on PS4 from geo-restricted region
The second-best option is Surfshark, which is the most cost-effective VPN for Disney Plus on PS4 and PS5. It, too, can get around Disney+’s geo-restrictions and allow you to view your favorite episodes from anywhere in the world. It has over 3200 servers in over 60 locations, and you can use SmartDNS to connect to Surfshark on your PlayStation, which otherwise lacks a true VPN client. Furthermore, it provides an unlimited number of simultaneous connections per account at an extremely low cost.
NordVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch Disney Plus on Samsung Smart TV from anywhere
has a well-designed app that includes a stream mode to improve your streaming experience. It has more than 5400 servers in 50 different locations, allowing you to stream Disney+ from anywhere at any time. NordVPN also has a MediaStreamer service that allows you to connect to the VPN on devices that don’t have an inbuilt VPN software, such as the PS4 gaming console.
Why a VPN is Needed to Watch Disney Plus on PS4 in Geo-restricted Countries?
Disney+ is available in a limited number of countries in the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Far East, and Oceania. That’s why watching Disney Plus in Mexico (American region), streaming Disney+ in Denmark (European region), watching Disney Plus in Thailand (Asian region), and watching Black Widow on Disney+ Australia will not be a problem now that the streaming service has been officially released.
So, you try to access Disney+ on your PS4 from a country other than the ones listed above, you’ll get the following geo-restriction error
“Disney+ is not available in your country.”
To do so, you must change your IP address to one from a country where Disney+ Plus is available. This process demands the use of a high-quality VPN.
How Do I Update Disney Plus on PS4? [4 Easy Steps]
To upgrade Disney+ on PS4, follow these simple steps.
- Log into your PS4 account and go to the Disney+ section of your home screen.
- Select/highlight the Disney+ App with the help of your controller.
- A menu will appear when you click “options.” Press the “O” or “X” button on your controller to go to the “check for update” option.
- Once the update is complete, a notification will appear on your screen. Return to the main screen of your profile and open the Disney+ app.
Is Disney Plus available on PS4 yet?
If you have a PlayStation 4, you’ll be happy to learn that you can watch Disney Plus. However, if you own a PS3, Disney Plus is currently unavailable on your console, and this is unlikely to change in the near future. Fortunately, PS4 owners will find the installation process to be fairly simple. So even if you’re a parent who wants to surprise your kids with a Disney Plus subscription but has never used a PS4, you’ll have no trouble.
How much does Disney Plus cost on PS4?
On PS4, you can get the Disney Plus app for free. You will not be able to stream Disney+ material if you simply download it. To watch your favorite movies or TV series on PS4, you must subscribe to Disney Plus. From the official Disney Plus website, a monthly Disney+ subscription costs $7.99 per month, and an annual subscription cost $79.99 per year.
What If Disney Plus Is Not Working on Your PS4?
Quick fixes if you’re having problems with your Disney Plus app on your PS4 game console:
- Check your connection to the internet.
- Checks for recent updates to the app.
- Reinstall the Disney Plus app.
- Reboot your game console.
What PlayStation models are Disney Plus compatible with?
The following PlayStation models are compatible with Disney Plus:
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 4 Pro
- PlayStation 4 Slim
- PlayStation 5
Any other devices support Disney Plus aside from the PlayStation 4?
Aside from the PS4, the following devices are compatible with Disney Plus:
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Amazon Firestick
- iPhones, Apple TVs & iPad
- Web browsers of laptops, desktops, and Mac
What Other Streaming Services Does PS4 Support?
Long gone are the days when gaming consoles like the PS4 were simply used to play video games. You can now use your PS4 to watch a variety of your favorite shows or movies via a variety of streaming services like:
- HBO Max
- BBC iPlayer
What to watch on Disney Plus on your PS4?
With Disney Plus on PS4, you can view all of Disney’s wonderful stuff, and there’s a lot of it. You can, for example, watch Wandavision, a hugely popular new TV show that is sure to please Marvel fans. Fans of science fiction can also see all of the Star Wars films as well as the critically acclaimed The Mandolorian. You can also choose from its variety of content lists.
- Exclusive Disney Plus movies
- Disney Plus Animated films
- Disney Plus Animated series
- Disney Plus Live-action movies
- Disney Plus TV movies
- Disney Plus Live-action series
- Star Wars movies and series
- Marvel movies and series
- Disney Plus Pixar movies
Best Disney Plus Movies and Shows
- Thor Ragnarok
- Lady and the Tramp
- Jungle Cruise
- Black Widow (Premiered September 2021)
- Turner & Hooch (September 2021 release)
- Raya and the Last Dragon
- Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- High School Musical
- Disney Gravity Fails
- The Simpsons
- The Mandalorian
- That’s so Raven
- Marvel Runaways
- In the app, sign in to your Disney+ account.
- Under your profile icon, go to “Accounts.”
- Select an “Active Subscription Plan.”
- A new pop-up will appear if you select “Cancel Subscription.”
- It’s done when you click “Complete Cancellation.”
By following the five simple steps outlined above, you can watch Disney Plus on PS4. However, if you live in a country where Disney+ is geo-restricted, you can still watch Disney Plus by using a reliable VPN. ExpressVPN is my top recommendation because it provides buffer-free, speedy streaming.
I hope you enjoyed reading about ways how to watch Disney Plus on PS4. So, if you have some queries in mind then feel free to post them over the platform because I would love to answer your queries asap!