Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
ESPN Plus features live sports from the NHL, MLS, Serie A, FA Cup, EFL, and MLB. Live Grand Slam Tennis from Wimbledon, Australian US Open Tennis, and UFC Fight Tonight will keep you entertained. Unfortunately, if you are one of the sports lover living in Australia then you will need a VPN to watch ESPN Plus in Australia.
Follow the steps to watch ESPN Plus in Australia with any hurdle:
How to Watch ESPN Plus in Australia [Quick Guide in 2022]
To watch ESPN+ in Australia, simply follow these 5 simple steps:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Login to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a USA server from the servers list.
- Now, access ESPN Plus service and start streaming your favorite sports.
Why Do You Need a VPN in Australia to Watch ESPN?
ESPN is an American OTT streaming service that offers a wide range of sports content. Because of geo-restrictions, anyone residing or traveling outside the United States is unable to access ESPN Plus. To access any geo-restricted stream or service, the best way is to use a VPN provider. Whenever you try to watch ESPN Plus in Australia without a VPN, you will get the following geo-restricted message:
ESPN Plus isn’t available in your country due to content rights issues.
A VPN masks your IP and DNS and makes you undetectable for the host server. Since ESPN determines your location based on your IP address, a VPN simply exists to change this. When you press the connect button, a session is established between the US server and you and one between the server and ESPN. This is how your IP address is masked (you are now the VPN server), and ESPN lets you in because whatever you do is passed off to ESPN+ as if it were the VPN server.
Top 3 VPNs Watch ESPN Plus in Australia [Quick Overview in Mar 2022]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 3 Best VPNs to watch ESPN Plus in Australia:
ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 25 highly optimized server locations in USA, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch ESPN Plus from anywhere. Its price offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and high-end encryption.
Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch ESPN Plus in Australia or from anywhere in the world that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
NordVPN: This one is reliable with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well 15 highly optimized servers in USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Best VPN Services in Australia to Watch ESPN Plus in 2022
Based on several important factors, we’ve compiled a list of the Best VPNs to Watch ESPN+ in Australia:
ExpressVPN – Top Recommended VPN to Watch ESPN Plus in Australia
- ExpressVPN is the best VPN for watching ESPN+ in Australia. It provides 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including 130+ fast US servers for easy access to the ESPN app.
- It is compatible with nearly all of the internet TV providers required to sign up for the ESPN app without US cable.
- It works with all major streaming devices and operating systems, including Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- This service assures that your activities remain secret at all times using 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and complete forward secrecy.
- Furthermore, ExpressVPN does not maintain any activity or connection logs, so even if compelled by a third party, they would not be able to divulge your activities.
- Its single plan allows for five simultaneous device connections and includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Customer service is available by email or live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas
Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to access ESPN Plus Australia
- This service provider offers a low-cost way to unblock ESPN in Australia. It provides the best streaming servers that enable ESPN to be streamed in HD indefinitely.
- It has dedicated apps for almost every streaming device that allows you to watch ESPN.
- Being the only VPN provider that provides unlimited device connections on a single account and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Its CleanWeb feature prevents you from seeing unwanted adverts.
- Your data will be secure thanks to the MultiHop double VPN system and 256-bit AES encryption.
Recommended Servers: NewYork, Chicago, and Detroit
NordVPN – All Rounder VPN to Stream ESPN+ Australia
- This reputable, dependable, and powerful VPN works flawlessly to unblock ESPN for viewers in Australia.
- The strong and massive 1900+ US servers allow you to circumvent the ESPN firewall and watch its content in Australia.
- NordVPN provides dedicated connections for every major streaming device and allows up to six simultaneous device connections on a single connection with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- This VPN is built to support complex security configurations. By default, it uses 256-bit AES encryption, but you can additionally enable a kill switch, automatic ad filtering, malware monitoring, Tor over VPN, and double
- NordVPN accepts Bitcoin as payment and keeps no logs of personally identifiable information, allowing you to anonymously sign up and browse the internet.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami
Can I watch ESPN Plus in Australia using a free VPN?
Unfortunately, NO! There is a 9/10 chance that you will not receive a free VPN that allows you to access ESPN+ in Australia. What is the reason for this? Free VPN servers have no incentive to ensure that their masking works, this is how a VPN works, and simply allows you to access ESPN.
Overall, free VPN providers are incapable of bypassing geo-restrictions, they cannot unblock ESPN Plus in Australia.
How to Subscribe and Create an ESPN+ Account in Australia
To sign up for an ESPN+ account in Australia, follow these steps:
- Get a high-quality VPN (I highly recommend ExpressVPN)
- Go to the official ESPN website or download the ESPN app on your device and sign up with an email address.
- Connect to ExpressVPN’s US server.
- Go to ESPN and sign up for an internet TV service.
- Click ESPN+ or go to espn.com/espnplus to purchase a subscription for $5.99 (7.91 UDS) per month.
How Much Does ESPN+ Cost in Australia, and Where Can I Register?
ESPN is a part of the Walt Disney Company and this is one of the reasons that it is available at a cheap price. A monthly subscription to ESPN costs $5.99.
ESPN+ is an upgraded version of ESPN and it costs $6.99/month. However, if you subscribe to an annual package of ESPN Plus in Australia you can save up to 15%. As the annual plan of ESPN Plus is available at $69.99/year.
Get ESPN+ with Hulu & Disney+ Bundle
Streamers can get a great deal from Disney. Instead of paying $5.99 for ESPN+, you can use the bundle deal to get ESPN plus + Hulu + Disney plus for just $12.99 per month.
So. if you live outside of the United States, you can use a VPN to access Hulu. All you have to do is connect to a VPN server in the United States, and the platform will be unblocked in no time!
How to Watch ESPN Without Cable in Australia?
As we all know, ESPN is only available through the app and requires a US cable subscription. If you’re watching from Australia, you won’t want to pay for a US cable subscription just to watch ESPN+ in Australia. However, you can access the ESPN app through other internet TV providers/streaming services, which are far superior to cable subscriptions in terms of channel selection and cost.
Below are 7 streaming services in Australia where you can watch ESPN without cable:
- YouTube TV
- Sling TV
- Fubo TV
- Live TV on Hulu
- AT&T TV
- Film TV
Note: If you want to purchase a subscription to any of these streaming services, you must have a VPN connection to the US server.
What the Difference between ESPN+, ESPN App, and ESPN is?
ESPN, ESPN App, and ESPN+ are different from one another, as is the regular channel.
ESPN is an abbreviation for “Entertainment and Sports Programming Network“. It sells its content to cable TV networks all over the world, and it has the best sports available to watch. Without a cable TV subscription, the regular channel is not available on its own.
The official ESPN app, formerly known as Watch ESPN, streams thousands of live sports events and shows. The ESPN app is the channel’s official free website/app where you can stream and watch free clips and short videos. And if you have a cable TV subscription with the ESPN channel, you can enter your account information and access those channels from here, just like you would from your cable TV.
ESPN+ is a low-cost add-on to the free version of the app that allows you to watch live streaming sporting events that aren’t available on regular ESPN. It is not an app, but rather a subscription that provides access to exclusive sports events that are not available on traditional cable TV channels. The addition of ESPN+ Originals, 30 for 30 documentaries, and access to exclusive PPV events (separate prices) is quite impressive for a sports-focused service that costs only $4.99 per month.
Compatible Devices to watch ESPN+ in Australia
Following are the devices that are compatible to watch ESPN Plus in Australia:
- Android (Phone & Tablet)
- Android TV
- IOS (iPhone & iPad)
- Apple TV
- Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S
- PS4 & PS5
- Amazon Fire TV & Tablet
- Samsung Smart TV
- Linux, Windows, and Mac computers
Now let’s find out how you can get ESPN+ on different devices in Australia.
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for ESPN+ in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, ESPN+ is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for ESPN+ in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Firestick Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download ESPN+ on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to US server.
- Enter the word ‘ESPN+’ and press enter.
- The ‘Telemundo app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the ESPN+ app has been installed, open it.
- Open the ESPN+ app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching ESPN+ on Firestick in Australia.
For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with Telemundo. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the ESPN+ add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the ESPN+ website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching ESPN+, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
For Apple TV, Roku, Smart TV, and Gaming Consoles Users
To access ESPN+ on devices such as Apple TV, Roku, Smart TVs without Android operating systems, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox X series, you must first configure a VPN on your router. The most difficult thing to do in Australia is to watch ESPN+ on these devices.
This is why, rather than configuring a VPN on your router, we recommend using a Firestick or Chromecast to watch ESPN+ in Australia on large screens.
What Sports Can I Stream on ESPN?
ESPN+ has a plethora of great sports shows and content that you can now watch from Canada. Here is a list of the content available on ESPN and ESPN+
- NFL (Live)
- MLB (Live)
- MLS (Live)
- UFC including main events (PPV)
- PGA Golf
- College Football
- NFL Insiders
- Full replays of NBA historic games
- Major League Baseball
- Complete replays of NBA historic game
- NBA G League
- NFL Primetime
- NFL (live)
Can I watch ESPN Plus in Australia?
Yes, you can watch ESPN in Australia with a premium VPN.
Can I watch ESPN Plus in Australia with a cable subscription?
If you want to watch standard ESPN in Australia, you’ll need a BT Sport cable TV subscription. The Australian edition differs slightly from the US version and will not have nearly as much stuff.
Why is ESPN+ in Australia requesting a TV provider?
Live ESPN channels will continue to require a paid TV subscription, whether from cable, satellite, or a live TV streaming service. The app acts as a gatekeeper to enable live viewing by requiring users to sign in with their TV provider account.
Is ESPN available on Amazon Prime?
Yes, if you have a cable subscription, you can watch any ESPN channel, as well as the Longhorn Channel and the SEC Channels.
How do you watch ESPN online?
You can watch ESPN online by downloading the official ESPN app.
ESPN+ is one of the greatest and most affordable channel to watch live sports on the internet. For $5.99 per month, you have access to some of the best football, college sports, the UFC, MLB, and a variety of other sports and leagues. What is the problem? ESPN+ is not available in Australia. At least not without following the steps outlined in this tutorial. So, subscribe to a premium VPN like, ExpressVPN, Surfshark, or NordVPN and you are good to go!