Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can you watch ESPN Plus in Australia? No, you cannot watch ESPN Plus in Australia unless you use a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Does ESPN+ work in Australia? No, ESPN Plus doesn’t work in Australia because of the content regulation. However, you can watch ESPN Plus in Australia with a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Keep reading to learn how to get around ESPN’s geo-restriction in Australia with the best VPN services.
How to Watch ESPN Plus in Australia [Quick Guide June 2023]
Is ESPN Plus available in Australia? No, ESPN Plus is not available in Australia because of legal compliances. However, there’s a workaround. Follow these steps to watch ESPN Plus in Australia:
- Sign up for a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has optimized US servers and the best VPN deals.
- Download and Install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device.
- Sign in with your credentials.
- Connect to a USA server. We recommend the New York server.
- Now, access the ESPN Plus service and start streaming your favorite sports.
Why Do You Need a VPN in Australia to Watch ESPN?
You will need a VPN because ESPN Plus is geo-restricted in Australia. A premium and reliable VPN such as ExpressVPN is the only way to bypass the block and get ESPN Plus in Australia.
VPNs help you access streaming platforms, movies, and shows unavailable in your home country. It masks your IP address and assigns you a new one located in a different country.
If you try to access ESPN Plus in Australia, you will be redirected to the following error:
Can you get around the ESPN geo-restriction error in Australia? You can get around the ESPN geo-restriction error with a premium VPN. It masks your IP and DNS and makes you undetectable to the host server. Since ESPN determines your location based on your IP address, a VPN exists to change this.
When you press the connect button, a session is established between the US server and you and one between the server and ESPN. The most recommended VPN to bypass ESPN’s geo-blocks is ExpressVPN because it has incredible unblocking capabilities.
Top 5 VPNs to Watch ESPN Plus in Australia [Quick Overview in Jun 2023]
Following is the quick overview of the best ESPN Plus VPNs:
- ExpressVPN: With high-speed and next-generation servers in 94 countries, ExpressVPN is the best VPN you can use to watch ESPN Plus in Australia. You can get 3 extra months free of ExpressVPN with a yearly subscription. That’s 15 months for the price of 12 – a 49% saving. You also get a full 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try ExpressVPN risk-free.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in the USA, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, highly secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable, with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well as 15 highly optimized servers in the USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription of $3.71 a month and a 2-year plan of 72% off + 3 months FREE, along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch ESPN Plus in Australia or from anywhere in the world. That offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in the USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3 years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Create an ESPN+ Account in Australia?
To sign up for an ESPN+ account in Australia, follow these steps:
- Get a high-quality VPN (We highly recommend ExpressVPN.)
- Go to the official ESPN website, download the ESPN app on your device, and sign up with an email address.
- Connect to ExpressVPN’s US server. We recommend the Dallas server.
- Go to ESPN and sign up for an internet TV service.
- Click ESPN+ or espn.com/espnplus to purchase a monthly subscription.
5 Best VPNs to Watch ESPN Plus in Australia [Detailed Analysis June 2023]
Is ESPN Plus available internationally? No, ESPN Plus is not available internationally because of the geo-restriction. However, if you want to watch ESPN Plus in Australia, you must use a premium VPN. After testing 40+ VPNs, we have highlighted the best VPNs below:
ExpressVPN – Top Recommended VPN to Watch ESPN Plus in Australia
- ExpressVPN is the best VPN for watching ESPN+ in Australia. It provides 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including 130+ fast US servers for easy access to the ESPN app.
- It is compatible with nearly all of the internet TV providers required to sign up for the ESPN app without US cable.
- It works with all major streaming devices and operating systems, including Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- This service assures that your activities remain secret at all times using 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and complete forward secrecy.
- Furthermore, ExpressVPN does not maintain any activity or connection logs, so even if compelled by a third party, they would not be able to divulge your activities.
- Its single plan allows for five simultaneous device connections and includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Customer service is available by email or live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Is ESPN available outside USA? You can Easily Unblock ESPN Plus in Canada. Also, Can I Get ESPN Plus in UK, with ExpressVPN you can access all the restricted sites.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas
You can Watch these Streaming Services via ExpressVPN:
- Can I Get Frndly TV in Australia?
- Can You Watch TG4 in Australia?
- How Can I Get Sling TV in Australia?
- Does ThreeNow work in Australia?
- Is American Netflix available in Australia?
- Can I Unblock HBO Max in Australia?
- How Can I Stream Disney+ Hotstar in Australia?
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access ESPN Plus in Australia
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols, such as a kill switch feature and split tunneling, ensuring you completely protect your data.
- The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast.
- Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States. Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost, you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all viruses.
- CyberGhost provides 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years, but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
Recommended Servers: Orlando, Chicago, and Las Vegas.
NordVPN – All-Rounder VPN to Stream ESPN+ Australia
- This reputable, dependable, and powerful VPN works flawlessly to unblock ESPN for viewers in Australia.
- The solid and massive 1900+ US servers allow you to circumvent the ESPN firewall and watch its content in Australia.
- NordVPN provides dedicated connections for every major streaming device and allows up to six simultaneous device connections on a single connection with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- This VPN is built to support complex security configurations. By default, it uses 256-bit AES encryption, but you can additionally enable a kill switch, automatic ad filtering, malware monitoring, Tor over VPN, and double.
- NordVPN accepts Bitcoin as payment and keeps no logs of personally identifiable information, allowing you to sign up anonymously and browse the internet.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami
Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to access ESPN Plus Australia
- This service provider offers a low-cost way to unblock ESPN in Australia. It provides the best streaming servers that enable ESPN to be streamed in HD indefinitely.
- It has dedicated apps for almost every streaming device, allowing you to watch ESPN.
- Being the only VPN provider that provides unlimited device connections on a single account and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Its CleanWeb feature prevents you from seeing unwanted adverts.
- Your data will be secure thanks to the MultiHop double VPN system and 256-bit AES encryption.
Recommended Servers: NewYork, Chicago, and Detroit
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to stream ESPN Plus in Australia
AtlasVPN is a fast and affordable VPN that can be used to access various streaming services. It is a safe, high-performance VPN that provides access to all main zones. All of it is for $1.99 a month, which is a steal deal for anyone.
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers worldwide with fast connections, allowing you to choose your location with a single click.
Moreover, its desktop clients are robust and dependable, with AES-256 encryption and various protocols, an ad blocker, a kill switch, and other features.
Additionally, its smartphone apps are easy to use with unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to protect as many devices as you like, whether 10 or 100.
Recommended Servers: Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York.
Can I watch ESPN Plus in Australia using a free VPN?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to watch ESPN Plus in Australia. However, it is not recommended to use a free VPN to watch ESPN+ in Australia. Free VPNs are incapable of bypassing ESPN’s geo-restriction.
Moreover, free VPN increases the threat of identity and data theft. It collects your data and sells it to third parties for profit. ESPN+ employs highly effective anti-VPN software to unmask and blacklist IP addresses that arrive through free VPN servers.
Therefore, it is recommended to watch ESPN Plus in Australia with a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
How to subscribe to ESPN+ in Australia?
You can subscribe to ESPN+ in Australia with the following methods:
- Through US Credit Card
- Via Virtual Card
- With Google Gift Card
- With Apple Gift Card
Method #1: How can I Pay for ESPN+ using a US-based credit/debit card?
Using a credit or debit card that was issued in the US and got from friends or family members who reside in the US is a convenient method to subscribe to ESPN+ in Australia.
Follow these easy steps to subscribe to ESPN Plus Australia using your friend/relative’s credit card:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN (we recommend ExpressVPN)
- Connect with the server in the US.
- Visit ESPN’s official website or download and install the app on your device.
- Tap on the signup button.
- Choose the ESPN Plus subscription package that is suitable for you.
- Add all the information required for the payment method, and enter the US-based credit card details or PayPal.
- After completing the payment details, tap ‘Buy ESPN+’ and complete the payment process.
- Start ESPN+ streaming in Australia.
Method #2: How to Subscribe to ESPN+ with a Gift Card?
You can Get ESPN+ in Australia via a gift card. However, you first need a VPN subscription to access its website.
Follow these easy steps to subscribe to ESPN+ Australia by using a gift card:
- Get a premium VPN like ExpressVPN and connect to the US server.
- Visit the ESPN+ gift subscription site and buy its 1-year gift card for AU$100.
- Enter the details of the dispatcher and the receiver. You can also pay for this gift card using a US-based credit card or any PayPal account.
- Once the transaction process is completed, you will receive an email with all the gift card details.
- Check the email, and click “Redeem your subscription.”
- Follow the given instructions to complete redeeming your gift.
- You can now Stream live sports on ESPN+ in Australia.
Method #3: How do I Pay for ESPN Plus through Google Gift Cards?
Luckily, you can avail of the in-app purchase on ESPN+ on the Android app. If you don’t have the US payment method, you can easily subscribe to ESPN+ directly from the Android app via a Google Play gift card.
Here are the steps to pay for ESPN Plus Australia with the help of Google Play:
- Get a VPN (we recommend ExpressVPN) and connect to the US server.
- Make a new Google account with your area set to the USA.
- Visit the Google Play Store, log in, and download the ESPN+ app.
- Before further processing, you must add money to your Google account through a Google Play gift. You can buy it from Amazon.
- Once you’ve enough money in your account, start the ESPN+ app and tap “Subscribe.”
- Choose your preferred plan and continue with the transaction using your Google Play funds.
- Here you Go! Start streaming ESPN+ Australia.
Method #4: How can I Subscribe to ESPN+ via your Apple Gift Cards?
Here is another easy and quick payment method. Apple users may easily subscribe to ESPN+ in Australia by using their iTunes account or any other iOS-supported payment method now that ESPN+ supports in-app payments.
Here is a step-by-step guide to signing up for ESPN+ Australia using your Apple account:
- Get ExpressVPN and connect it to the US server.
- From your iPhone, First, go to Settings > Click on your profile > Media and Purchases, then change your country or region and choose the US as your new country/region.
- Check the Terms and Conditions and visit the App Store.
- Log out from your current account and again log in to get the US App Store.
- Before further proceeding, Buy an Apple Gift card from Amazon.
- Once your Apple account has sufficient funds, download the ESPN+ app and tap on “Subscribe Now.”
- Pick any suitable package and start the transaction.
- All set! You can now enjoy ESPN Plus Australia.
Note: To use any of these methods, you must have a US IP address; therefore, Get ExpressVPN. Additionally, ESPN+ has two pricing packages; make sure to choose the one that suits you.
How much is ESPN+ in Australia?
Following is the ESPN+ price in Australia:
|ESPN+ Monthly Subscription||ESPN+ Yearly Subscription||ESPN+, Disney+, and Hulu Bundle|
|Price in US Dollars||USD 9.99/mo||USD 99.99/yr||USD 12.99/mo|
|Price in Australian Dollars||AUD 15.11/mo||AUD 151.25/yr||AUD 19.65/mo|
Note: The prices are subject to change per the international exchange rates. Moreover, there’s no official free trial available on the ESPN Plus subscription. You can either purchase the yearly subscription or Disney+ Bundle where an ESPN+ subscription is almost free.
How to Get Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ Bundle?
Follow these steps to get Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ Bundle:
- Get a reliable VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download the ExpressVPN application on your device.
- Sign in with your credentials and connect to a secure US server. We recommend the Dallas server.
- Navigate to the ESPN+ website and select “Get the Disney+ Bundle.” It costs USD 12.99/mo (AUD 19.65).
- Sign up for an account and pay for your subscription plan.
- Activate your Disney Plus account with the email confirmation.
- Complete the on-screen process to finish the sign-up.
- Download the ESPN app on your device and sign in with your credentials.
- Congratulations, now you can watch Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ with the bundle.
How to Watch ESPN Without Cable in Australia?
As we all know, ESPN is only available through the app and requires a US cable subscription. You won’t want to pay for a US cable subscription to watch ESPN+ in Australia if you’re watching from Australia. However, you can access the ESPN app through other Internet TV providers/streaming services, which are far superior to cable subscriptions in channel selection and cost.
Below are 7 streaming services in Australia where you can watch ESPN without cable:
- YouTube TV
- Sling TV
- Fubo TV
- Live TV on Hulu
- AT&T TV
- Film TV
Note: If you want to purchase a subscription to these streaming services, you must have a VPN connection to the US server.
What is the Difference between ESPN+, ESPN App, and ESPN?
ESPN, ESPN App, and ESPN+ are different, as is the regular channel.
ESPN is an abbreviation for “Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.” It sells its content to cable TV networks worldwide, and it has the best sports available to watch. Without a cable TV subscription, the regular channel is not available.
The official ESPN app, formerly known as Watch ESPN, streams thousands of live sports events and shows. The ESPN app is the channel’s official free website/app to stream and watch free clips and short videos. And if you have a cable TV subscription to the ESPN channel, you can enter your account information and access those channels from here, just like you would from your cable TV.
ESPN+ is a low-cost add-on to the free version of the app that allows you to watch live-streaming sporting events that aren’t available on regular ESPN. It is not an app but rather a subscription that provides access to exclusive sports events unavailable on traditional cable TV channels.
The addition of ESPN+ Originals, 30 for 30 documentaries, and access to exclusive PPV events (separate prices) is impressive for a sports-focused service that costs only $4.99 monthly.
Compatible Devices to watch ESPN+ in Australia
Following are the devices that are compatible with watching ESPN Plus in Australia:
- Android (Phone & Tablet)
- Android TV
- IOS (iPhone & iPad)
- Apple TV
- Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S
- PS4 & PS5
- Amazon Fire TV & Tablet
- Samsung Smart TV
- Linux, Windows, and Mac computers
How can I download ESPN Plus in Australia on Android Devices?
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for ESPN+ in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, ESPN+ is now available on your Android device.
How can you download ESPN Plus in Australia on iOS Devices?
- Change your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for ESPN+ in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to stream your favorite shows.
How can I Watch ESPN Plus in Australia on Firestick?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download ESPN+ on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to the US server.
- Enter the word ‘ESPN+’ and press enter.
- The ‘Telemundo app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the ESPN+ app has been installed, open it.
- Open the ESPN+ app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching ESPN+ on Firestick in Australia
How can you Get ESPN Plus in Australia on Kodi?
- Install a VPN that is compatible with ESPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the ESPN+ add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How can you Watch ESPN Plus in Australia on a PC
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the ESPN+ website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching ESPN+, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
How can you get ESPN Plus in Australia on Roku?
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to the US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select ESPN Plus on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How Can I get ESPN Plus in Australia on PS3/PS4?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download ESPN Pluson PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “ESPN Plus.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- ESPN Plus has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to download ESPN Plus in Australia on Xbox?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download ESPN Plus on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “ESPN Plus” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Click the “Install” button.
How Can I stream ESPN Plus in Australia on Apple TV?
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the ESPN Plus app, and you are done.
How to download ESPN Plus in Australia on Smart TV?
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the ESPN Plus app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
How can I watch ESPN Plus in Australia on a PC?
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the ESPN Plus website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching ESPN Plus, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What Sports Can I Stream on ESPN?
ESPN+ has a plethora of great sports shows and content that you can now watch from Australia. Here is a list of the content available on ESPN and ESPN+.
- NFL (Live)
- MLB (Live)
- MLS (Live)
- UFC, including main events (PPV)
- PGA Golf
- College Football
- NFL Insiders
- Full replays of NBA historic games
- Major League Baseball
- Complete replays of NBA historic game
- NBA G League
- NFL Primetime
- NFL (live)
FAQs on ESPN Australia
Can I watch ESPN Plus in Australia?
Yes, you can watch ESPN in Australia with a premium VPN.
Can I watch ESPN Plus in Australia with a cable subscription?
If you want to watch standard ESPN in Australia, you’ll need a BT Sports cable TV subscription. The Australian edition differs slightly from the US version and will not have nearly as much stuff.
Does ESPN Plus work in Australia?
No, ESPN Plus doesn’t work in Australia as it is only available in the USA, so you need to subscribe to a reliable VPN to access ESPN Plus in Australia.
Is ESPN Plus on Disney Plus in Australia?
Can you watch ESPN on Disney Plus in Australia? Yes, if you have subscribed to Disney Bundle, and also if you are asking about How much does it cost? So just by paying AU$ 19.86 /mo (US$ 12.99 /mo), you can add ESPN to Disney Plus in Australia.
Why is ESPN+ not working in Australia?
ESPN+ might not work in Australia because of the vulnerable connection, outdated app and geo-restriction. However, you can fix this by:
- Update your ESPN+ and VPN application.
- Clear the cache and delete the history.
- Power reboot the ESPN+ application.
- Get a premium VPN.
Is ESPN Plus on Kayo?
Yes, Kayo has joined some of the leading sports broadcasters in Australia, like Fox Sports, ESPN, and beIN Sports, to bring the best sports to its subscribers.
Why is ESPN+ in Australia requesting a TV provider?
Live ESPN channels will continue to require a paid TV subscription, whether from cable, satellite, or a live TV streaming service. The app acts as a gatekeeper to enable live viewing by requiring users to sign in with their TV provider account.
Can I watch ESPN in Australia?
You can watch ESPN in Australia by subscribing to a reliable VPN; we recommend ExpressVPN.
Is ESPN free in Australia?
If you have a Foxtel subscription, you can watch ESPN content through Foxtel.
Do you get ESPN with Disney plus Australia?
Does ESPN+ come with Disney+? Yes, but if you get the Disney Bundle, in which you will get ESPN and Disney Plus with Hulu, it will cost you AU$ 19.45 /mo (US$ 12.99 /mo).
When is ESPN Plus coming to Australia?
There’s no official announcement of ESPN Plus coming to Australia. Meanwhile, you can use ExpressVPN to get ESPN+ in Australia.
How much is ESPN a month in Australia?
ESPN will cost you AU$ 14.71 (US$ 9.99) per month in Australia.
Is ESPN available on Amazon Prime?
Yes, if you have a cable subscription, you can watch any ESPN channel, as well as the Longhorn Channel and the SEC Channels.
How do you watch ESPN online?
You can watch ESPN online by downloading the official ESPN app.
ESPN+ is one of the most excellent and affordable channels to watch live sports online. For $5.99 per month, you can access some of the best football, college sports, the UFC, MLB, and various other sports and leagues.
What is the problem? ESPN+ is unavailable in Australia, at least not without following the steps outlined in this tutorial. So, subscribe to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, or NordVPN, and you are good to go!