Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Is ESPN Plus Available in Australia? No, ESPN Plus is not available in Australia and to watch ESPN Plus in Australia you will need a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Is ESPN Plus available in Australia? No, ESPN Plus is not available in Australia. You can still watch ESPN+ in Australia with a VPN that has servers in the US. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Follow the steps to watch ESPN Plus in Australia with any hurdle:
How to Watch ESPN Plus in Australia [Quick Guide in 2023]
To watch ESPN+ in Australia, follow these 5 simple steps:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Log in to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a USA server from the servers list.
- Now, access ESPN Plus service and start streaming your favorite sports.
Why Do You Need a VPN in Australia to Watch ESPN?
ESPN is an American OTT streaming service that offers a wide range of sports content. Because of geo-restrictions, anyone residing or traveling outside the United States cannot access ESPN Plus. The best way to access any geo-restricted stream or service is to use a VPN provider. Whenever you try to watch ESPN Plus in Australia without a VPN, you will get the following geo-restricted message:
ESPN Plus isn’t available in your country due to content rights issues.
A VPN masks your IP and DNS and makes you undetectable for the host server. Since ESPN determines your location based on your IP address, a VPN exists to change this. When you press the connect button, a session is established between the US server and you and one between the server and ESPN. This is how your IP address is masked (you are now the VPN server), and ESPN lets you in because whatever you do is passed off to ESPN+ as if it were the VPN server.
Top 5 VPNs Watch ESPN Plus in Australia [Quick Overview in Jan 2023]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 5 Best VPNs to watch ESPN Plus in Australia:
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 25 highly optimized server locations in USA, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch ESPN Plus from anywhere. Its offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage, a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, and high-end encryption.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in USA, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, highly secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable, with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well 15 highly optimized servers in USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE, along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch ESPN Plus in Australia or from anywhere in the world. That offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3 years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPN Services to Watch ESPN Plus in Australia 2023
Based on several important factors, we’ve compiled a list of the 5 Best VPNs to Watch ESPN+ in Australia:
ExpressVPN – Top Recommended VPN to Watch ESPN Plus in Australia
- ExpressVPN is the best VPN for watching ESPN+ in Australia. It provides 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including 130+ fast US servers for easy access to the ESPN app.
- It is compatible with nearly all of the internet TV providers required to sign up for the ESPN app without US cable.
- It works with all major streaming devices and operating systems, including Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- This service assures that your activities remain secret at all times using 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and complete forward secrecy.
- Furthermore, ExpressVPN does not maintain any activity or connection logs, so even if compelled by a third party, they would not be able to divulge your activities.
- Its single plan allows for five simultaneous device connections and includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Customer service is available by email or live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You can watch ESPN Plus in Canada, ESPN Plus in UK, and ESPN Plus anywhere outside USA with ExpressVPN.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access ESPN Plus in Australia
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols, such as a kill switch feature and split tunneling, ensuring you completely protect your data.
The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States. Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost, you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all viruses.
CyberGhost provides 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – All Rounder VPN to Stream ESPN+ Australia
- This reputable, dependable, and powerful VPN works flawlessly to unblock ESPN for viewers in Australia.
- The strong and massive 1900+ US servers allow you to circumvent the ESPN firewall and watch its content in Australia.
- NordVPN provides dedicated connections for every major streaming device and allows up to six simultaneous device connections on a single connection with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- This VPN is built to support complex security configurations. By default, it uses 256-bit AES encryption, but you can additionally enable a kill switch, automatic ad filtering, malware monitoring, Tor over VPN, and double
- NordVPN accepts Bitcoin as payment and keeps no logs of personally identifiable information, allowing you to sign up anonymously and browse the internet.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami
Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN to access ESPN Plus Australia
- This service provider offers a low-cost way to unblock ESPN in Australia. It provides the best streaming servers that enable ESPN to be streamed in HD indefinitely.
- It has dedicated apps for almost every streaming device, allowing you to watch ESPN.
- Being the only VPN provider that provides unlimited device connections on a single account and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Its CleanWeb feature prevents you from seeing unwanted adverts.
- Your data will be secure thanks to the MultiHop double VPN system and 256-bit AES encryption.
Recommended Servers: NewYork, Chicago, and Detroit
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to stream ESPN Plus in Australia
AtlasVPN is a fast and affordable VPN that can be used to access a variety of streaming services. It is a safe, high-performance VPN that provides access to all main zones. All of it is for $1.99 a month, which is a steal deal for anyone.
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers worldwide with fast connections, allowing you to choose your location with a single click.
Moreover, its desktop clients are powerful and dependable, with AES-256 encryption and various protocols, an ad blocker, kill switch, and other features.
Additionally, its smartphone apps are also easy to use with unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to protect as many devices as you like, whether 10 or 100.
Can I watch ESPN Plus in Australia using a free VPN?
Unfortunately, NO! There is a 9/10 chance that you will not receive a free VPN that allows you to access ESPN+ in Australia. What is the reason for this? Free VPN servers have no incentive to ensure that their masking works; this is how a VPN works and allows you to access ESPN.
Overall, free VPN providers cannot bypass geo-restrictions; they cannot unblock ESPN Plus in Australia.
How to Subscribe and Create an ESPN+ Account in Australia
To sign up for an ESPN+ account in Australia, follow these steps:
- Get a high-quality VPN (We highly recommend ExpressVPN)
- Go to the official ESPN website, download the ESPN app on your device, and sign up with an email address.
- Connect to ExpressVPN’s US server.
- Go to ESPN and sign up for an internet TV service.
- Click ESPN+ or espn.com/espnplus to purchase a monthly subscription for $5.99
How Much Does ESPN+ Cost in Australia, and Where Can I Register?
ESPN is a part of the Walt Disney Company and this is one of the reasons that it is available at a cheap price. A monthly subscription to ESPN costs $5.99.
ESPN+ is an upgraded version of ESPN and it costs $6.99/per month. However, if you subscribe to an annual package of ESPN Plus in Australia, you can save up to 15%. As the annual plan of ESPN Plus is available at $69.99/year.
Get ESPN+ with Hulu & Disney+ Bundle
Streamers can get a great deal from Disney. Instead of paying $5.99 for ESPN+, you can use the bundle deal to get ESPN plus + Hulu + Disney plus for just $12.99 per month.
So. if you live outside of the United States, you can use a VPN to access Hulu. You must connect to a VPN server in the United States, and the platform will be unblocked in no time!
How to Watch ESPN Without Cable in Australia?
As we all know, ESPN is only available through the app and requires a US cable subscription. You won’t want to pay for a US cable subscription to watch ESPN+ in Australia if you’re watching from Australia. However, you can access the ESPN app through other internet TV providers/streaming services, far superior to cable subscriptions in channel selection and cost.
Below are 7 streaming services in Australia where you can watch ESPN without cable:
- YouTube TV
- Sling TV
- Fubo TV
- Live TV on Hulu
- AT&T TV
- Film TV
Note: If you want to purchase a subscription to these streaming services, you must have a VPN connection to the US server.
What is the Difference between ESPN+, ESPN App, and ESPN?
ESPN, ESPN App, and ESPN+ are different, as is the regular channel.
ESPN is an abbreviation for “Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.” It sells its content to cable TV networks worldwide, and it has the best sports available to watch. Without a cable TV subscription, the regular channel is not available.
The official ESPN app, formerly known as Watch ESPN, streams thousands of live sports events and shows. The ESPN app is the channel’s official free website/app where you can stream and watch free clips and short videos. And if you have a cable TV subscription to the ESPN channel, you can enter your account information and access those channels from here, just like you would from your cable TV.
ESPN+ is a low-cost add-on to the free version of the app that allows you to watch live-streaming sporting events that aren’t available on regular ESPN. It is not an app, but rather a subscription that provides access to exclusive sports events that are not available on traditional cable TV channels. The addition of ESPN+ Originals, 30 for 30 documentaries, and access to exclusive PPV events (separate prices) is impressive for a sports-focused service that costs only $4.99 per month.
Compatible Devices to watch ESPN+ in Australia
Following are the devices that are compatible to watch ESPN Plus in Australia:
- Android (Phone & Tablet)
- Android TV
- IOS (iPhone & iPad)
- Apple TV
- Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S
- PS4 & PS5
- Amazon Fire TV & Tablet
- Samsung Smart TV
- Linux, Windows, and Mac computers
Now let’s find out how you can get ESPN+ on different devices in Australia.
How can I download ESPN Plus in Australia on Android Devices?
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for ESPN+ in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, ESPN+ is now available on your Android device.
How can you download ESPN Plus in Australia on iOS Devices?
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for ESPN+ in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to stream your favorite shows.
How can I Watch ESPN Plus in Australia on Firestick?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download ESPN+ on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to the US server.
- Enter the word ‘ESPN+‘ and press enter.
- The ‘Telemundo app for Fire TV Stick‘ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the ESPN+ app has been installed, open it.
- Open the ESPN+ app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching ESPN+ on Firestick in Australia
How can you Get ESPN Plus in Australia on Kodi?
- Install a VPN that is compatible with ESPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the ESPN+ add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How can you Watch ESPN Plus in Australia on a PC
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the ESPN+ website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching ESPN+, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
How can you get ESPN Plus in Australia on Roku?
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to the US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select ESPN Plus on the Roku homescreen, and you are good to go.
How to access ESPN Plus in Australia on PS3/PS4?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download ESPN Pluson PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “ESPN Plus.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- ESPN Plus has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to download ESPN Plus in Australia on Xbox?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download ESPN Plus on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “ESPN Plus” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Click the “Install” button.
How Can I stream ESPN Plus in Australia on Apple TV?
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the ESPN Plus app, and you are done.
How to download ESPN Plus in Australia on Smart TV?
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the ESPN Plus app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
How can I watch ESPN Plus in Australia on a PC?
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the ESPN Plus website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching ESPN Plus, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What Sports Can I Stream on ESPN?
ESPN+ has a plethora of great sports shows and content that you can now watch from Australia. Here is a list of the content available on ESPN and ESPN+.
- NFL (Live)
- MLB (Live)
- MLS (Live)
- UFC, including main events (PPV)
- PGA Golf
- College Football
- NFL Insiders
- Full replays of NBA historic games
- Major League Baseball
- Complete replays of NBA historic game
- NBA G League
- NFL Primetime
- NFL (live)
FAQs on ESPN Plus in Australia
ESPN+ is one of the greatest and most affordable channels to watch live sports on the internet. For $5.99 per month, you can access some of the best football, college sports, the UFC, MLB, and various other sports and leagues. What is the problem? ESPN+ is not available in Australia. At least not without following the steps outlined in this tutorial. So, subscribe to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, or NordVPN, and you are good to go!