Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can you watch ESPN Plus Outside USA? No, you cannot watch ESPN Plus outside USA unless you use a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Is ESPN Plus available outside USA? No, ESPN Plus is not available outside USA because of the geo-restriction. However, you can get ESPN Plus outside the USA with a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has incredible unblocking capabilities.
VPNs help you access streaming platforms, movies, and shows unavailable in your home country. It masks your IP address and assigns you a new one located in a different country.
It is super easy to use, especially with a trustworthy and reliable VPN like ExpressVPN. It has an expansive network of high-functioning servers in 94 countries, including the US and the UK. Just connect to one of their optimized US servers, and you can easily watch ESPN Plus outside the USA.
Keep reading the comprehensive guide for more information.
How to Watch ESPN Plus Outside USA [Quick Guide in June 2023]
Can I get ESPN Plus outside the USA? Yes, you can get ESPN Plus outside the USA with the following steps:
- Sign up for a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has optimized US servers and the best VPN deals.
- Download and Install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device.
- Sign in with your credentials.
- Connect to a USA server. We recommend the New York server.
- Now, access the ESPN Plus service and stream your favorite sports outside the USA.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch ESPN Plus Outside USA?
Does ESPN Plus work outside the USA without a VPN? No, ESPN Plus does not work outside the USA without a VPN because it is geo-restricted outside the USA. Whenever you try to watch ESPN Plus outside the USA, you will get the following geo-restricted message:
Can you access ESPN Plus outside the USA? Yes, you can access ESPN Plus outside the USA with a premium VPN. It masks your IP and DNS and hides your local address. It gives you the appearance of being in a foreign country. VPN also shields your IP from the prying eyes of your Internet Service Provider.
ISPs seem to enjoy slowing your internet when you are trying to stream ESPN Sports. VPNs help prevent this, so you can stream sports in high definition and overcome speed throttling. Selecting the right VPN to watch ESPN Plus outside the USA is crucial.
Many VPNs claim to unblock ESPN+ but cannot. Therefore, We recommend you use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to access ESPN outside USA.
Top 5 VPNs to Watch ESPN Plus Outside the USA [Quick Overview June 2023]
Following is a quick overview of the top 5 ESPN VPNs:
- ExpressVPN [Editor’s Choice]: With high-speed and next-generation servers in 94 countries, ExpressVPN is the best VPN you can use to watch ESPN Plus outside the USA. You can get 3 extra months free of ExpressVPN with a yearly subscription. That’s 15 months for the price of 12 – a 49% saving. You also get a full 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try ExpressVPN risk-free.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in USA. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-day money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable, with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries and 15 highly optimized servers in the USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription of $3.71 a month and a 2-year plan of 72% off + 3 months FREE, along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch ESPN Plus outside USA or from anywhere in the world. That offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in the USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 monthly for 3 years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Create an ESPN+ Account outside USA
To sign up for an ESPN+ account outside the USA, follow these steps:
- Get a high-quality VPN (we recommend ExpressVPN)
- Go to the official ESPN website, download the ESPN app on your device, and sign up with an email address.
- Connect to ExpressVPN’s US server.
- Go to ESPN and sign up for an internet TV service.
- Click ESPN+ or espn.com/espnplus to purchase the subscription of this bundle.
5 Best VPNs to Watch ESPN Plus Outside USA [In-Depth Analysis Jun 2023]
You will need a reliable VPN to watch ESPN Plus outside the USA. There are hundreds of VPNs available in the market.
That’s why we have analyzed the 50 most popular VPNs to see which works best with ESPN Plus. So, here are the 5 best VPNs you can use to watch geo-restricted content on ESPN Plus outside the USA.
ExpressVPN – Top Recommended VPN to Watch ESPN Plus outside USA
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for watching ESPN+ outside USA. It provides 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including 130+ fast US servers for easy access to the ESPN app. It is compatible with nearly all of the internet TV providers required to sign up for the ESPN app without US cable.
In addition to ESPN+, ExpressVPN unblocks several streaming platforms, including Fubo TV, Crackle TV, Oxygen T and many others.
It works with all major streaming devices and operating systems, including Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Its single plan allows for five simultaneous device connections and includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas.
You can access so many other Blocked Streaming Sites with VPN:
- Can I get Hulu Outside USA?
- Can I Watch Showtime outside USA?
- Is Fubo TV available outside USA?
- Does Discovery Plus work outside USA?
- Is Paramount Plus available outside USA?
- Can I watch Adult swim outside USA?
- Does Sling TV work outside USA?
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access ESPN Plus Outside USA
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols, such as a kill switch feature and split tunnelling that ensures you protect your data completely.
The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States. Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost, you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all viruses.
CyberGhost provides 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years, but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
Recommended Servers: Orlando, Chicago, and Las Vegas.
NordVPN – All-Rounder VPN to Stream ESPN Plus Outside USA
This reputable, dependable, and powerful VPN works flawlessly to unblock ESPN for viewers worldwide. The strong and massive 1900+ US servers allow you to circumvent the ESPN firewall and watch its content outside of the United States.
Similarly, you can connect to your preferred US server, allowing you to watch ESPN Plus outside USA on multiple devices without difficulty. NordVPN provides dedicated connections for every major streaming device and allows up to six simultaneous device connections on a single connection with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami.
Surfshark – Trusted VPN to access ESPN Plus Outside USA
This service provider offers a low-cost way to unblock ESPN outside USA. It provides the best streaming servers that enable ESPN to be streamed in HD indefinitely. It has dedicated apps for almost every streaming device, allowing you to watch ESPN.
On the server front, the service provides over 20 servers in the United States. As a result, you can watch Paramount Plus, CBC, and many others just by connecting to your preferred US server. Being the only VPN provider that provides unlimited device connections on a single account and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: NewYork, Chicago, and Detroit.
AtlasVPN – Budget-Friendly VPN to stream ESPN Plus Outside USA
AtlasVPN is a fast and affordable VPN that can be used to access various streaming services. It is a safe, high-performance VPN that provides access to all main zones. All of it is for $1.99 a month, which is a steal deal for anyone.
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers worldwide with fast connections, allowing you to choose your location with a single click.
Moreover, its desktop clients are powerful and dependable, with AES-256 encryption and various protocols, an ad blocker, a kill switch, and other features.
Additionally, its smartphone apps are also easy to use with unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to protect as many devices as you like, whether 10 or 100.
Recommended Servers: Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York.
Can I watch ESPN outside USA using a free VPN?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to watch ESPN Plus outside the USA. However, it is not recommended to use a free VPN to watch ESPN+ outside the USA. Free VPNs are incapable of bypassing ESPN’s geo-restriction.
Moreover, free VPN increases the threat of identity and data theft. It collects your data and sells it to third parties for profit. ESPN+ employs highly effective anti-VPN software to unmask and blacklist IP addresses that arrive through free VPN servers.
Therefore, it is recommended to watch ESPN Plus outside the USA with a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
How to Subscribe to ESPN Plus outside USA?
You can subscribe to ESPN+ outside USA with the following methods:
- Through US Credit Card
- Via Virtual Card
- With Google Gift Card
- With Apple Gift Card
Method #1: How can I Pay for ESPN+ outside USA using a US-based credit/debit card?
Using a credit or debit card that was issued in the US and got from friends or family members who reside in the US is a convenient method to subscribe to ESPN+ outside USA. Asking them to sign up for ESPN Plus on your behalf will simplify things, and you may use a VPN to access ESPN Plus outside USA. If it’s not feasible, you can try these things instead:
Follow these easy steps to subscribe to ESPN Plus outside USA using your friend/relative’s credit card:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN (we recommend ExpressVPN).
- Connect with the server in the US.
- Visit ESPN’s official website or download and install the app on your device.
- Tap on the signup button.
- Choose the ESPN Plus subscription package that is suitable for you.
- Add all the information required for the payment method, and enter the US-based credit card details or PayPal.
- After completing the payment details, tap ‘Buy ESPN+’ and complete the payment process.
- Start ESPN+ streaming outside USA.
Method #2: How to Subscribe to ESPN+ outside USA with a Gift Card?
You can Get ESPN+ outside USA via a gift card. However, you first need a VPN subscription to access its website.
Follow these easy steps to subscribe to ESPN+ outside USA by using a gift card:
- Get a premium VPN like ExpressVPN and connect to the US server.
- Visit the ESPN+ gift subscription site and buy its 1-year gift card.
- Enter the details of the dispatcher and the receiver. You can also pay for this gift card using a US-based credit card or any PayPal account.
- Once the transaction process is completed, you will receive an email with all the gift card details.
- Check the email, and click “Redeem your subscription.”
- Follow the given instructions to complete redeeming your gift.
- You can now Stream live sports on ESPN+ outside USA.
Method #3: How do I Pay for ESPN Plus outside USA through Google Gift Cards?
Luckily, you can avail of the in-app purchase on ESPN+ on the Android app. If you don’t have the US payment method, you can easily subscribe to ESPN+ directly from the Android app via a Google Play gift card.
Here are the steps to pay for ESPN Plus outside USA with the help of Google Play:
- Get a VPN (we recommend ExpressVPN) and connect to the US server.
- Make a new Google account with your area set to the USA.
- Visit the Google Play Store, log in, and download the ESPN+ app.
- Before further processing, you must add money to your Google account through a Google Play gift. You can buy it from Amazon.
- Once you’ve enough money in your account, start the ESPN+ app and tap “Subscribe.”
- Choose your preferred plan and continue with the transaction using your Google Play funds.
- Here you Go! Start streaming ESPN+ outside USA.
Method #4: How can I Subscribe to ESPN+ outside USA via your Apple Gift Cards?
Here is another easy and quick payment method. Apple users may easily subscribe to ESPN+ outside USA by using their iTunes account or any other iOS-supported payment method now that ESPN+ supports in-app payments.
Here is a step-by-step guide to signing up for ESPN+ outside USA using your Apple account:
- Get ExpressVPN and connect it to the US server.
- From your iPhone, First, go to Settings > Click on your profile > Media and Purchases, then change your country or region and choose the US as your new country/region.
- Check the Terms and Conditions and visit the App Store.
- Log out from your current account and again log in to get the US App Store.
- Before further proceeding, Buy an Apple Gift card from Amazon.
- Once your Apple account has sufficient funds, download the ESPN+ app and tap on “Subscribe Now.”
- Pick any suitable package and start the transaction.
- All set! You can now enjoy ESPN Plus outside USA.
How much is ESPN+ outside USA?
Following is the ESPN+ price outside the USA:
|ESPN+ Monthly Subscription||ESPN+ Yearly Subscription||ESPN+, Disney+, and Hulu Bundle|
|Price in US Dollars||USD 9.99/mo||USD 99.99/yr||USD 12.99/mo|
Note: The prices are subject to change per the international exchange rates. Moreover, there’s no official free trial available on the ESPN Plus subscription. You can either purchase the yearly subscription or Disney+ Bundle, where an ESPN+ subscription is almost free.
How to Get Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ Bundle?
Follow these steps to get Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ Bundle:
- Get a reliable VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download the ExpressVPN application on your device.
- Sign in with your credentials and connect to a secure US server. We recommend the Dallas server.
- Navigate to the ESPN+ website and select “Get the Disney+ Bundle.” It costs USD 12.99/mo.
- Sign up for an account and pay for your subscription plan.
- Activate your Disney Plus account with the email confirmation.
- Complete the on-screen process to finish the sign-up.
- Download the ESPN app on your device and sign in with your credentials.
- Congratulations, now you can watch Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ with the bundle.
How to Watch ESPN Without Cable Outside USA?
As we all know, ESPN is only available through the app and requires a US cable subscription. You won’t want to pay for a US cable subscription to watch ESPN+ if you’re watching from anywhere.
However, you can access the ESPN app outside USA, through other internet TV providers/streaming services, which are far superior to cable subscriptions in terms of channel selection and cost.
The Difference between ESPN+, ESPN App, and ESPN?
ESPN, ESPN App, and ESPN+ are different, as is the regular channel.
ESPN is an abbreviation for “Entertainment and Sports Programming Network“. It sells its content to cable TV networks worldwide, and it has the best sports available to watch. Without a cable TV subscription, the regular channel is not available.
The official ESPN app, formerly known as Watch ESPN, streams thousands of live sports events and shows. The ESPN app is the channel’s official free website/app to stream and watch free clips and short videos. And if you have a cable TV subscription to the ESPN channel, you can enter your account information and access those channels from here, just like you would from your cable TV.
ESPN+ is a low-cost add-on to the free version of the app that allows you to watch live-streaming sporting events that aren’t available on regular ESPN. It is not an app but rather a subscription that provides access to exclusive sports events unavailable on traditional cable TV channels.
The addition of ESPN+ Originals, 30 for 30 documentaries, and access to exclusive PPV events (separate prices) is impressive for a sports-focused service that costs only $4.99 monthly.
Compatible Devices to Watch ESPN Plus outside USA
Once configuring your VPN, you can watch ESPN Plus outside USA on the following devices via the ESPN+ tab in the ESPN app or on espn.com.
- Android (Phone & Tablet)
- Android TV
- IOS (iPhone & iPad)
- Apple TV
- Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S
- PS4 & PS5
- Amazon Fire TV & Tablet
- Samsung Smart TV
- Linux, Windows, and Mac computers
Now let’s find out how you can get ESPN Plus on different devices outside USA.
How can I download ESPN Plus outside USA on Android Devices?
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for ESPN+ in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, ESPN+ is now available on your Android device.
How can you download ESPN Plus outside USA on iOS Devices?
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for ESPN+ in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to stream your favourite shows.
How can I Watch ESPN Plus outside USA on Firestick?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download ESPN+ on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to the US server.
- Enter the word ‘ESPN+‘ and press enter.
- The ‘Telemundo app for Fire TV Stick‘ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the ESPN+ app has been installed, open it.
- Open the ESPN+ app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching ESPN+ on Firestick outside USA.
How can you Get ESPN Plus outside USA on Kodi?
- Install a VPN that is compatible with ESPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the ESPN+ add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How can you Watch ESPN Plus outside USA on PC
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the ESPN+ website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching ESPN+, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
How can you get ESPN Plus outside USA on Roku?
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select ESPN Plus on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How to access ESPN Plus outside USA on PS3/PS4?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download ESPN Pluson PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “ESPN Plus.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- ESPN Plus has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to download ESPN Plus outside USA on Xbox?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download ESPN Plus on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “ESPN Plus” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How Can I stream ESPN Plus outside USA on Apple TV?
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the ESPN Plus app, and you are done.
How to download ESPN Plus outside USA on Smart TV?
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the ESPN Plus app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
How can I watch ESPN Plus outside USA on a PC?
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the ESPN Plus website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching ESPN Plus, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What to Watch on ESPN Outside USA?
ESPN+ has many great sports shows and content that you can now watch from anywhere in the world. Here is a list of the content available on ESPN and ESPN Plus.
- The Detail
- In The Crease
- Quest for the Stanley Cup
- Last Train to Russia
- Year One
- MLS Rewind
- I’ll Take That Bet
- Ariel and the Bad Guy
- The Fantasy Show
- Always Late with Katie Nolan
FAQs on ESPN Plus Outside USA
Does ESPN Plus work outside USA?
No, ESPN Plus doesn’t work outside the USA. You need to subscribe to a VPN so that you can enjoy ESPN content anywhere outside USA.
Is it possible to watch ESPN Plus outside USA from anywhere?
ESPN Classic is the only ESPN-branded channel broadcasting in Canada. However, ESPN, along with Bell Media, owns a stake in TSN (which uses on-air branding similar to the flagship ESPN channel in the United States), that’s why you will need a premium VPN to watch EXPN Plus outside USA.
How to use ESPN+ overseas?
To get ESPN+ overseas, you need to get a VPN subscription, which will allow you to bypass the geo-restriction so you can stream ESPN+
What countries does ESPN+ work in?
ESPN+ work in the USA only, which means you will need a premium VPN to access the restricted ESPN+ content.
Can I watch ESPN+ at different locations?
Yes, you can stream ESPN+ on three different locations at the same time.
Is ESPN Plus available on Amazon Prime?
Yes, if you have a cable subscription, you can watch any ESPN channel, as well as the Longhorn Channel and the SEC Channels.
How do you watch ESPN Plus outside USA online?
You can watch ESPN online by downloading the official ESPN app.
Why is ESPN+ not working outside USA?
ESPN+ might not work outside USA because of the vulnerable connection, outdated app, and geo-restriction. However, you can fix this by:
- Update your ESPN+ and VPN application.
- Clear the cache and delete the history.
- Power reboot the ESPN+ application.
- Get a premium VPN.
Why is ESPN+ requesting a TV provider?
Live ESPN channels will continue to require a paid TV subscription, whether from cable, satellite, or a live TV streaming service. The app acts as a gatekeeper for live viewing by requiring users to sign in with their TV provider account.
How can I watch ESPN Plus outside of the United States?
You don’t need a cable subscription to watch ESPN +; instead, you can sign up for a regular subscription on their website. Outside of the United States, access to ESPN + is restricted. If you want to sign up for ESPN + and stream while travelling outside of the United States, you must use Smart DNS or a VPN.
Watching ESPN Plus outside of the United States is now quite simple and with a VPN app, such as ExpressVPN. Download their app and connect to the United States once you’ve signed up for one. You can now join ESPN Plus and watch all of your favorite sports live, no matter where you are in the world.