Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can you watch Stan TV in USA? No, you cannot watch Stan TV in USA because it is geo-restricted everywhere outside Australia and you will need a premium VPN to watch Stan TV in USA. So, keep reading to find out how to watch Stan TB in USA with a premium VPN in this easy step-by-step guide:
How to Watch Stan TV in USA [Quick Guide in 2022]
To watch Stan TV in USA, simply follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a credible VPN and sign up for it (I highly recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download and Install the VPN app.
- Log in to the VPN app using your credentials.
- Go to the servers list and connect to an Australia server.
- Go to the official website of Stan TV now and you will be able to stream its movies and TV shows.
Now you know how to watch Stan TV in USA, keep reading to discover additional information about Stan TV.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Access Stan TV in USA?
Stan’s method of blocking your connection is based solely on your IP address. When you go online, your computer is assigned a unique IP address. This is needed to establish a link between your device and the website or app you’ll be visiting Stan TV.
Your IP must contain information about your location in order for this communication to succeed. This is so that the service you’re using knows where to send data. When you connect to Stan TV’s service, it checks your IP address to see if you’re in its broadcast zone or not. If it detects that you are outside of Australia, it will disconnect you. Whenever you will try to access Stan TV in USA, you will get the following geo-restricted error:
So, if you want to watch your favorite Stan TV content in USA, getting a premium VPN is highly recommended because it allows you to mask your IP address with Australian servers and let you watch Stan TV in USA and from anywhere in the world.
Top 5 VPNs to Get Stan TV in USA [Quick Overview]
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 5 separate servers in 4 Australian cities (Brisbane, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne). If you want to binge-watch Stan TV from USA, ExpressVPN is the best choice for you. Its price offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and high-end encryption.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 150 highly optimized server locations in Australia, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 242 servers in Australia. Its 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: The best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch Stan TV in the US or from anywhere in the world. It offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 91 highly optimized servers in Australia, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in Australia, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs to Watch Stan TV in USA [Updated 2022]
To watch Stan TV in USA, you’ll need a VPN. Here is the list of the 5 best VPNs:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Stan TV in USA
- ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs available. When it was also the quickest and most dependable VPN, this was logical.
- ExpressVPN has the ability to unblock certain major streaming sites, such as Eurosport in USA, Voot in USA, and, Crave TV in USA.
- Another reason why this VPN is so effective at unblocking TV streaming sites (that claim to prohibit VPNs) is that its software takes a practical approach to user management.
- While other VPNs entice clients by promising access to hundreds or thousands of servers across numerous countries, ExpressVPN takes a different approach. There are just a few server locations available with ExpressVPN.
- The app will take care of the rest once you’ve chosen your location. You’ll be placed on the quickest available server that isn’t overburdened.
- This basic strategy is critical because it maintains ExpressVPN’s servers running at top speeds and prevents its IPs from being blacklisted for “abnormal” activity in the first place.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access Stan TV in USA
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all viruses.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
- CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – The most Reliable VPN to watch Stan TV in USA
- NordVPN is the world’s most popular VPN service. It’s not hard to see why. It’s a sophisticated program that connects you to a huge network of VPN servers quickly (more on that later).
- It also unblocks popular streaming services like BBC iPlayer in USA , CBC in USA and, Zee5 in USA.
- This is because NordVPN established a full-time technical team (to monitor its servers’ connections with prominent TV streaming services) and has been aggressively investing in its network of IP addresses in strategic areas.
- Also worth noting is the fact that NordVPN is a pioneer in the development of Nordlynx technology.
- WireGuard, a new VPN tunneling technology designed to exceed current standards, is used to build Nordlynx (OpenVPN and IPSec).
- According to NordVPN, the advantages include much faster transfer speeds while connected to a VPN.
Surfshark – Affordable VPN to Watch Stan TV in USA
- Surfshark is a quick way to watch Stan from another country. Its main feature is that it supports an unlimited number of simultaneous connections, making it suitable for families who have many gadgets per person.
- Australian servers can be found in Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney, allowing you to use Stan from anywhere in the world.
- Netflix and Hulu are also unblocked by Surfshark. The server speeds are sufficient for streaming 1080p content without obvious pauses or quality drops.
- This VPN provides live chat and email service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It also has an ad-blocker and a whitelisting, which allows you to bypass the VPN for particular websites and apps.
- Surfshark uses 256-bit AES encryption, as well as DNS and IPv6 leak protection, to keep your data safe.
- A kill switch is also included, and a no-logs policy ensures that your personal information is kept secret.
AtlasVPN– Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Stan TV in USA
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee.
- It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
What is Stan TV?
Stan TV is one of Australia’s most popular video-on-demand channels. Despite the fact that Stan is a relatively new streaming service, you receive unlimited access to TV series from ABC, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, and BBC. Stan is Australia’s newest local movie streaming service, and it’s aiming to compete with Netflix.
Netflix has been censured for providing a poor movie selection to Australians, but with the government tightening down on VPN use to reach other countries, Stan could be in with a chance. There’s lots to watch, from high-quality American and British television to Stan exclusives like the wonderful Wolf Creek, but if you’re outside of Australia, you’ll be disappointed because you’ll be blocked.
Why is Stan TV geo-restricted in USA?
Stan TV won’t operate if you’re traveling outside of Australia because the streaming service doesn’t have the legal authority to distribute its material globally. Stan prohibits access to its content in USA to prevent this from happening. This is why you’re having trouble accessing Stan TV in USA and you are running into the following error:
“You are attempting to access Stan from outside of Australia. Stan is licensed to operate within Australia only”
Stan has signed copyright and licensing agreements with its content partners, which stipulate that the content can only be aired within Australia’s boundaries. Stan TV would be in violation of its agreements if you were able to access the content outside of Australia, and it may face serious consequences.
Can I Use Free VPN to Watch Stan TV in USA?
If you want to watch Stan TV in USA, I highly recommend you not to use a free VPN. Using a free VPN is dangerous, and it only works with a limited number of providers, such as Stan TV. Free VPNs for Stan TV have a limited number of servers and frequently impose restrictions on your connection.
This means you won’t be able to unblock Australian TV networks with a free VPN. Free VPNs are unable to unlock key streaming services due to its lack of servers and privacy.
How much does Stan TV cost in USA?
Basic, standard, and premium subscription plans are available on Stan TV. The basic plan will set you back USD 7.67, while the standard and premium plans will set you back USD 10.44 and 14.58, respectively. You can also pay for Stan TV with a Stan Gift Card, PayPal, a Credit Card, or a Debit Card.
Why is Stan TV not working in USA?
There is no such thing as a perfect streaming service; there will always be a few bugs that cause problems, here are the two most common problem when Stan TV isn’t working in USA with their troubleshoots:
A26 Stan TV Error Code
When the system identifies the usage of a proxy, it displays the Stan error A26, which prevents you from accessing Stan TV in the United States. To ensure buffer-less and secure streaming, you should only use a premium VPN to access Stan TV in USA.
Error: Stan TV Service Unavailable
The most common cause of this problem is a poor internet connection. It’s possible that this is a software issue. It is recommended that you reinstall the software and give it another shot. If the problem persists, contact your internet service provider to inquire about your bandwidth allowance or make a complaint about the streaming speeds.
How To Download Subtitles For Movies on Stan TV in USA?
Stan TV offers you both subtitles as well as Audio Description. If you wish to stream by both means, download Subtitles and Audio descriptions by following these simple steps;
- Go to the Stan app.
- Select the Stan movie/show for which you want the sub-titles.
- Once you select the movie/show, then bring up the player controls by pressing the Pause Button on your TV remote.
- By navigating over to your right corner, you will see a speech bubble. the options will be given, Select your desired language.
How much data does Stan TV use?
The quantity of data you use while streaming Stan TV is directly proportional to the quality of your stream. Stan TV allows you to manually customize the quality of your connection on a number of devices via the app’s settings, though Stan TV also adjusts quality depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
Here’s is the table below to see how much bandwidth you’ll consume streaming Stan TV at various quality settings:
- Low quality: Approx. 570MB per hour
- Medium quality (SD): Approx. 1.13GB per hour
- High definition (HD): Approx. 2.89GB per hour
- Ultra-high-definition (4K): Approx. 7GB per hour
Devices Compatibility to watch Stan TV in USA
Stan TV in USA is compatible with the following devices:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for Stan TV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Stan TV is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for Stan TV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Stan TV on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Stan TV on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Stan TV”.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Stan TV has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Stan TV on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “Stan TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with Stan TV. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the Stan TV add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Stan TV on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to US server.
- Enter the word ‘Stan TV’ and press enter.
- The ‘Stan TV app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Stan TV app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Stan TV app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Stan TV on Firestick outside USA.
For Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the Stan TV app and you are done.
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Stan TV app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the Stan TV website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Stan TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What to watch on Stan TV in USA?
Stan TV provides unrestricted access to series and movies. Stan TV boasts one of the most diverse collections of TV shows, movies, documentaries, and animated films and TV shows in all genres. The content library has 1783 titles, making it well worth the $10/month subscription fee. I would be here a long time if I listed all of the best movies and shows to watch on Stan TV. So, here’s a list of what’s now available on Stan TV in USA:
Best Movies and Shows to watch on Stan TV in USA
- Bad Moms 2
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Pretty Woman
- Black Panther
- City on a Hill
- Dawson’s Creek
- Flesh and Bone
- Friday Night Lights
- Godfather of Harlem
- I Am the Night
- Killing Eve
- Miracle Workers
- Party Down
- Romper Stomper
- Search Party
- The Shield
- Twin Peaks
- Veronica Mars
- Will & Grace
- A Sunburnt Christmas
- Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
- Children of Men
- High Life
- I Am Woman
FAQs on Stan TV in USA
How can I watch Stan TV in USA for free?
If you want to stream the Stan TV service for free, you can use the Stan TV free trial option. However, the free trial can only be used once.
Is Stan TV available to watch online in USA?
How can I download Stan movies and TV shows?
The series and movies on Stan TV can be downloaded simply by selecting the download option in the synopsis of the title you want to watch.
In which countries Stan TV is available?
Stan is only available in Australia by default. If you try to access the streaming service from in USA, you’ll get an error message that claims Stan TV isn’t available in your country. However, if you use a reliable streaming VPN like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, or NordVPN, you can securely change your virtual location to Australia and have immediate access to this fantastic streaming service.
Are there any live sports on Stan TV?
t certainly does. After negotiating an agreement with Rugby Australia, Stan Sport debuted in February 2021 with rugby union as its main drawcard. Stan TV broadcasts a wide range of rugby union matches, providing a much-needed boost to the sport, which has suffered for coverage, visibility, and money in recent years in Australia.
How can I pay for Stan TV in USA?
Stan TV accepts Visa, Mastercard, and American Express as forms of payment. When you register your account, you will be asked to enter your credit card information, and payment will be automatically deducted from your card each month on the same day that you signed up.
Can I Download Subtitles for Stan Movies and TV Shows in USA?
Follow the below steps to download Subtitles for Stan Movies and TV Shows in USA:
- Open the Stan viewer or the Stan app.
- Choose the movie you wish to see.
- Select the subtitle from the player’s control bar while it is playing.
- Finally, pick English under the heading “Subtitles” by clicking on the icon for the speech bubble.
There’s nothing to worry about if you are one of those Aussies traveling abroad because Stan TV is a geo-restricted channel. Luckily, as an Australian ex-pat or tourist, you can easily bypass this obstacle in USA, and regain access to your favorite Stan TV movies and shows from anywhere in the world just by subscribing to one of my recommended premium VPNs that are mentioned above.
Having said that, ExpressVPN comes highly recommended. It’s difficult to go wrong with consistently high speed, excellent connectivity, and versatility!