Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
PBS is an American broadcaster in USA, that is only available in USA. So, if you are living abroad and want to access your favorite American content on PBS in UK then a VPN is the only way to remove its geographical blocks and make PBS service available in your region. To watch PBS UK, follow the below easy steps:
How to Watch PBS in UK with a VPN – [Updated 2022]
To watch PBS in UK in 2021, simply follow the simple procedures outlined below
Why do you need a VPN to Watch PBS in UK?
PBS is geo-restricted and requires a VPN connection to be accessible outside the USA regions. So whenever you try to access PBS in UK , it will prompt the following message:
You can save your time with a smart step by subscribing to a VPN and make direct connections for secure access to watch PBS in UK. VPN will directly mask your current IP address with a dummy one and replace your geographical address with a USA-based location making it possible to access the streaming website.
Top 5 VPNs Watch PBS in UK [Quick Overview in May 2022]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 5 Best VPNs to watch PBS in UK:
ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 25 highly optimized server locations in USA, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch PBS from anywhere. Its price offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and a high-end encryption.
CyberGhost: CyberGhost offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in USA, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, a 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
NordVPN: This one is a reliable with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well 15 highly optimized servers in USA. It comes with 2-year subscription is $3.67 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark: It is a best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch PBS from anywhere in the world that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs to watch PBS in UK [May 2022]
Let’s have a look at the 5 best VPNs to watch PBS in UK in 2022 from anywhere:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch PBS in UK
- There are almost 3000 servers spread across 94 countries, all of which use AES 256-bit encryption.
- It has a number of protocols, including as OpenVPN, IKEv2, and L2TP, that encrypt data and enable secure user connectivity, making its service even more outstanding. WireGuard, a feature of ExpressVPN, improves speed and security.
- ExpressVPN has made a beta version of Lightway available, which offers increased security and speed.
- ExpressVPN supports up to five active devices at once with a single account.
- Users can choose when they want to connect to the VPN and which servers they want to connect to using split tunneling.
- A zero-log policy indicates that no recordings of a user’s actions while connected to a network are preserved.
- ExpressVPN additionally offers protocol-encrypted DNS server requests, ensuring that no third parties have direct access to devoted users’ internal data and activities.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access PBS in UK
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all viruses.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
- CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to watch PBS in UK
- NordVPN is the first-rated safety level network, with a top-layered encryption mechanism, and it has several servers in various countries across the world. To prevent a data intrusion, use AES-256 bit encryption, OpenVPN, NordLynx, L2TP, and Split-tunneling with Kill Switch.
- With device compatibilities such as Windows, Android, iOS, Apple TV, and more media, NordVPN is very acceptable and secure when it comes to secure browsing.
- There are over 5500 servers in 59 countries, and USA is one of them, offering a Live Chat option for customer care.
- The pricing package starts at $4.92 per month for a one-year subscription and $3.71 per month for a two-year subscription.
- Users that stick to NordVPN as a service provider can effortlessly access multiple channels, with US servers being supplied to them.
Surfshark – Low-cost VPN to watch PBS in UK
- Surfshark is the most popular VPN, allowing users to search for and access all content organized by region.
- It uses encryption techniques such as AES-256 bit encryption, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, Kill-Switch, and a DNS server to unblock all geo-restricted websites and secure users’ identities.
- After ExpressVPN, the most downloaded VPN is Surfshark, enabling users to search their favorite shows and stream all the content filtered with the region.
- Surfshark is compatible with Windows, Android phones, iOS, and Mac and has over 3200 servers in 65 countries.
- Customers can also use the Live Chat feature, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and gives a quick response!
AtlasVPN –Pocket-Friendly VPN to access PBS in UK
- You can quickly discover a fast server near you thanks to AtlasVPN’s network of 750+ servers spread across 39 locations.
- For added protection and to ensure that no data is saved on any server, all of these servers run with WireGuard protocol.
- For added security and protection, it also uses crafts tunnels with IPSec/IKEv2 along with SHA-384 and PFS. This VPN also comes with super-strong AES-256 for data encryption, DNS leak protection, a kill switch, and a large number of servers to choose from.
- AtlasVPN has a no-logs policy for user internet behavior and they don’t keep track of their users’ activity, DNS requests, or any other information that could be linked to them.
- Moreover, AtlasVPN allows you to securely share files with as many people as you want. Buffering lags, and other difficulties are addressed via streaming-optimized servers.
- A 30-day money-back guarantee is included with AtlasVPN.
- Given the lowest cost of monthly billing for $1.99, the 3-year plan provides the best value for money provided you can make the commitment for the long run.
Can I use a free VPN to watch PBS in UK?
While you can use a free VPN to watch PBS in UK, but free VPNs are frequently severely constrained when it comes to security. After all, a VPN should protect your online privacy as well as unblock geo-restricted content. Many free VPNs do not provide encryption or a kill switch. Furthermore, many free VPNs log and sell your data and behavior to the highest bidder. Free is rarely ever free, as we’ve seen with companies like Facebook and Google, especially when it comes to our online privacy.
How to sign up PBS account in UK?
This is a really straightforward procedure. Simply follow the instructions to set up a PBS UK account on your device.
- Go to the PBS website after connecting to a US ExpressVPN server.
- Click ‘Sign in’ from the homepage.
- You will be given the option of choosing which account to use. Choose one of your options.
- The next step is to verify your account, and then you’re ready to go! Stream all of PBS’s content with ease.
Why PBS isn’t available in UK?
The authentic content broadcasted from PBS is only available on their platform, and that’s the primary reason people who reside in the USA can access it without any issue. Whereas, if you live in UK, it’s quite a difficult task to watch series and videos through PBS.
The reason for this is that due to content copyright and licensing concerns, America has placed a geographical limitation on its streaming services and channels. So, PBS is geo-restricted, and for easy access, you have to connect your devices and browsers with a secure VPN service provider. Otherwise, you can not enjoy the services and watch PBS in UK.
Compatible Devices with PBS in UK
Here is the list of devices that are compatible with the PBS in UK:
- Android Devices
- iOS Devices
- Samsung Smart T.V
- Apple TV
- Amazon Firestick and Fire TV
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for PBS app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, PBS is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for PBS in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select PBS on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download PBS on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “PBS”.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- PBS has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download PBS on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “PBS” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with PBS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the PBS add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download PBS on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to US server.
- Enter the word ‘PBS’ and press enter.
- The ‘PBS app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the PBS UK app has been installed, open it.
- Open the PBS UK app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching PBS on Firestick in UK.
For Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the PBS app and you are done.
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the PBS app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the PBS website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching PBS, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What to watch on PBS in UK?
Below is the list of some of the best movies and shows to watch on PBS in UK including some of the kids special:
Best Movies to watch on PBS in UK
- PBS Short Film Festival
- Behind the Lens
- God Knows Where I Am
- Independent Lens
- Truly CA
- Doc World
- In-Short: Student Films
- Director’s Cut
- Muslim Youth Voices
- Gamble House
- City Voices
- Reel Mid-West
Best Shows to watch on PBS in UK
- Washington Week
- The Great British Baking Show
- Travel Scope
- This Old House
- Downton Abbey
- Finding Your Roots
- Plates & Places
- African American Lives 2
- Finding Your Roots
- A Chef’s Life
- Austin City Limits
- American Experience
Best Kids Special Shows to watch on PBS in UK
- Dinosaur Train
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood
- Curious George
How to watch PBS in UK?
PBS official site can be accessed in UK using a VPN mentioned above in the article.
Is PBS offering free streaming in UK?
No, PBS doesn’t offer free streaming if you are not a regular member of the platform by signing up to the PBS platform.
Is it possible to watch PBS without a passport?
Yes, you can watch PBS and stream its videos even without a passport by using a VPN and selecting any USA server.
PBS is available on which streaming service in UK?
PBS content is available on Amazon Prime, Netflix, and a variety of other streaming services, and you can watch it whenever you want.
Geo-restrictions aren’t uncommon when it comes to streaming. However, if you want to watch PBS in UK then the only way to legally access PBS in UK is to subscribe to a premium VPN that has optimized servers in USA. I hope this article will help you understand the entire process to access PBS in UK with a premium VPN; and if any assistance is required, you can comment to get your queries resolved.