Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Does TVNZ works outside New Zealand? No, TVNZ does not work outside New Zealand. But, you can watch it anywhere if you use a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Is TVNZ available outside New Zealand? No, TVNZ is not available outside New Zealand. However, you can watch TVNZ outside New Zealand using a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
How to Watch TVNZ On Demand Outside New Zealand [with 4 Quick Steps September 2023]
Wondering can I watch TVNZ outside New Zealand? Yes, you can watch TVNZ outside New Zealand through a VPN. To watch TVNZ On Demand outside New Zealand, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand?
VPNs reroute your internet traffic through private servers in several countries.
Because websites and streaming services such as TVNZ on demand limit traffic from outside New Zealand based on the IP address, you can gain access by connecting to a New Zealand server and obtaining a New Zealand IP address, allowing you to use a New Zealand server so you can change your local IP address and watch geo-restricted content everywhere around the world.
That’s how if you try to visit TVNZ outside of New Zealand without a VPN, you’ll see the following message:
“Whoops! Looks like you’re trying to watch from outside of New Zealand. Our videos are only available to watch within New Zealand due to rights issues.”
Can you get TVNZ outside New Zealand? Yes, you can get TVNZ outside New Zealand by subscribing to a VPN with New Zealand servers that uses robust protocols to avoid detection by the website so you can watch TVNZ outside New Zealand.
So, you need a VPN connection if you watch your favorite geo-restricted content from anywhere with high protection and privacy. Don’t stop; keep reading to find the best VPNs with TVNZ.
5 Best VPNs to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand [Quick Overview – Sept 2023]
You must be wondering, Can I Watch TVNZ On Demand Overseas? Yes, you can watch TVNZ on Demand overseas through a VPN; here are the 5 VPNs that we recommend:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers worldwide and highly optimized server locations in NZ. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s annual subscription for $6.67/month and get 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost: It offers a network of 7,000+ servers across 91 countries. These include highly optimized server locations in New Zealand. CyberGhost will cost you $2.19/mo. for 2 Years + 2 Months with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: It has 5700+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. It offers highly optimized NZ servers. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It has 3200+ servers in 100 countries with 600+ highly optimized servers in locations in NZ. You can buy Surfshark for $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AtlasVPN: It offers 1000+ servers in 42 countries, including highly optimized servers in New Zealand cities. Atlas VPN will cost $1.82/mo. for 2 years with 3 months extra. A 30-day money-back guarantee covers the plan.
How to Subscribe to TVNZ Outside New Zealand
Can I Watch NZ TV Online? Yes, you can watch NZ TV by signing up through a VPN; you can easily sign up for a TVNZ account by following the below easy steps:
- Connect to the New Zealand server using a reputable VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Visit the official TVNZ website.
- The login option shows on the top right of your screen when you tap it.
- Now, select Sign-Up from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in all the essential information and check the box next to “I Agree to the House Rules,” then click the Sign-Up button.
- Your TVNZ account has been created, and you’re ready to begin watching TVNZ.
5 Best VPNs to watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand [Detailed Analysis September 2023]
The VPNs listed below are the best ones to unblock and watch TVNZ outside New Zealand.
ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand
- Without a doubt, ExpressVPN is the fastest and most dependable VPN for watching TVNZ outside New Zealand. Its servers are located in different parts of the world, giving you a wide range of options for unblocking geo-restricted content.
- This VPN offers servers in 3000+ servers worldwide and highly optimized server locations in NZ and specializes in unblocking major streaming services.
- ExpressVPN allows you to connect up to five devices at once. This is simple to accomplish thanks to the numerous user-friendly apps and browser extensions. With just one click, you can connect to a server.
- If you encounter any problems, ExpressVPN provides outstanding customer service. Email and live chat are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can try this service for 30 days and get your money back if you don’t like it.
- ExpressVPN not only offers lightning-fast speeds but also offers a high level of security.
- This VPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, with no statutory data retention rules (ExpressVPN, for example, does not maintain user-identifying logs). Your data is protected with 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS and IPv6 leak protection.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access TVNZ outside New Zealand
- CyberGhost has about 7,000+ servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- The built-in speed CyberGhost Provides 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost, you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols, such as the kill switch feature and split tunneling, ensuring you completely protect your data.
- CyberGhost provides 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- CyberGhost costs $2.19/mo. for 2 Years + 2 Months with a 45-day money-back guarantee, but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN – Well-rounded VPN to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand
- With over 5,700 servers at the time of writing, it is one of the largest VPNs on the market. NordVPN is a wonderful option for viewing TVNZ outside New Zealand.
- Many of these servers are optimized for peer-to-peer file sharing, while others provide enhanced privacy or allow you to bypass internet limitations. Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and HBO Max may all be unblocked using this service.
- It also allows you to connect to up to six devices simultaneously.
- Apart from providing live chat assistance 24 hours a day, NordVPN has the security protections to secure your privacy. 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch feature are all included. Furthermore, NordVPN adheres to a stringent no-logs policy.
You can also watch the following channels with NordVPN:
Surfshark – Pocket-Friendly VPN to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand
- It’s a great deal because Surfshark lets you connect multiple devices simultaneously.
- Without a doubt, this VPN is ideal for sharing with family. Hundreds of countries, along with the servers, unblock Netflix, HBO Max, and Hulu. Its IP address allows you to unblock TVNZ while connecting to US servers.
- Surfshark’s ease of use is one of its key features. The apps are well-made and allow you to connect to a server in seconds. Customer service is likewise quick and polite, with live chat available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- This is a no-logs VPN that doesn’t keep track of your internet activities. 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill button are security features. The MultiHop functionality in Surfshark allows you to route traffic across many servers for added security.
AtlasVPN –Pocket-Friendly VPN to access TVNZ Outside New Zealand
- AtlasVPN has over 1000+ servers in 42 countries, providing many options. It also supports unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.82 per month, which is a steal, considering you may connect an infinite number of devices.
- It also comes with a 30-day hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies, including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard and security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
What is TVNZ, AKA Television New Zealand?
For several years, TVNZ was the sole broadcast television provider in New Zealand. Three, Four (now Bravo), and Maori Television joined them in 1989, 1997, and 2004 respectively. Each of these networks can broadcast in various capacities on the internet.
Streaming services are also available from Three, Bravo, and Maori Television. They don’t have the same live broadcast possibilities as NZTV. However, they do have on-demand streaming of rebroadcast primetime shows.
However, none of these networks’ streaming services are available outside of New Zealand due to geo-blocking. So, how do you watch TVNZ outside New Zealand? The most effective method is to use a VPN.
Can you use a free VPN to watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand?
Free VPN with New Zealand servers can unblock TVNZ, but they will likely provide poor performance. One of the most prevalent issues with free VPNs is that their server networks are quite limited, especially compared to the number of users. That’s why streaming is extremely slow, with much buffering and lag. Free VPNs engage in bandwidth tampering.
You’ll also notice that most free VPNs are lacking in features. For example, it is unlikely that you can connect to numerous devices simultaneously or provide customer service. Such limits extend to security, where you can discover your data isn’t encrypted. Advertising is usually how a free service gets the money.
There are no exceptions when it comes to free VPNs. So, can I get TVNZ outside New Zealand? Yes, you can get TVNZ by subscribing to a trusted VPN with authentic servers. We recommend ExpressVPN because Some free VPNs prefer to log your behavior and sell personal information to third parties. Free VPNs are, in general, far inferior to the best VPNs that we have mentioned above.
Why is my TVNZ on Demand continuously buffering?
If you are constantly experiencing the buffering issue, it means there is a technical glitch or problem with either the TVNZ on-demand app or your internet service provider (ISP). There might be a possibility that you are connecting so many devices with a single internet connection via a router.
- Therefore, you are facing buffering issues while watching your favorite content. By following the Below-mentioned steps, you can resolve the buffering issues:
- You should try to uninstall the TVNZ on Demand app.
- Once you have uninstalled the app from your device, you should install the TVNZ on Demand app again.
- You should restart your Computer or laptop and restart after 30 seconds.
- Turn on your Computer or Laptop and try to access TVNZ on demand again.
How can you Chromecast TVNZ on Demand?
The latest Android and iOS apps of TVNZ on-demand support Google Chromecast. Before using Chromecast with the app, you must ensure that you are using the latest versions of TVNZ on Demand Android and iOS apps.
If you want to cast to Chromecast through your PC/Laptop, you must first cast a Chrome browser tab to Chromecast. This way, you can mirror what is on your screen to the TV.
You should see a little cast icon on the top right side of your browser window, which is available to the right of the URL bar. Now, you should select the Chromecast device you wish to access. As a result, the icon will turn blue.
Compatible Devices with TVNZ Outside New Zealand
Below are the devices that are compatible with TVNZ outside New Zealand:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand on Android
Can you watch TVNZ outside New Zealand on Android? Yes, you can get TVNZ outside New Zealand on Android by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in New Zealand.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the TVNZ app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, TVNZ is now available on your Android device.
How to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand on iOS
- Change your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in New Zealand.
- Search for TVNZ in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to stream your favorite shows.
How to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand on Roku
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to the US server.
- Now, insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select TVNZ on the Roku home screen; you are ready.
How to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand on PS3/PS4
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download TVNZ on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for the “TVNZ” app.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- TVNZ has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand on Xbox
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download TVNZ on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for the “TVNZ” app in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
How to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand on Kodi
- Install a VPN that is compatible with TVNZ. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in New Zealand after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the TVNZ add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand on FireStick
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download TVNZ on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN, then connect to the NZ server.
- Enter the word ‘TVNZ‘ and press enter.
- The ‘TVNZ app for Fire TV Stick‘ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the TVNZ app has been installed, open it.
- Open the TVNZ app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching TVNZ on Firestick outside New Zealand.
How to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand on AppleTV
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the TVNZ app, and you are done.
How to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand on Smart TV
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the TVNZ app on your smart TV and create a free account to start watching.
How to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand on PC
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the TVNZ website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching TVNZ, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What to Watch on TVNZ Outside New Zealand?
TVNZ provides a diverse range of shows on its channel. Check out the following list of TVNZ channels, popular movies, and TV shows:
TVNZ Channels to Watch Outside New Zealand
The list of TVNZ channels is mentioned below:
- TVNZ 1
- TVNZ 2
- TVNZ OnDemand
- 1 News
- TVNZ Duke
TVNZ Popular Shows to Watch Outside New Zealand:
- Sunday (News/Current Affairs)
- Fair Go (Business)
- Seven Sharp (Entertainment/Current Affairs)
- Breakfast (News/Talk Show)
- Reverie (Science Fiction Drama)
- Emmerdale (Soap Opera)
- The Resident (Medical Drama)
- Whiskey Cavalier (Drama/Action)
- Shortland Street (Medical Drama/ Soap Opera)
TVNZ Popular Movies to Watch Outside New Zealand:
- An Adventure in Space and Time
- A Christmas Wish
- Burton and Taylor
- Hunt for the Wilder People
- Happy Face Killer
- Hotel Transylvania 3
- The Next Karate Kid
- Victoria Gotti: My Father’s Daughter
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople
- The Unauthorised Beverly Hills, 90210 Story
- Sione’s Wedding
FAQs on TVNZ Outside NZ
Why isn’t TVNZ isn’t working?
If TVNZ OnDemand isn’t working, update your TVNZ OnDemand app. It’s possible that you haven’t updated it recently. If you’re outside of New Zealand and want to watch TVNZ, you’ll need to purchase a reliable VPN and connect to the New Zealand server.
What is the price of TVNZ OnDemand?
TVNZ is completely free. TVNZ is a free streaming network that does not charge a thing, so there is no need to worry about paying for it.
In what countries is TVNZ available?
TVNZ is only available in New Zealand; to access TVNZ outside New Zealand, you must need a VPN subscription.
Can you watch TVNZ from Australia?
Yes, you can watch TVNZ from Australia with the help of a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Can you watch TVNZ Plus overseas?
Yes, you can watch TVNZ Plus overseas. All you need is a VPN subscription to access all TVNZ content.
How can I watch New Zealand TV in USA?
To watch TVNZ in the USA you need to get a VPN subscription; we recommend ExpressVPN.
Is TVNZ OnDemand available for free?
Yes, TVNZ OnDemand is a free streaming service that does not require a subscription.
How can I watch TVNZ outside New Zealand?
You’ll need a VPN to stream TVNZ programming from outside New Zealand because it’s only available in New Zealand, and you’ll need one to get TVNZ access in the United States. The instructions above are mentioned to assist you in watching TVNZ in the United States.
Is it safe to connect to TVNZ from anywhere in the world?
Yes, using a VPN to connect to TVNZ from anywhere in the world using a VPN is safe because this service is inaccessible outside New Zealand.
TVNZ is an amazing free online streaming service, but it is geo-blocked and disappointing for online streamers. But remember that if you want to unblock a streaming service like TVNZ, you’ll need to utilize a premium VPN. People occasionally ask if they can use a free VPN, and We always tell them no. The reason for this is that free VPN services are unreliable and leave you vulnerable.
Fortunately, use the VPN listings above to find the best VPN to start free streaming video without requiring a New Zealand visa! All praises to the best VPNs. You can watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand. We hope you find this blog useful in unblocking the geo-restriction content using a VPN.
People Also Read: