Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Does TVNZ works outside New Zealand? No, TVNZ does not works outside New Zealand. But, you can watch it anywhere if you use a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Is TVNZ available outside New Zealand? No, TVNZ is not available outside New Zealand. However, you can watch TVNZ outside New Zealand if you use a VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
[Quick Instructions] Watch TVNZ On Demand Outside New Zealand in July 2022
To watch TVNZ OnDemand outside New Zealand, simply follow the below-mentioned steps:
What is TVNZ AKA New Zealand TV?
For several years, TVNZ was the sole provider of broadcast television in New Zealand. Three, Four (now Bravo), and Maori Television joined them in 1989, 1997, and 2004 respectively. Each of these networks is available to broadcast in various capacities on the internet. Streaming services are also available from Three, Bravo, and Maori Television. They don’t have the same live broadcast possibilities as NZTV, however, they do have on-demand streaming of rebroadcast primetime shows.
However, none of these networks’ streaming services are available outside of New Zealand due to geo-blocking. So, how do you watch TVNZ outside New Zealand? The most effective method is to use a VPN.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch TVNZ on demand Outside New Zealand?
VPNs reroute your internet traffic through private servers in several countries. Because websites and streaming services such as TVNZ on demand limit traffic from outside New Zealand based on the IP address, you can gain access by connecting to a New Zealand server and so obtaining a New Zealand IP address, allowing you to use a New Zealand server so you can change your local IP address and watch geo-restricted content such as Peacock TV in Canada, CTV outside Canada, Crave TV in USA, ITV in Canada, DStv in Canada from anywhere. That’s how if you try to visit TVNZ outside of New Zealand without a VPN, you’ll see the following message:
“Whoops! Looks like you’re trying to watch from outside of New Zealand. Our videos are only available to watch within New Zealand due to rights issues.”
To bypass this geo-restriction, you need to subscribe to a VPN with New Zealand servers that uses robust protocols to avoid detection by the website so you can watch TVNZ outside New Zealand. So, if you watch your favorite geo-restricted content from anywhere with high protection and privacy you need a VPN connection. Don’t stop, keep reading, to find out the three best VPNs that work best with TVNZ.
Quick Overview – 5 Best VPNs to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 1 highly optimized server locations in New Zealand, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch TVNZ outside New Zealand. Its price offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and high-end encryption.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 13 highly optimized server locations in New Zealand, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well 20 highly optimized servers in USA. It comes with a 2-year subscription is $3.671 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This VPN has an unlimited number of concurrent connections and multiple servers in New Zealand. It has user-friendly apps and browser extensions, as well as live assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is a strict no-logs policy in place.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in NZ, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs to watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand
The VPNs listed below are the best ones to use to unblock and watch TVNZ outside New Zealand.
ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand
Without a doubt, ExpressVPN is the fastest and most dependable VPN for watching TVNZ outside New Zealand. Its servers are located in different parts of the world, giving you a wide range of options for unblocking geo-restricted content. This VPN, in fact, offers servers in 94 different countries and specializes in unblocking major streaming services like American Netflix in New Zealand, DisneyPlus in New Zealand, Hulu in Newzealand, and many more!
ExpressVPN allows you to connect up to five devices at once. This is simple to accomplish thanks to the numerous user-friendly apps and browser extensions available. With just one click, you can connect to a server. If you encounter any problems, ExpressVPN provides outstanding customer service. Email and live chat are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can try this service for 30 days and get your money back if you don’t like it.
ExpressVPN not only offers lightning-fast speeds, but it also offers a high level of security. This VPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, where there are no statutory data retention rules (ExpressVPN, for example, does not maintain any user-identifying logs). Your data is protected with 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS and IPv6 leak protection.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access TVNZ outside New Zealand
CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services. The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats. CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff. The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
NordVPN – Well-rounded VPN to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand
With over 5,500 servers at the time of writing, is one of the largest VPNs on the market. NordVPN is a wonderful option if you want to view TVNZ outside New Zealand. This is due to the fact that it has over 450 servers.
Many of these servers are optimized for peer-to-peer file sharing, while others provide enhanced privacy or allow you to bypass internet limitations. Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and HBO Max may all be unblocked using this service. It also allows you to connect to up to six devices at the same time.
Apart from providing live chat assistance 24 hours a day, NordVPN has all of the necessary security protections to secure your privacy. 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch feature are all included. Furthermore, NordVPN adheres to a stringent no-logs policy.
You can also watch the following channels with NordVPN:
Surfshark – Pocket-Friendly VPN to Watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand
It’s a great deal because it allows you to connect an unlimited number of devices at the same time. Without a doubt, this VPN is ideal for sharing with family. Hundreds of countries, along with the servers to unblocks Netflix, HBO Max, and Hulu. Its IP address allows you to unblock TVNZ while connecting to US servers unblocking Netflix, HBO Max, Disney Plus, and Hulu.
Surfshark’s ease of use is one of its key features. The apps are well-made and allow you to connect to a server in a matter of seconds. Customer service is likewise quick and polite, with live chat available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This is a no-logs VPN that doesn’t keep track of your internet activities. 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill button are just a few of the security features. The MultiHop functionality in Surfshark allows you to route traffic across many servers for added security.
You can also watch the following channels with Surfshark:
AtlasVPN –Pocket-Friendly VPN to access TVNZ Outside New Zealand
AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee. It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
How to Subscribe to TVNZ Outside New Zealand
You can easily sign up for a TVNZ account by following the below easy steps:
- Connect to the New Zealand server using a reputable VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Visit the official TVNZ website.
- The login option shows on the top right of your screen when you tap it.
- Now, select Sign-Up from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in all of the essential information and check the box next to “I Agree to the House Rules,” then click the Sign-Up button.
- Your TVNZ account has been created, and you’re ready to begin watching TVNZ!
Can you use a free VPN to watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand?
Free VPN with New Zealand servers can unblock TVNZ, but they are likely to provide poor performance. One of the most prevalent issues with free VPNs is that their server networks are quite limited, especially when compared to the number of users that’s why streaming is extremely slow, with a lot of buffering and lag. In fact, free VPNs engage in bandwidth tampering.
You’ll also notice that most free VPNs are lacking in features. For example, it is unlikely that you will be able to connect to numerous devices at the same time or provide customer service. Such limits extend to security, where you can discover that your data isn’t encrypted. Advertising is usually how a free service gets the money.
There are no exceptions when it comes to free VPNs. Some free VPNs prefer to log your behavior and sell personal information to third parties. Free VPNs are, in general, far inferior than the best VPNs that we have mentioned above.
Why is my TVNZ on Demand continuously buffering?
If you are constantly experiencing the buffering issue, it means there is a technical glitch or problem with either the TVNZ on-demand app or your internet service provider (ISP). There might be a possibility that you are connecting so many devices with a single internet connection via a router.
- Therefore, you are facing buffering issues while watching your favorite content. By following Below-mentioned steps you can resolve the buffering issues:
- You should try to uninstall the TVNZ on Demand app.
- Once you have uninstalled the app from your device, you should install TVNZ on Demand app again.
- You should restart your Computer or laptop and restart after 30 seconds.
- Turn on your Computer or Laptop and try to access TVNZ on demand again.
How can you Chromecast TVNZ on Demand?
The latest Android and iOS apps of TVNZ on-demand support Google Chromecast. Before using Chromecast with the app, you must ensure that you are using the latest versions of TVNZ on Demand Android and iOS apps.
If you want to cast to Chromecast through your PC/Laptop, you will need to cast a Chrome browser tab to Chromecast first. This way, you can mirror what is on your screen to the TV.
You should see a little cast icon on the top right side of your browser window, which is available to the right of the URL bar. Now, you should select the Chromecast device you wish to cast to, As a result, the icon will turn blue.
Compatible Devices with TVNZ Outside New Zealand
Below are the devices that are compatible with TVNZ outside New Zealand:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
TVNZ for Android users
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in New Zealand.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the TVNZ app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, TVNZ is now available on your Android device.
TVNZ for iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in New Zealand.
- Search for TVNZ in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
TVNZ for Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select TVNZ on the Roku home screen and you are good to go.
TVNZ for PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download TVNZ on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for the “TVNZ” app.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- TVNZ has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
TVNZ for Xbox Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download TVNZ on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for the “TVNZ” app in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
TVNZ for Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with TVNZ. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in New Zealand after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the TVNZ add-on on Kodi to start watching.
TVNZ for Firestick Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download TVNZ on your Firestick device:
- Startup your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to NZ server.
- Enter the word ‘TVNZ’ and press enter.
- The ‘TVNZ app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the TVNZ app has been installed, open it.
- Open the TVNZ app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching TVNZ on Firestick outside New Zealand.
TVNZ for Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the TVNZ app and you are done.
TVNZ for Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the TVNZ app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
TVNZ for PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the TVNZ website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching TVNZ, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What to Watch on TVNZ Outside New Zealand?
TVNZ provides a diverse range of shows on its channel. Check out the following list of TVNZ channels, popular movies, and TV shows:
TVNZ Channels to Watch Outside New Zealand
The list of TVNZ channels is mentioned below:
- TVNZ 1
- TVNZ 2
- TVNZ OnDemand
- 1 News
- TVNZ Duke
TVNZ Popular Shows to Watch Outside New Zealand:
- Sunday (News/Current Affairs)
- Fair Go (Business)
- Seven Sharp (Entertainment/Current Affairs)
- Breakfast (News/Talk Show)
- Reverie (Science Fiction Drama)
- Emmerdale (Soap Opera)
- The Resident (Medical Drama)
- Whiskey Cavalier (Drama/Action)
- Shortland Street (Medical Drama/ Soap Opera)
TVNZ Popular Movies to Watch Outside New Zealand:
- An Adventure in Space and Time
- A Christmas Wish
- Burton and Taylor
- Hunt for the Wilder People
- Happy Face Killer
- Hotel Transylvania 3
- The Next Karate Kid
- Victoria Gotti: My Father’s Daughter
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople
- The Unauthorised Beverly Hills, 90210 Story
- Sione’s Wedding
FAQs on TVNZ Outside NZ
TVNZ is an amazing free online streaming service, but it is geo-blocked, which is disappointing for online streamers. But keep in mind that if you want to unblock a streaming service like TVNZ, you’ll need to utilize a premium VPN. People occasionally ask if they can use a free VPN, and I always tell them no. The reason for this is because free VPN services are unreliable and leave you vulnerable.
Fortunately, use the VPN listings above to find the best VPN to start free streaming video without requiring a New Zealand visa! All praises to the best VPNs, you can watch TVNZ Outside New Zealand. I hope you find this blog to be useful in unblocking the geo-restriction content using a VPN.
People Also Read: