Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Can you watch TVNZ in Australia? Yes, you can watch TVNZ in Australia but only if you use a VPN to access and unblock TVNZ in Australia. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Is TVNZ available in Australia? No, TVNZ is not available in Australia. However, you can watch it with a VPN with New Zealand servers. We recommend ExpressVPN.
This article will learn about TVNZ, its restrictions, and how to bypass them. Keep reading!
How To Watch TVNZ in Australia? [Quick Guide February 2024]
To watch TVNZ in Australia, follow the below-mentioned steps:
What is TVNZ?
New Zealand TV, also known as TVNZ, is a state-owned television network that broadcasts its exclusive content throughout New Zealand. The channel features some exciting and popular TV shows and movies only available on TVNZ.
Unfortunately, it means that you will not be allowed access to TVNZ if you are traveling to another country or currently living elsewhere.
Why do you Need a VPN To Access TVNZ in Australia?
TVNZ is exclusively available in New Zealand, limited to its region. New Zealand has put some restrictions so that there is no breaking of security protocols. So, if you are currently in Australia and you wish to access TVNZ in Australia, you must subscribe to a premium VPN; otherwise, if you access it without a VPN, you will get the following error message:
“Whoops! It looks like you’re trying to watch from outside of New Zealand. Unfortunately, our videos are only available to watch within New Zealand due to rights issues.”
To bypass these limitations, you need a streaming VPN that can make you anonymous online and allow you to change your location to a region of your preference. VPNs will help you bypass these restrictions and enable you to watch Vudu in Australia, ITV in Australia, Hulu in Australia, and even Peacock TV in Australia.
3 Best VPNs to Watch TVNZ in Australia [Quick Overview February 2024]
Below we have mentioned 3 best VPNs for TVNZ:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers worldwide and 1 server in New Zealand. You can purchase ExpressVPN’s annual subscription for $6.67/month and get 3 months free. You will also get a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN: It has 5700+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. 20+ New Zealand VPN servers. You can purchase NordVPN for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It has 3200+ servers in 100 countries with 1 server location in New Zealand. You can buy Surfshark for $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 2 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Criteria for Choosing the Best VPN to Watch TVNZ in Australia
Many VPN services offer a wide range of features, but to access TVNZ in Australia, you must subscribe to a premium VPN; below is the checklist you need to tick before subscribing to any VPN.
- Have the potential to unblock TVNZ in Australia and other streaming channels like Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more.
- It holds a vast range of NZ servers to unblock global content and sites.
- Fast speed to stream videos in high quality without lagging.
- Follow a strict no-logs policy and provide strong encryption to protect your data.
- It offers a money-back guarantee to avail of the subscription for a trial before subscribing.
- It offers the best customer service so the user can get the solution for any query.
3 Recommended VPNs for watching TVNZ in Australia [Updated Feb 2024]
Team RantEnt has tested 50+ VPNs and sorted out the 3 best VPNs for streaming TVNZ in Australia:
ExpressVPN – The Top VPN to Watch TVNZ in Australia
- Built-in speed: Express VPN allows you to check your web speed. It has a built-in rate test checker. Their fastest servers are operating in New Zealand.
- Standard of encryption: Express VPN uses an AES 256-bit encryption, which is considered the highest standard of encryption that cannot break easily.
- Kill switch feature: Furthermore, it has advanced security features, including DNS leak, Split tunneling, and kill switch features.
- Complete Protection: ExpressVPN provides full protection, as it doesn’t monitor the IP address you are connecting from. For instance, your login time, the IP you’re using, any traffic, or any data concerning the pages are safe.
- Subscription Plan: The cost of ExpressVPN is a bit higher than many of its competitors, but worth it. ExpressVPN’s best plan, which we recommend, is priced at $6.67/month for an annual package that includes three months free. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
- Double protection
- Kill Switch Feature
- Split tunneling supports
- A large number of servers with fast speeds
- Verified and audited “No-Logs” Policy
- Expensive than other VPNs but worth it.
NordVPN – Trustworthy VPN to watch TVNZ in Australia
- Fast Servers: It offers a huge server network, with over 5200+ servers across the globe. Its fast servers can easily bypass the firewalls of any geo-restricted site, including YouTube TV, Amazon Prime, and HBO MAX, which is just amazing.
- High tunneling protocol: Nordlynx is software used by NordVPN as a tunneling protocol that supplies ultimate fast connections, no matter wherever you are. It prevents the internet speed from slowing down.
- Advanced Security: NordVPN provides advanced security with AES 256-bit encryption, trusted Server technology, automatic kill switch, split tunneling, no IP address leaks, and complete privacy.
- Double Protection: NordVPN provides its users an extra layer of protection by changing their IP address twice and encrypting their web traffic.
- Subscription plan: NordVPN is cheaper than most VPNs available for $3.19/mo. for a 2-year subscription and get 3 extra months. The plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fastest VPN
- Safe Internet connection
- Easy to use
- Uninterrupted streaming
- Access on multiple devices
- The app is a bit slow
- Some Downtime Issue
Surfshark – Low-Budget VPN to Watch TVNZ in Australia
- Unique security techniques: Surfshark secures your identity from hackers by deleting any hint of your private information and browsing history with each reboot.
- Global Servers: Surfshark also offers over 3200 servers in over 65 countries, unlimited simultaneous connections at exceptionally high speed and many servers – over 3200 in over 65 countries with no logs policy.
- Secure Protocols: Surfshark uses AES-256 encryption, plus the secure protocols OpenVPN UDP and TCP, IKEv2, and Wire Guard that encrypts your internet traffic completely.
- Split Tunneling: If you want to access both foreign and local services simultaneously, Surfshark offers a split tunneling feature that allows you to be available abroad and be updated with local news.
- Subscription plan: Surfshark offers a great $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription, which undercuts just about every premium VPN.
- Safe to use
- No data leaks
- Split tunneling supports
- Double protection
- Dodgy Customer Service
- Requires a broader audit
Can We Use a Free VPN to Access TVNZ in Australia?
Yes, you can watch TVN in Australia with a Free VPN, but they are unsafe. Free things always come with risks. This time, the bet will be your data. As free VPNs don’t provide enough security, they might leak your data and sell it to advertisement agencies. Furthermore, it will disturb thousands of ads; it doesn’t have high bandwidth, so you might not stream smoothly.
So, Can I get TVNZ in Australia? Yes, you can easily get TVNZ in Australia by subscribing to a premium VPN like (ExpressVPN) and enjoying your favorite content in one go.
How to Subscribe to TVNZ in Australia
Wondering how do I watch NZ TV in Australia? To watch TVNZ Australia, you first need to sign up; you can easily sign up for a TVNZ account by following the below easy steps:
- Connect to the New Zealand server using a reputable VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Visit the official TVNZ website.
- The login option shows on the top right of your screen when you tap it.
- Now, select Sign-Up from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in all the essential information and check the box next to “I Agree to the House Rules,” then click the Sign-Up button.
- Your TVNZ account has been created, and you’re ready to begin watching TVNZ.
TVNZ Channels to Stream on TVNZ in Australia
We have listed the channel list of TVNZ below:
- TVNZ 1
- TVNZ 2
- TVNZ OnDemand
- 1 News
- TVNZ Duke
Popular Shows to Watch TVNZ in Australia
TVNZ also features the latest TV shows; we have mentioned some of them below:
- Person of Interest
- 800 Words
- The Bad Seed
- Killing Eve
- MasterChef Australia
- Doctor Doctor
- A Place to Call Home
- 2 Broken Girls
- The Resident
- Home and Away
- The Mentalist
- The Nest
- Normal People
Popular Movies to Watch TVNZ in Australia
The following is the list of best movies available on TVNZ, and you can stream it on TVNZ in Australia using a VPN:
- 7 Boxes
- Murder to Remember
- A Killer Among Us
- A War Story
- Before We Vanish
- Double lover
- Black Widow
Device Compatibility of TVNZ In Australia
Following are the devices that are compatible with watching TVNZ in Australia:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to Watch TVNZ in Australia on Android?
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in New Zealand.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the TVNZ app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, TVNZ is now available on your Android device.
How to Watch TVNZ in Australia on iOS?
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in New Zealand.
- Search for TVNZ in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to stream your favorite shows.
How to Watch TVNZ in Australia on Roku?
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to the New Zealand server.
- Now, insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select TVNZ on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
How to Watch TVNZ in Australia on PS3/PS4?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download TVNZ on PS3/PSFirst, go
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for the “TVNZ” app.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- TVNZ has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
How to Watch TVNZ in Australia on Xbox?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download TVNZ on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Then, search for the “TVNZ” app in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Click the “Install” button.
How to Watch TVNZ in Australia on Kodi?
- Install a VPN that is compatible with TVNZ. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Now, toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in New Zealand after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the TVNZ add-on on Kodi to start watching.
How to Watch TVNZ in Australia on FireStick?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download TVNZ on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources, download ExpressVPN, and connect to the NZ server.
- Enter the word ‘TVNZ’ and press enter.
- The ‘TVNZ app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the TVNZ app has been installed, open it.
- Open the TVNZ app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching TVNZ on Firestick in Australia.
How to Watch TVNZ in Australia on AppleTV?
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your Network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the TVNZ app, and you are done.
How to Watch TVNZ in Australia on Smart TV?
Can you Watch TVNZ in Australia on Smart TV? Yes, you can watch TVNZ in Australia all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the TVNZ app on your smart TV and create a free account to start watching.
How to Watch TVNZ in Australia on PC?
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the TVNZ website, sign up for an account, or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching TVNZ, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
How to watch TVNZ on demand in Australia?
Does TVNZ OnDemand work in Australia? No, TVNZ on demand doesn’t work in Australia. To watch TVNZ OnDemand in Australia, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit ExpressVPN and register for a premium account.
- Install the app on your phone.
- Turn on the VPN after logging into your account.
- Open a server for Australia.
- As a local, use TVNZ On Demand.
- Now, enjoy your material!
FAQs About TVNZ in Australia
Can you get TVNZ in Australia?
Yes, you can get TVNZ in Australia by Subscribing to a Premium VPN. (We highly recommend you ExpressVPN).
How can you watch TVNZ On Demand?
Download the TVNZ OnDemand app to stream content or cast to your TV to stream on the big screen. Visit the App Store (for iPad or iPhone) or the Play Store (for Android smartphones or tablets). Watch TVNZ OnDemand on your laptop or desktop computer.
Does TVNZ work in Australia?
No, TVNZ doesn’t work in Australia as it is based in New Zealand, but by subscribing to a reliable VPN, you can access TVNZ in Australia.
Is it safe to connect to TVNZ in Australia?
Yes, TVNZ is safe to connect from Australia if you use a VPN. Without a VPN, you cannot access this service in Australia because it is geo-restricted.
How can I watch TVNZ outside NZ?
To watch TVNZ outside NZ, you need a VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
Does TVNZ work overseas?
No, TVNZ doesn’t work overseas, which means you will need a VPN to watch TVNZ overseas.
Do we have to pay for TVNZ in Australia?
No, you can watch TVNZ in Australia for free as it is a Free-to-air commercial streaming channel, but you have to purchase a VPN subscription to access TVNZ in Australia.
So, now you know that by using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, you can easily access TVNZ in Australia. Keep binge-watching your favorite content.
Be more familiar: