Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Are you anxiously waiting for a solution to how to watch TVNZ in Canada? As it is geo-restricted outside New Zealand, the most effective method to unblock TVNZ in Canada is to use a premium VPN.
In this article, you will get to know everything about how to use a Premium VPN to enjoy binge-watching your favorite content on TVNZ in Canada.
How to Watch TVNZ in Canada [Quick Instructions]
To watch TVNZ OnDemand in Canada, go through the below-mentioned steps:
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch TVNZ in Canada?
TVNZ is a geo-blocked service that cannot be accessed in Canada. When you try to access TVNZ from any other location except New Zealand, their server detects your area through your IP and DNS and restricts your access. So whenever you try to access TVNZ in Canada, you will be watching an error message which says:
“Whoops! It looks like you’re trying to watch from outside of New Zealand. Our videos are only available to watch within New Zealand due to rights issues.”
However, a VPN is your savior in this situation as it reroutes your internet traffic through private servers in several countries. So it will change your IP address to New Zealand’s IP address by faking your identity, allowing you to watch geo-restricted content such as TVNZ in Canada, Peacock TV in Canada, CTV outside Canada, Crave TV in USA, ITV in Canada, Dstv in Canada from anywhere.
Quick Overview – 5 Best VPNs to Watch TVNZ in Canada
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 1 highly optimized server locations in New Zealand, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch TVNZ in Canada. Its price offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and high-end encryption.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 13 highly optimized server locations in New Zealand, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well 20 highly optimized servers in NZ. It comes with a 2-year subscription is $3.671 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This VPN has an unlimited number of concurrent connections and multiple servers in New Zealand. It has user-friendly apps and browser extensions, as well as live assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is a strict no-logs policy in place.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and multiple highly optimized server locations in NZ, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
What is TVNZ?
All the more regularly referred to as TVNZ, TV New Zealand is a television network broadcasted only in New Zealand. All of its as of now working channels are free to air. TVNZ was the sole broadcast television provider in New Zealand for many years. Three, Four (now Bravo), and Maori Television joined them in 1989, 1997, and 2004. Each of these networks is available to broadcast in various capacities on the internet. However, they do have on-demand streaming of rebroadcast primetime shows.
Unfortunately, none of these networks are available in Canada to stream due to geo-restrictions. So the question here arises that how to watch TVNZ in Canada? The most effective method is to use a premium VPN.
Criteria for Choosing the Best VPN to Watch TVNZ in Canada:
Choosing for a VPN might sound easy to you but there is a lot of competition, there are many VPN services which are offering great user interfaces but here, Team Rantent is going to explain to you the criteria which you should know before selecting a VPN for watching TVNZ in Canada.
- Have the potential to unblock Vudu in Australia, and other streaming channels like Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more.
- Holds a vast range of US servers to unblock global content and sites.
- Fast speed to stream videos in high quality without lagging.
- Strict no-logs policy and provide strong encryption to protect your data.
- It offers a money-back guarantee so you can avail of the subscription for a trial before subscribing.
- Best customer service so that the user can get the solution for any query.
5 Best Recommended VPNs for watching TVNZ in Canada [Updated May 2022]
Team Rantent have tested 50+ VPNs and sorted out 5 best VPNs for streaming TVNZ in Canada:
ExpressVPN – The Fastest VPN to Watch TVNZ in Canada
- Built-in speed: Express VPN allows you to check your web speed. Their fastest servers are operating in New Zealand.
- Standard of encryption: Express VPN uses an AES 256-bit encryption, which is considered the highest standard of encryption that cannot break easily.
- Kill switch feature: Furthermore, it has advanced security features, including DNS leak, Split tunneling, and kill switch features.
- Complete Protection: ExpressVPN provides you full protection, as it doesn’t monitor the IP address you are connecting from. For instance, your login time, the IP you’re using, any of your traffic, or any data concerning the pages are safe.
- Subscription Plan: The cost of ExpressVPN is a bit higher than many of its competitors but worth it. ExpressVPN’s best plan, which we recommend, is priced at $6.67 a month for an annual package that includes three months free. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
- Double protection
- Kill Switch Feature
- Split tunneling supports
- A large number of servers with fast speeds
- Verified & Audited “No-Logs” Policy
- expensive than other VPNs but worth it.
CyberGhost – Secure VPN to Access TVNZ in Canada
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries. Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all viruses.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunnelling that ensures you protect your data completely.
- CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
- Multiple protocols
- 24/7 assistance
- Worldwide servers
- Fast speed
- Limited payment options
NordVPN – Trustworthy VPN to watch TVNZ in Canada:
- Fast Servers: It offers a huge server network, with over 5200+ servers across the globe. Its fast servers can easily bypass the firewalls of any geo-restricted site, including YouTube TV, Amazon Prime, and HBO MAX, which is just amazing.
- High tunneling protocol: Nordlynx is software used by NordVPN as a tunneling protocol that supplies ultimate fast connections, no matter wherever you are. It prevents the internet speed from slowing down.
- Advanced Security: NordVPN provides advanced security with AES 256-bit encryption, trusted Server technology, automatic kill switch, split tunneling, no IP address leaks, and complete privacy.
- Double Protection: NordVPN provides its users with an extra layer of protection by changing their IP address twice and encrypting their web traffic.
- Subscription plan: NordVPN is cheaper than most VPNs. In addition, you can save a 68% discount while subscribing to their 24 monthly plans, which is $3.71/per month.
- Fastest VPN
- Safe Internet connection
- Easy to use
- Uninterrupted streaming
- Access on multiple devices
- The app is a bit slow
- Some Downtime Issue
Surfshark – Reliable VPN to Watch TVNZ in Canada:
- Unique security techniques: Surfshark secures your identity from hackers by deleting any hint of your private information and browsing history with each reboot.
- Global Servers: Surfshark also offers over 3200 servers in over 65 countries unlimited simultaneous connections at exceptionally high speed and many servers – over 3200 in over 65 countries with no logs policy.
- Secure Protocols: Surfshark uses AES-256 encryption, plus the secure protocols OpenVPN UDP and TCP, IKEv2, and Wire Guard that encrypts your internet traffic completely.
- Split Tunneling: If you want to access both foreign and local services simultaneously, Surfshark offers you a feature of split tunneling that allows you to be available abroad and be updated with local news.
- Subscription plan: Surfshark offers a great 24-month subscription plan for just $2.49 a month, which undercuts just about every other premium VPN.
- Safe to use
- No data leaks
- Split tunneling supports
- Double protection
- Dodgy Customer Service
- Requires a broader audit
AtlasVPN– Low on pocket VPN to access TVNZ in Canada
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee.
- It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption
- Fast and easy to set up
- Safe security protocols
- Built-in breach tracker
- You have to go premium if you need better speed and fewer ads.
TVNZ Channels to Watch TVNZ in Canada
The list of TVNZ channels is mentioned below:
- TVNZ 1
- TVNZ 2
- TVNZ OnDemand
- 1 News
- TVNZ Duke
Popular Shows to Watch TVNZ in Canada:
- Sunday (News/Current Affairs)
- Fair Go (Business)
- Seven Sharp (Entertainment/Current Affairs)
- Breakfast (News/Talk Show)
- Reverie (Science Fiction Drama)
- Emmerdale (Soap Opera)
- The Resident (Medical Drama)
- Whiskey Cavalier (Drama/Action)
- Shortland Street (Medical Drama/ Soap Opera)
Popular Movies to Watch TVNZ in Canada:
The following is the list of best movies available on TVNZ, and you can stream it in Canada using a VPN:
- 7 Boxes
- Murder to Remember
- A Killer Among Us
- A War Story
- Before We Vanish
- Double lover
- Black Widow
Device Compatibility of TVNZ In Canada:
Following are the devices that are compatible to watch TVNZ in Canada:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
TVNZ for Android users
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in New Zealand.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the TVNZ app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, TVNZ is now available on your Android device.
TVNZ for iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in New Zealand.
- Search for TVNZ in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
TVNZ for Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select TVNZ on the Roku home screen and you are good to go.
TVNZ for PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download TVNZ on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for the “TVNZ” app.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- TVNZ has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
TVNZ for Xbox Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download TVNZ on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for the “TVNZ” app in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
TVNZ for Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with TVNZ. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in New Zealand after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the TVNZ add-on on Kodi to start watching.
TVNZ for Firestick Users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download TVNZ on your Firestick device:
- Startup your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to NZ server.
- Enter the word ‘TVNZ’ and press enter.
- The ‘TVNZ app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the TVNZ app has been installed, open it.
- Open the TVNZ app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching TVNZ on Firestick in Australia.
TVNZ for Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the TVNZ app and you are done.
TVNZ for Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the TVNZ app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
TVNZ for PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the TVNZ website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching TVNZ, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
Is TVNZ available in Canada?
No, Unfortunately TVNZ is not available in Canada because of the geo-restrictions imposed by New Zealand’s government so that there are no copyrights issues. But yes you can access TVNZ within Canada by using a premium VPN, we suggest you ExpressVPN.
Do you have to pay for TVNZ in Canada?
No, because TVNZ is a commercial On-demand streaming channel, they run ads to earn and its service is free for its viewers.
Does TVNZ have an app?
Why is TVNZ not working?
Why does TVNZ On Demand keep buffering?
If you have come to the end, we guarantee you that your query about how to watch TVNZ in Canada must be clear. By using a premium VPN, you can easily stream your favorite content in the geo-restricted areas without buffering at all. We highly recommend you subscribe to ExpressVPN.