Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
This article is here to help you find out the best VPN for BBC iPlayer anywhere, as I have listed the 3 best VPN for BBC iPlayer that are capable of doing the job when it comes to bypassing geo-restricted streaming platforms.
Since BBC iPlayer is geo-restricted outside UK, a premium VPN will help you bypass its geo-restrictions and access BBC iPlayer outside UK or from anywhere in the world. So, without further ado, take a look at the 3 best VPN for BBC iPlayer!
Top 3 Best VPN for BBC iPlayer [Quick Overview]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 3 Best VPN for BBC iPlayer:
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 4 highly optimized server locations in UK, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch BBC iPlayer. Its price offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and a high-end encryption.
- Surfshark: It is the Best VPN for BBC iPlayer that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 3 highly optimized UK servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- NordVPN: This one is a reliable BBC iPlayer VPN with 440+ servers in 1 location in UK for unblocking geo-restricted platforms in the United States. It comes with a 2-year subscription is $3.67 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3 Best VPN for BBC iPlayer:
Based on a number of essential factors, I have created a list of the 3 Best VPN for BBC iPlayer that function best with geo-restriction. So, with just one click, you can subscribe to any of the names listed below for uninterrupted yet safe streaming of your favorite British content with an extensive library.
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Unblock BBC iPlayer
- 256-bit AES encryption
- No activity logs or connection logs
- Unblocks content from around the globe
- Applications for every device
- IP address masking
- Anonymous browsing
- OpenVPN and other protocols
- 148 server locations
- Built-in speed test feature
- Zero-knowledge DNS
ExpressVPN has over 3,000 servers in 94 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to 5 simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
It has incredibly fast speeds, with an average of 226 Mbps. ExpressVPN has its exclusive Lightway system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
ExpressVPN also includes SmartDNS (MediaStreamer), allowing you to watch and access Best Disney Plus VPNs and Best VPN for Netflix from anywhere in the world, even if your device doesn’t support VPN connections.
If you’re concerned about your online privacy, ExpressVPN offers military-grade encryption to protect your data.
ExpressVPN’s prices start from $6.67/month, but it does come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try out its free trial before committing to its monthly or yearly packages.
Surfshark – Fastest VPN to Watch BBC iPlayer
- Browser Extensions
- IKEv2/IPSec tunneling
- SHA512 authentication hash
- 2048-bit DHE-RSA key exchange
Surfshark has over 3200 servers from 65 different countries. Surfshark uses the WireGuard tunneling method to protect your data.
This cost-effective VPN is also awarded as a ‘Shining Star’ in the VPN industry because it is able to secure a position in a much shorter time using highly optimized servers located in three distinct locations around the United Kingdom, which is very remarkable!
This cost-effective VPN also allows for an unlimited amount of multi-logins, so you can share your account with as many people as you want. You can also use Surfshark to watch BBC iPlayer in Canada or unblock to BBC iPlayer in Ireland With a VPN.
Surfshark costs $2.49 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices. Surfshark also comes with 30 days to request a hassle-free refund.
Surfshark also features highly safe security protocols and policies including OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Unblock BBC iPlayer
- Servers in 62 countries
- Applications for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac
- CyberSec – blocks ads, trackers, and malware domains
- Onion Over VPN – allowing clients to surf anonymously on the dark web
- Double VPN servers to encrypt your data twice
- Smart Play.
This reliable VPN has 5,500+ servers in 59 countries across the world, which means that you’ll be able to access BBC iPlayer in USA from anywhere in the world including and others with the ability to unblock BBC iPlayer in Australia every streaming service.
NordVPN is known for well-known for its dependability, efficiently functioning servers, and richly poured VPN service provider.
It includes security protocols and policies such as AES-256-bit encryption, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, Zero-log policy, and NordLynx, that’s a customized feature in this VPN that is a duplicate of WireGuard and serves comparable purposes.
This VPN also uses AES 256-bit encryption and a rigorous no-logs policy to ensure that no IP or DNS information is exposed. This VPN is popular because of additional features such as a kill switch, dedicated streaming mode, and a user-friendly UI.
NordVPN’s 2-year subscription costs $4.89 per month. With NordVPN, up to 6 connections can be active at the same time.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer with a Premium VPN in 2021?
Follow these 4 steps, to get a VPN connection installed on your portable devices:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN connection. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device and sign up/log in to the VPN app.
- Select a UK server from the list of servers.
- Visit BBC iPlayer’s official website or app on your device.
- Enter the Required Information to sign up and wait for a Confirmation Email, once you received the confirmation email, log in with those credentials and start streaming BBC iPlayer outside UK.
Does BBC iPlayer Block VPNs?
BBC became more effective at blocking VPNs by employing enhanced tracking, active scans, and other VPN-hunting methods. Many VPNs are no longer functional, and those that require a minor adjustment. Best VPN for BBC iPlayer are detected and blocked for a variety of reasons, the majority of which have to do with your genuine location, such as the following:
- Your VPN isn’t doing a good enough job of hiding your IP address. Some VPNs hide your IPv4 address but keep your IPv6 address visible. Virtual servers used by your VPN may reveal you are true location.
- To save money, some VPNs use virtual servers instead of investing in physical servers in each location.
- Your GPS position is being displayed on your smartphone. This is in direct conflict with your virtual position in the United Kingdom and is easily detectable.
- Cookies on your computer or mobile device are revealing your exact location to BBC iPlayer.
- BBC iPlayer has placed your VPN’s servers on a blacklist. If your VPN has a tiny server network, this is more likely. With a huge server network, blocking VPNs is far more difficult for BBC iPlayer.
- Your VPN lacks the power to keep up with the ever-changing geo-blocks on BBC iPlayer.
Some of these issues are solved by the techniques and tricks that are listed above, but it’s ultimately up to your VPN provider to offer you a VPN service that’s strong enough to bypass geo-restrictions. If you’ve tried all of my suggestions and are still getting the error message, the issue is most likely your VPN.
That’s why I highly recommend you to subscribe to ExpressVPN to watch BBC iPlayer anywhere. It provides a 30-day money-back guarantee, lightning-fast bandwidth, and a large network, including several servers in the United Kingdom that can access BBC iPlayer.
Criteria to Choose the Best VPN for BBC iPlayer
Below I am mentioning some of the important factors that were looked at before listing down the 3 best VPN for BBC iPlayer:
- Many VPNs that claim to be able to unblock Prime Video are unable to get through the service’s powerful anti-VPN algorithms. Above VPNs have the capacity to frequently alter the IP addresses of their servers. These are the only people who have access to every BBC iPlayer content from anywhere in the world.
- You’ll be able to access the new BBC iPlayer catalogs with more servers in more countries, giving you access to thousands of movies and Best TV shows on BBC iPlayer from around the world. So, the above-mentioned VPN has a larger server of the network that also allows you to simply switch to another VPN server if yours is blocked.
- If your internet connection is too slow, unblocking BBC iPlayer anywhere in the world won’t let you enjoy a high-quality viewing experience. The minimum HD streaming standards were met by all of the VPNs on my list. Most are significantly faster, and some even have dedicated streaming servers.
- The VPNs on my list have easy-to-use and user-friendly apps, even if you’ve never used one before. All that remains is for you to select a nation and press the Connect button.
- Every VPN on my list has a substantial money-back guarantee, allowing you to try the above-listed VPNs out without committing to a long-term contract.
Can I use a free VPN to watch BBC iPlayer anywhere
A free VPN can unblock BBC iPlayer anywhere, but I would never recommend using one again because they have few servers and a large user base, and they deliver poor speeds while watching the BBC iPlayer or any other geo-blocked service in the United States.
Furthermore, even if you find a free VPN that unblocks BBC iPlayer, you may encounter extreme buffering and poor video quality due to free VPN data limits. There aren’t many servers to connect to, and there aren’t many functions to use. You should also keep in mind that VPNs must make money in some way, and if it isn’t through a monthly fee, it is typically through annoying advertisements. Worse, some free VPNs have been found to infect your devices with malware, and some free VPNs have been found to sell your personal information to third parties.
- 15 Kbps for low quality
- 3 Mbps for standard definition (480p)
- 5 Mbps for high definition (720p)
BBC iPlayer has some of the most challenging and difficult to bypass geo-restrictions as compared to any other streaming platform, so not every VPN is powerful enough to access BBC iPlayer or from anywhere in the world.
All of the Best VPN for BBC iPlayer on this list have been verified to strongly bypass its geo-blocking. So, what are you waiting for? Pick one of the above-mentioned VPNs to unblock any of your favorite streaming platforms.
People Also Read: