Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Many VPN providers will offer you the services of watching Sky Go in Australia. Still, we have surveyed the 3 best VPNs. That will help you access Sky Go in Australia and let you watch your favorite sports, movies, on-demand shows, and documentaries without any hassle.
How to watch Sky Go in Australia [Quick Guide]
To watch Sky Go in Australia, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN and sign up for it (I highly recommend ExpressVPN as it has the fastest servers in UK).
- Download and Install the VPN app.
- Log in to the VPN app using your user ID and password.
- Go and select the UK server from the servers list.
- Visit the official website of Sky Go, and you will have access to stream its amazing content.
Why Do You Need A VPN For Watching Sky Go Outside UK?
Sky Go is a UK-based television network restricted outside the UK region due to copyright licensing issues. If you try to access their services from Australia, they will track your IP address and instantly block you from watching their content. Whenever you try to watch Sky Go in Australia without a VPN, you will get the following geo-restricted message:
“Sky Go is only available to users connecting from within the UK or Republic of Ireland; unfortunately, we cannot confirm that you are within these territories at the moment. Please retry later.”
That’s why you must use a VPN service with a UK IP address that can encrypt your internet traffic and hide your real identity so you can fool Sky Go that you are UK-based. Now, take a look at the 3 best VPNs that can help you watch Sky Go in Australia:
Quick Overview – Top 3 VPNs to Watch Sky Go in Australia
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 25 highly optimized server locations in the UK. ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Sky Go anywhere. Its price offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and high-end encryption.
- Surfshark: The best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch Sky Go in the UK or from anywhere in the world. It offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 optimized UK servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- NordVPN: This is reliable, with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries and 15 highly optimized servers in the UKA. It comes with a 2-year subscription of $3.71 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3 Best VPNs for watching Sky Go in Australia [Updated 2022]
To watch Sky Go in Australia, you’ll need a VPN. Here is the list of our suggested VPNs.
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Sky Go in Australia
- ExpressVPN offers excessive speed and a reputation for reliability and security. It guarantees no lagging and a fast connection with more than 3,000 servers across 160 locations.
- The built-in speed test in Express VPN lets you see how fast your VPN is going and gives you the surety to choose another server that works better for you easily. It has a total of 29 high-speed servers located around the United States.
- Express VPN is a proven VPN tested on websites such as IPLeak and DNS leak, but it proved that it does not leak any data and information is safe and secure.
- They have very professional customer service that is available 24/7. You can contact them by live chat or email; they are experts and can talk about any technical issue.
- ExpressVPN does not keep track of the IP address you use to connect. For example, your login time, the IP you’re assigned, any of your traffic, or any information concerning the pages you visit.
- The cost of ExpressVPN is a bit higher than many of its competitors but worth it. ExpressVPN’s best plan, which we recommend, is priced at $6.67 a month for an annual package that includes three months free. It does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
Surfshark – Low-cost VPN to Access Sky Go in Australia
- Surfshark is one of the most affordable VPN services which offers great services.
- Surfshark provides smooth streaming without any buffering for its user interface.
- Surfshark also offers unlimited simultaneous connections, exceptionally high speed, and many servers – over 3200 in over 65 countries. So you can find the best server closest to you.
- Surfshark offers all the classic privacy measures in one place – it has AES-256 encryption, plus the secure protocols OpenVPN UDP and TCP, IKEv2, and WireGuard. In addition, Surfshark utilizes private DNS on their servers which adds an extra layer of protection to your data.
- Surfshark offers a great 24-month subscription plan for just $2.49 a month, which undercuts just about every other premium VPN. Check out their other subscription plans here.
NordVPN – The most Reliable VPN to Get Sky Go in Australia
- NordVPN is the best VPN for beginners, as It’s easy to set up and use. In addition, it boasts a massive server network, with over 1600 servers in the United States alone.
- NordVPN UKes NordLynx tunneling protocol; Nord developed itself, which provides extremely fast connections, wherever you are. It retains up to 90% of your connection speed and does not slow it down.
- NordVPN is located in Panama, which is very privacy-friendly. By default, it use Aes 256-bit AES encryption. Still, you can also enable a kill switch that assures you to fully secure your data, leaving no traces in their servers.
- NordVPN is the most reliable and cheaper than most VPNs. In addition, you can save a 68% discount while subscribing to their 24 monthly plan, which is $3.71/per month.
Can We Use a Free VPN to Watch Sky Go in Australia?
Yes, you can. But we will suggest you not use a free VPN as it lags a lot. It will annoy you by bombarding ads, slowing down your internet connectivity, and, most importantly, not being secure. It can leak your data anytime, anywhere, as the free VPN providers can track your private data, what you are doing and what you are watching. That is why we highly recommend that everyone subscribe to a safe VPN. (Like Express VPN)
Why Is Sky Go Geo-restricted in Australia?
Sky Go is a new application for its Sky Tv subscribers, which offers users to watch live sports, news, on-demand movies, recorded shows, and entertainment in the UK region. However, you can only access it in the UK as it is geo-restricted outside the UK based on geographical restrictions.
Suppose you want to watch your favorite shows while sitting in Australia. In that case, you must subscribe to a reliable VPN, and we suggest you subscribe to Express VPN.
Subscription Plans of Sky Go in Australia
As we have talked enough about the VPNs with optimized server connectivity, and results let’s now jump to Sky Go subscription plans so you can choose the right one for you! Sky Go is free for all Sky TV subscribers, although the pricing starts from $25/per month, which is low compared to other streaming services.
With this package, you can get access to Sky TV United States and Sky Go outside the UK, at just $39/month, which is perfect for an 18 months plan, and even you can get a customized one as per your requirements!
Top Channels to Watch on Sky Go in Australia:
Sky Go offers a variety of channels with different genres in the category of Movies, Sports, entertainment, news, and kids. Below is a listing of the media you can view on Sky Go in Australia:
Movies / Sports
- All-Sky Cinema channels.
- All Sky Sports channels.
- BT Sport 1***
- BT Sport 2***
- BT Sport 3***
- BT Sport ESPN***
- Premier Sports 1**
- Premier Sports 2**
- 5 USA
- Channel 4
- Comedy Central
- ITV 4
- Sky Atlantic
- Good Food
- Sky Arts
- Sky Witness
- ITV 2*
- More 4
- Sky One
- Real Lives (Desktop only)
- Cartoon Network
- Baby TV
- Sky News
What to watch on Sky Go in Australia?
Sky Go in Australia offers a lot of movies, but you might be missing some of them, which are old now or out of sight maybe. We have sorted out the list of a few Must-see movies on Sky Go in Australia:
- La La Land
- The hateful eight
- The tourist
- Rules of the game
- Green planet
Sky Go Device Compatibility in Australia:
Following are the devices that are compatible to watch Sky Go in Australia:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
For Android Users
- Open the ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for the SKY GO app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, SKY GO is now available on your Android device.
For iOS users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Search for SKY GO in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and log in to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to UK server.
- Now, insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select SKY GO on the Roku home screen, and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download SKY GO on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “SKY GO.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Add SKY GO to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download SKY GO on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “SKY GO” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Click the “Install” button.
For Kodi users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with SKY GO. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a UKB stick, and plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the United States after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly, install the SKY GO add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick users
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download SKY GO on your Firestick device:
- Startup your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources, download ExpressVPN, and connect to the UK server.
- Enter the word ‘SKY GO’ and press enter.
- The ‘SKY GO app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- Download the app after you click ‘Get.
- After you install the Sky Go app, open it.
- Open the SKY GO app and sign up/log in with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching SKY GO on Firestick in Australia.
For Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, and select network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a UK server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the SKY GO app.
For Smart TV users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the SKY GO app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start watching.
For PC users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a UK-based server.
- Go to the SKY GO website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching SKY GO, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
FAQs on Sky Go in Australia:
Can we watch Sky Go in Australia without a VPN?
We can not watch Sky Go in Australia until we subscribe to a VPN as it is geo-restricted outside the US region. If we try to access it without a VPN, it will block our IP address.
So, to enjoy some mesmerizing content from Australia, you must connect to a secure VPN. We recommend Express VPN.
Can we watch sky go without an app?
Yes, we can access Sky Go only on our desktop or Laptop via browser at www.skygo.com.
Does Sky Go require a subscription?
Sky go an application for Sky Tv subscribers available in the UK region. It is available at no extra cost as long as you subscribe to Sky Tv.
To access Sky Go in Australia, you need to subscribe to a VPN first.
Can we watch offline movies/shows on Sky Go in Australia?
Yes, you can download or record the desired movies/shows/documentaries on your internet connection to watch them anywhere you want.
Does Sky Go in Australia have some privacy?
Yes, we can control the privacy settings in the Sky Go application; we can keep content family-oriented with parental control settings.
We need to tell in the end that we have researched thoroughly on the top VPNs to easily catch up on your favorite shows on Sky Go in Australia. So you enjoy the world of amazing content at your fingertips and in your pocket.