Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Since Optus Sport is geo-restricted outside Australia, a VPN is the only way to access Optus Sport in Canada. Optus Sport is an Australian streaming sports channel that has become a home of Football where you can watch Premier League, UEFA Champions Leagues, UEFA Europa League, and Women’s Football. However, it is geo-restricted in Canada.
In this blog, we will explain everything about Optus Sport in Canada. So, take a look at the steps to watch Optus Sport in Canada:
How to Watch Optus Sport in Canada [Quick Guide in 2022]
Here is a simple 5 step process to stream Optus Sport in Canada:
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Optus Sport in Canada?
Geo-restrictions are a major issue in the streaming industry, and the only solution here is a VPN. Whenever you try to access Optus Sport in Canada, you will get the following geo-restriction error:
” Geolocation Error”
“Unfortunately, Optus Sport can not be used outside of Australia.”
A premium VPN can spoof your IP address and connect you to a server from the country you want. So, for example, for watching Optus Sport in Canada, you should connect to the Australia server of a premium VPN that will help you unblock Optus Sports in Canada or anywhere.
Quick Overview: Top 3 VPNs to Watch Optus Sport in Canada
Take a look at the quick summary of the three top VPNs to watch Optus Sport in Canada:
- ExpressVPN: It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries worldwide. It has 6 highly optimized servers in Australia while offering $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of the free trial along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: This low-cost VPN is available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network with over 3200 servers spread across the globe and 5 highly optimized servers in Australia.
- NordVPN: This high-bandwidth VPN has 5200+ servers with more than 242 servers in Australia. Its 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Optus Sport in Canada
Take a look at my recommendations to find out the following 3 providers as the best VPNs to securely access Optus Sport in Canada in 2022.
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to watch Optus Sport in Canada
- It is the finest VPN that offers 6 different servers in Australia, with 3000+ servers in 94 countries.
- It has high-speed servers with 256-bit encryption for $6.67/month, ensuring that you may stream and watch Optus Sport in the United States or anywhere else in the world.
- ExpressVPN boasts the largest, most trusted network of fast, dependable servers capable of unblocking, making it one of the finest ways to watch geo-restricted content while maintaining your digital privacy.
- It has the maximum bandwidth and AES 256-bit encryption technology, which is ExpressVPN’s top-tier feature.
- It also has a kill switch and a DNS server to protect users from unauthorized access.
Surfshark – Low-cost VPN to Watch Optus Sport in Canada
- It has a generous unlimited devices policy that allows you to connect to as many devices as you like, as well as split tunneling and multi-hop features that are rarely encountered.
- Furthermore, this VPN provides safe and dependable connections to unblock famous geo-restricted platforms.
- Surfshark has about 3200 servers in more than 60 locations across the world, all of which use highly distributed security mechanisms to help customers stream secure, fast video and access geo-restricted websites.
- It supports a variety of security protocols, including IKEv2, L2TP, OpenVPN, Shadowsocks, WireGuard, and AES 256-bit encryption for secure user connections and protection against illegal third-party access.
- Overall, it is a cost-effective VPN service with monthly fees as low as $2.49 and a 6-month free trial usage package for $2.49.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Watch Optus Sport in Canada
- At $4.89/monthly (2-year plan), NordVPN has over 5500 servers in 59 locations, which justifies why it could be a decent pick.
- This VPN supports up to 6 simultaneous connections and uses AES 256-bit encryption with a strict no-logs policy to ensure that no IP or DNS leaks occur.
- Its features, such as OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP policies, allow users to be confident that they are conducting encrypted operations securely over the internet.
- It also offers Cyber Sec and Double VPN technology, which allows multi-logins with the same account at a cheap price of $3.71/moon for its 2-year plan, as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee, all while keeping users’ worries safe.
How to Subscribe to Optus Sport in Canada
To subscribe to Optus Sport in Canada you need to follow these steps. We have explained the process for both Optus customers and non-Optus customers:
Steps for Optus Customer
If you are a premium Optus Sport subscriber you can add Optus Sport following these steps.
- Go to My Optus App.
- Choose the service that you want from the top left corner.
- Select the add-ons that you want.
- Activate Optus Sport and tick the terms and conditions box.
- Once you confirm the terms and conditions, you will have the access to Optus Sport.
Steps for Non-Optus Customer
To subscribe to Optus Sport via Credit card through Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS) follow these steps:
- Find Optus Sport App in the respective store
- Download and launch app
- Sign up with your credentials and verify the same.
- Confirm the signup and pay for your subscription.
Can I use a free VPN to watch Optus Sport in Canada?
Many free VPNs use dubious data gathering tactics that enable them to grab your data. Free VPNs will sell your information to third parties, data brokers, and marketing firms in order to make money. Using a free sports streaming service can also be an alternative, though you must carefully consider the advantages and disadvantages of each of these sites. Furthermore, most free VPNs are unsafe, have leaks, misrepresent their level of protection, and even include tracking libraries and spyware. As a result, using 99 percent of free VPN services is exceedingly risky.
Are VPNs Blocked by Optus Sport in Canada?
Optus Sport is actively restricting several VPNs, including ExpressVPN and NordVPN, among others. However, no matter how many Australian servers Optus Sport Australia disables from these high-quality VPN servers always find their way back by replacing those blacklisted IPs with new ones, so the cat and mouse game will continue.
List of Compatible Devices to Watch Optus Sport in Canada:
Are you wondering if your device is compatible with watching/streaming Optus Sport? Then look no further; below are the mentioned Android/iOS devices compatible with the Optus Sport.
- PC (Windows)
- Mac (macOS)
- Android (Phone and Tablet)
- iOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Apple TV & Apple Airplay
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Google Chromecast
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app and login using your credentials.
- Connect to a server in Australia.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for Optus Sports app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Optus Sports is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- First, change your Apple ID region to Australia in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in Australia.
- Search for Optus Sports in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and login.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi router and connect to an Australian server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Optus Sports on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Optus Sports”.
- Click on “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Optus Sports has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
- From the Xbox menu, click on “My games & apps“.
- Search for “Optus Sports” in the “Xbox Store”.
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install ExpressVPN on your device and login.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device and connect to a server in Australia.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the Optus Sports add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
- Start up your FireStick device and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to any Australia server.
- Enter the word ‘Optus Sports’ and click on enter.
- The ‘Optus Sports app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Optus Sports app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Optus Sports app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Optus Sports on Firestick in Canada.
For Apple TV Users
Since, Apple TV lacks a dedicated VPN software, you will need to install the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer app on your Apple TV to watch Optus Sports in Canada. So follow the below instructions for installing Media Streamer below as well watching Optus Sports in Canada on Apple TV:
- Visit the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to automatically register your IP address.
- Get your dedicated IP address by going to the Setup page and then go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Network and then select your wireless connection.
- Scroll down and select ‘Configure DNS’ to customize its settings.
- Select ‘Manual,’ and type in the IP addresses you set up earlier.
- Restart your Apple TV and install the Optus Sports app, open and start watching!
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a Australia-based server and then go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Optus Sports app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN on your PC.
- Connect to Australia-based server.
- Then go to the Optus Sports website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Optus Sports in Canada, delete your cookies and cache, then login back.
What to Watch on Optus Sport in Canada?
Optus Sport has a lot to offer you if you are a sports enthusiast, including pre-match conferences, live Premier League matches, post-match interviews, and highlights of all football fixtures. Still, you can also check weekly fixtures and upcoming matches.
Take a look at some of the must-watch football leagues that you can live stream on Optus Sport.
- Premier League
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Europa League
- European Qualifiers
- K League (Korean League)
- J League (Japanese League)
- International Football Matches
- Women’s Football
- FIFA World Cup
Watch English Premier League Online in 2022
Optus Sport offers the services to watch English Premier League matches live online. So, watch the amazing matches of EPL on your device anywhere with Optus Sport. Don’t forget to use a VPN for Optus Sport if you are watching it from Canada.
Can I watch Optus Sport in the US without VPN?
If you are living outside Australia, you cannot watch Optus Sport anywhere in the world without a VPN because it is geo-restricted in Canada. The only way to watch Optus Sport in Canada is to install your preferable VPN app, connect it to an Australian server, and start watching your favorite matches on Optus Sport.
Is accessing Optus Sport with a VPN illegal?
Accessing Optus Sport with a VPN isn’t illegal, as using a VPN itself is legal so there’s nothing to worry about the jurisdictions wherever you are. Just download your preferable VPN app and stream Optus Sport in Canada to catch up on all the UEFA Europe League 2021.
Why Can’t I Access Optus Sport Overseas Without a VPN?
Optus Sport has limited rights to stream its content and being exclusively accessible only within Australia. Therefore, to access Optus Sport in Canada, you will need an Australian IP address because using a VPN is your only solution.
FAQs on Optus Sport in Canada
How much Optus sport costs?
Optus Sport Premium subscription is available just at $14.99.
How many channels Optus Sport operates?
Optus Sport operates eleven multiplex channels and contents.
What kind of sports are included in Optus Sport?
The Optus Sport’s streaming includes Premier League, UEFA EURO 2020™, COPA America 2021, FA Women’s Super League, live streams, and on-demand matches. As well, Mini Matches, shorts, shows, workouts on OS Fitness, and more exclusive originals.
On which devices I can watch Optus Sport?
You can watch Optus Sport on the big-screen through Fetch, Apple TV, Android TV compatible Smart TVs, including LG Smart TVs, Apple Airplay, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox, Samsung Smart TVs as well desktops, on-the-go via tablet, mobile, and smart laptops.
Does Optus Sport works in Canada?
Unfortunately, no! Optus Sport is geo-restricted and it only owns the limited rights to stream within Australia.
What should I do to watch Optus Sport in Canada?
You can watch Optus Sport in Canada by using a good VPN service. As per our recommendation, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service that will help you stream it overseas.
Does Optus Sport allow VPN?
No, Optus Sport is blocking VPN providers and the reason is unknown.
Does Optus Sport offer a free trial?
Yes, Optus Sport has a free trial of 14 days. But, during the trial, you have limited access to a number of highlights, interviews, and events.
So, if you want to watch Optus Sports in Canada without any problems, follow the steps in this blog and sign up for ExpressVPN, Sufrshark, or NordVPN to safely access it from your country.