Gary is a geeky-binge watcher who loves to pen down all that he watches. The night-owl has just got two hobbies, binge-watching all the latest shows and writing everything about them.
Want to watch Hulu Japan? This guide will show you how you can access Hulu Japan from anywhere by using a VPN but also the best Hulu Japan VPNs.
Do you want to get Hulu Japan from anywhere? You can get Hulu Japan from anywhere by using a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Hulu is the most popular video streaming service that gives you passage to movies, series, anime, TV shows, sports channels, and countless more. Another great reason for Hulu is that it lets you watch the latest episodes of shows the day they are published.
Like many other streaming apps, you cannot access the service from outside of Japan. Hence, if you live in any other nation, Hulu doors are sealed to you. Luckily, we’ve figured out a way in which you can go around the restriction.
How to watch Hulu in Japan From Anywhere [Quick Steps December 2022]
Running out of time? No problems, we’re here with a quick summary of the most reliable ways to watch Hulu Japan.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Download, and Install ExpressVPN.
- Open the application, and move to the Registration page.
- Enter the information, and log in with Credentials.
- Select the server and Open Hulu Japan from wherever you are.
Is Hulu Available in Japan?
Hulu Japan is only available within Japan because the site only has the right to show the specific content within Japan. Fortunately, there is a simple answer to the problem. It is possible for lovers of Japanese movies who live in other countries to use a VPN to watch Hulu Japan with zero stress.
Hulu Japan limits its content to users within Japan by checking the IP addresses of the devices visiting their website. So, to have access to all Hulu Japan’s content from outside Japan, you only need a valid Japanese I.P. address.
A VPN generates a digital hole through which your device, laptop, tablet, or smartphone can infiltrate the Internet. This VPN server can also reroute your connection through a designated server in the country of your choice. As a result, you get the I.P. address of that country – in this context, Japan, and thus the permission to access all content that was only available in Japan.
Top 5 VPNs to watch Hulu Japan From Anywhere [Quick Overview December 2022]
In this section, you’re going to have a quick overview of the best VPNs optimal for watching Hulu Japan From Anywhere and making your overall experience notable in terms of functionalities and features.
- ExpressVPN: This VPN network is safe and reliable and comes with over 3000 servers worldwide. It has 20 highly optimized servers in the USA. The price that ExpressVPN offers is $6.67/month for its Yearly package with 3 months of free usage.
- CyberGhost: It offers a server network of about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, providing 1230 highly optimized server locations in USA, making it one of the largest services, with blazing fast speed, high secure protocols, reliable privacy policies, and comprehensive online protection. It costs $ 2.18/month for 3 years. Get 3 months free, 45-days money-back guarantee, and 24/7 live chat support.
- NordVPN: This is a high-bandwidth VPN connection with more than 5200 servers worldwide. NordVPN gives you 1970+ servers in the USA, in 15 different locations. You can get NordVPN for just $3.67/month for its 2-year package.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch Hulu Japan From Anywhere that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
- AtlasVPN: With 750+ servers and 7 highly optimized server locations in USA, with fast connections, trustworthy policies, and promising security features. It costs $1.99 per month for 3-years with 24/7 live chat support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
5 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu Japan from Anywhere [Detailed Analysis December 2022]
This section lists all the best Hulu VPNs:
Below we’ve pointed the top three best Hulu VPNs based on the following guidelines:
- Can access Hulu – this one states the obvious. However, not all VPNs can unblock Hulu from overseas.
- Great speeds – a fast VPN is essential for streaming video in H.D. quality.
- Japanese Servers – to be capable of unblocking Hulu, a VPN requires servers in the U.S., so you can look to be browsing the web form in the U.S. Added servers are helpful in case one gets banned by Hulu.
- Fast customer assistance – for those times when you have problems with your VPN service, you require to be able to get in contact with a great customer service team immediately.
- Strong connection – there’s nothing more serious than delays while streaming, so a VPN that can give strong links is key for any Hulu user.
ExpressVPN: Most Secure VPN Connection To Watch Hulu Japan from Anywhere
- ExpressVPN is a widely used and installed VPN application because of its topmost services and security features.
- It gives around 3000+ servers in about 90+ countries worldwide, a quiet view of 90+ countries, streaming Hulu and other entertainment websites and platforms without any trouble.
- Furthermore, it has a secure encryption layer with the most prestigious and solid VPN protocols like OpenVPN, and AES-256 encryption system, IKEv2, L2TP, and PPTP to keep the user’s identification safe and sound.
- The 24/7 Live Chat option for clients is a vibrant feature that makes them viable for posting their doubts and getting an instant reply to their problems. It has different packages beginning from $8.32 per month.
- You can use a single account on five devices simultaneously, with the fastest speed and Zero-log policies to secure the connection.
|Fastest VPN For Streaming Hulu||Lacks advanced configuration for power users|
|No logs Policy||Pricey as compared to other VPNs|
|Fabulous for online streaming platforms like Hulu, Netflix, and Disney+|
|24/7 live chat support available|
CyberGhost: Secure VPN to Access Hulu Japan from Anywhere
- CyberGhost has about 7,000 servers across 91 countries, which makes it one of the most varied and largest services.
- The built-in speed of CyberGhost lets you know how fast your internet speed is in different countries.
- Surprisingly, it’s really fast. Providing 73.41 Mbps downloading Speed in the United States.
- Furthermore, by subscribing to CyberGhost you can secure up to 7 devices for the ultimate protection against all malicious threats.
- CyberGhost provides comprehensive online protection with 256-bit AES encryption and multiple protocols such as the kill switch feature, split tunneling that ensures you protect your data completely.
- CyberGhost provides you with 24/7 assistance Via live chat or email with our dedicated, professional support staff.
- The cost of CyberGhost is $ 2.18/month for 3 years but the plus point is that you will get 3 months free and a 45-day money-back guarantee as well.
|Multiple protocols||Limited Payment Options|
|Quick response 24/7|
NordVPN: User-Friendly VPN Connection to Stream Hulu Japan from Anywhere
- NordVPN is a user-friendly VPN connection that controls all the security features like ExpressVPN but at a somewhat lower price.
- Yes, you read it correctly NordVPN has a server allocation comparable to 5400+ in more than 59 nations, at a pricing deal of $3.45 per month. You can log in up to 6 devices at a time as it enables multi-login to their dedicated clients.
- NordVPN unblocks a lot of entertainment websites and domains like Netflix, HULU, Disney Plus with a solid and well-instructed connection holding AES-256 encryption system along with IKEv2, L2TP, and PPTP to strengthen the link.
- Moreover, the Live Chat option for the clients is a plus point, whereas high bandwidth, DNS server, and Zero-log policy are top layer security customs.
|No Logs Policy||Desktop apps can lag at times|
|Servers are Specifically optimized for Hulu|
|Best for 4k Streaming|
|Support up to 6 devices simultaneously|
|24/7 Live chat support available|
Surfshark: Affordable and Fastest VPN To Access Hulu Japan from Anywhere
- Surfshark is a pocket-friendly, most affordable VPN service provider in the business, offering its core services for $8.32 per month.
- All the streaming apps, like Netflix, HULU, Disney+, and others, can be started smoothly with the secured link of Surfshark.
- Zero-log policy and OpenVPN, AES-256 encryption system, IKEv2, L2TP, and PPTP are stored in the security layer to secure the strength.
- Live Chat option is made ready for users to put their questions to get an instant reply along with I.P. masking and location hiding facilities for secure passage.
|Most affordable VPN on the list||Lags sometimes|
|Optimal servers for Netflix||Small Server networks|
|Best for 4k streaming|
|Strong Security Protocol|
|24/7 Live chat support available|
AtlasVPN: Pocket-Friendly VPN to access Hulu Japan from Anywhere
- AtlasVPN has over 750+ servers in 39 countries to select from, providing you with a lot of options. It also supports up to unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to use it on many devices.
- It has incredibly fast speeds, with a blazing streaming speed. AtlasVPN has its exclusive supersonic web surfer system, which ensures that these incredible speeds are maintained throughout all of its apps.
- AtlasVPN costs $1.99 per month, which is a steal considering you may connect an infinite number of devices.
- It also comes with 30 days hassle-free money-back guarantee.
- It also features highly safe security protocols and policies including a built-in IPSec/IKEv2 and WireGuard, along with security protocols like SHA-384, PFS, and Aes-256-bit encryption.
|Fast and easy setup||You have to go premium if you want better speeds and less ads.|
|Safe security protocols|
|Built-in breach tracker|
What is Hulu? Why does Hulu restrict Viewers outside of the US?
So first, let us tell you what Hulu is. Hulu is the only premium streaming service allowing live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without advertisements, both in and outside the home. Now you will be asking yourself, “why is Hulu restricted?” Here’s the answer to that question: Hulu is restricted in other nations to reduce intellectual asset theft and avoid copyright matters. Comparable to Netflix and other streaming applications, Hulu’s traffic plan is largely for particular homes in the USA, and you need to use a U.S. form of payment.
However, according to the help page on Hulu’s Website, Hulu is assigned to provide rich content globally in the long run. Therefore, there are different types of acceptance, and you can choose anyone based on your means. In addition, some of the forms are ad-free, which is excellent.
Hulu vs. Netflix in Japan?
Don’t be tricked into believing that Hulu looks the other way on proxy users just because it’s not as attractive as Netflix. All of the content is strictly vaulted to citizens of the U.S. and Japan. So if you try to obtain video on Hulu from outside those two countries, the site will stop you from watching.
Hulu’s VPN prohibition is, even more, superior to Netflix’s firewall. VPN, or virtual private network, jumbles (up) all the internet traffic traveling towards and from your device and routes it into a VPN server in a location of your preference. That will make it look to Hulu that you are verified in the U.S., which gives you the path to all the shows.
However, along with various other online streaming services, Hulu now blocks users from known VPN servers. As a result, dozens of users distribute I.P. numbers on these servers at once. This raises a layer of anonymity but makes it pretty clear to Hulu what’s going on—attempting to watch Hulu with a normal VPN results in this message.
“Based on your I.P. number, we observed that you are trying to access Hulu through an unknown proxy machine. Unfortunately, Hulu is not currently open outside the U.S. If you live in the U.S., then you’ll need to turn off your anonymizer to watch videos on Hulu.”
For this purpose, not just any VPN assistance will do. Most VPN providers cannot neglect Hulu’s strict firewall jurisdictions. The best VPNs for Hulu, needless to say, only a few servers can avoid the proxy prohibition. Just contact customer assistance to ask which servers can access Hulu.
Which VPNs do not work with Hulu Japan?
In this section, we have listed some VPNs that do not work with Hulu:
- Hotspot Shield
- Private Internet Access (PIA)
Why is Hulu Japan blocked outside Japan?
VPNs are the only way out to view or unblock any geo-blocked content or channels or platforms, easily hiding your current IP address and position. For example, Hulu can not be accessed outside the American and Japanese sectors and obtained from outside. Therefore, a secure VPN connection is needed with a duplicate IP address and location. Consequently, you can always acquire a private network for Watching Hulu Japan or America. Otherwise, it’s nearly useless.
This core feature helps users easily enter the geo-restricted platforms, covering their current I.P. address and position. Furthermore, the data transferred while being joined to the VPN servers will encrypt the data package, providing a strong connection. With this, you can also watch Hulu Japan in America. So, don’t miss your Favorite shows like Friends Reunion just because Hulu is only accessible in Japan. Moreover, you can watch Hulu Japan from anywhere including Singapore, Malaysia, UK, Australia, NZ, Canada, Germany, Romania, and South Africa.
How Do I Download Hulu App From Outside the US?
Hulu is only free on US app stores, so if your device is listed on an app store that is outside the US, you will require to do one of the following:
- Modify the location linked with your app store account.
- Build a US app store account.
- Download the Hulu APK from a third person (Android only)
We’ll teach you how you can download the Hulu app from outside the U.S. on both iOS and Android:
How to download Hulu App on iOS Devices from outside Japan?
- Open your VPN and join a server established in the U.S.
- We suggest making a new account rather than replacing your real one, as executing so will not harm your current apps and purchases. Log out of your Apple ID and build a new one in the U.S.
- Or if you require changing a current account to the U.S.: On your device, go to your Settings > iTunes & App Store > View Apple ID > Country/Region > Change Country or Region.
- Select the U.S. as your country.
- For payment plan, choose None (you will still require a U.S. payment order to pay for Hulu)
- Accept the terms and other requirements.
How to download Hulu App on iOS Devices from outside Japan?
- Start your VPN and connect to a US-based server.
- Go to payments.google.com.
- Go to your Settings > and click Edit.
- Change your location to a U.S. one. Make sure the zip code resembles.
- Accept modifications
- On your device, close the Play Store.
- In Apps Setting, find the Google Play Store.
- Select the Force Stop and Clear All Data option.
- Open the Play Store again, and you should be ready to download and install Hulu.
- If your device doesn’t have Google Play, you can take related steps to change your enrolled location to the US
- You can download the Hulu APK folder onto your Android from a third person as the last choice. You’ll need to enable the apps from unknown sources in your settings. However, be careful of third-party APK sites, as countless of them hold outdated or hateful versions of favorite apps.
How Much is Hulu Japan?
Hulu offers four plans:
- Hulu: $5.99/month. The basic plan grants access to Hulu’s full on-demand library with advertisements.
- Hulu: $11.99/month. This plan grants access to Hulu’s complete on-demand library with no advertisements.
- Hulu + Live TV: $64.99/month. The live T.V. package holds over 75 live channels and passage to on-demand content.
- Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV: $70.99/month. This final plan includes entrance to over 75 live channels and an on-demand library with no advertisements.
But it doesn’t end there. These four Hulu plans are the beginning point to customizing your package. From here, you might have some queries with the free trial, addons, features, channel offerings, and more.
Is it forbidden to use a VPN to use Hulu from Japan?
No. Even though using a VPN to stream geo-blocked content contradicts the terms that are put out by streaming services, it isn’t banned in most countries. The only difference is if VPNs are banned altogether, which is the case in a few nations such as North Korea, Iraq, Oman, and Belarus.
In a few other nations such as China, Russia, Iran, the UAE, and Turkey, VPNs are massively restricted. To be considered legal, VPNs must meet with strict government permission first. As a result, many VPN providers are banned in these countries, while the approved ones are likely to work, in part, as legal tools to enact censoring and monitoring.
In all cases, despite the region, using a VPN to cloak outright illegal movements (such as illegally downloading and distributing copyrighted content) doesn’t free you from the law or its obligation. Still, people often ignore blanket VPN prohibitions to avoid strict government censorship.
Free and Paid VPN: Which is better for accessing Hulu?
There are various reasons you should think about using a VPN, and their ability to avoid geo-restrictions on any site is one of them. In addition, VPNs encrypt your traffic, giving your browsing (and streaming) a layer of privacy from hackers, snooping ISPs, and the government.
Although some companies now offer a basic VPN service that won’t cost you anything at all, their services are not so great. In addition, free VPN services have limitations, and in your case, the restrictions might be not being able to watch Hulu content outside of Japan. But, purchased VPN services give a great chance of unlimited access to Hulu content even when you’re thousands of miles apart from Japan.
Free products also typically have usage limitations. For example, most companies don’t desire you to cover up all their bandwidth on torrents, so you’re only left with fewer bandwidths to deal with – often for a couple of days. This is unlike in paid VPN services, where you can enjoy more bandwidth and fast connection without interruption.
Will you get fined for streaming with a VPN?
Streaming services, like Netflix, use technology that can identify VPNs and their related server areas. So, for example, if you apply a VPN to watch region-blocked content, you might see that the streaming service detects this movement and blocks your path.
If this occurs, you’re likely to meet an on-screen error note that tells you a VPN is found, and you won’t be capable of streaming the blocked content as a consequence.
Although streaming services find VPNs a problem, it makes far more practical sense for them to block users’ entrance to the chosen content than to cancel their account fully; they still want your money, after all.
FAQs on Hulu Japan
Does Hulu work in Japan?
Hulu is already available in Japan and the US, but if you want to watch Hulu outside of Japan, you can access it with the help of a VPN.
Can I Use my US Hulu Account in Japan?
If you try to access your U.S. account, you will probably get Geo-blocked, or you will only have access Japanese-related content and not the US, but if you want to access your US Hulu account, you can do it with the help of a VPN.
Which is better, Hulu Japan vs. US?
The content library of Hulu Japan is limited due to some content only being licensed for Hulu US.
Can I watch Hulu in Japan?
Yes, you can watch Hulu in Japan, but it has limited content due to geo-restriction.
What can I watch on Hulu Japan?
Following are some of the most popular titles on Hulu Japan:
- Spy x Family
- The Limit
- Pandora’s Fruit
- The Bite
- The Kindaichi Case Files
Although using a VPN to stream geo-blocked content goes against the terms and restrictions of streaming services, it is not an illegal action.
But, it’s essential to identify that while most nations do not impose severe restrictions on VPNs, a few do—and others have effectively banned their use. Hence, using a VPN for streaming (or for anything different) in these nations could land you in some legal difficulty.
If a streaming service identifies that you’re using a VPN, you’ll confront an on-screen message that tells you to disable it, and you won’t be able to see the blocked content. To lessen the odds of this occurring, it’s worthwhile investigating great VPNs for streaming Hulu Japan, such as ExpressVPN and Surf Shark.
People also read: