Betty is an enthusiastic Computer Science Graduate and an extrovert who loves to watch Netflix, and is a binge-watcher always seeking quality shows to add to her watch history! She loves to write about the show, she has watched, to make her readers acknowledge them, and witness a cherished time with friends, and family!
Acorn TV is a Netflix-style streaming channel that you subscribe to for a low monthly fee. Unfortunately, Acorn TV is not available outside of the United States which means you can’t access Acorn TV in Australia. Without further ado, let’s find out how you can do it!
How to watch Acorn TV in Australia [Quick Guide in 2022]
Follow the below steps to watch Acorn TV in Australia:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Download and Install its app.
- Login to the app using your credentials.
- Connect to a USA server from the servers list.
- Now, access Acorn TV service and start streaming.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Acorn TV in Australia?
If you try to watch Acorn TV in Australia, you will get the following message.
“We are sorry but Acorn TV is not yet available in your country”.
That’s the main reason why you need a VPN to unblock geo-blocked Acorn TV in Australia and watch it without any lag or buffering. No worries if you’ve never used a VPN before because I’m here to assist you! Keep reading to find out the three best VPNs that can work best with geo-restricted content and that can bypass any anti-VPN technology.
Top 3 VPNs Watch Acorn TV in Australia [Quick Overview in 2021]
Are you short on time? Then take a look at the quick overview of the 3 Best VPNs to watch Acorn TV in Australia:
- ExpressVPN: With over 3000 fast servers and 25 highly optimized server locations in USA, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Acorn TV in Australia. Its price offer is $6.67/month for its yearly package with 3 months of free usage along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and high-end encryption.
- NordVPN: This one is reliable with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries as well 15 highly optimized servers in USA. It comes with 2-year subscription is $3.71 a month and a 2-year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: It is the best low-cost VPN available for $2.49/month for its 2-year package network to watch Acorn TV in Australia or from anywhere in the world that offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries, 23 highly optimized USA servers, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
Best 3 VPNs to watch Acorn TV in Australia
Take a look at the details of the 3 best VPNs to watch Acorn TV in Australia:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Unblock and Watch Acorn TV in Australia
- ExpressVPN protects you from trackers, hackers, government enforcement, and your internet service provider by tunneling you through.
- It has servers in 20+ servers in USA and broadcasts the best television programming available in your country.
- It has outstanding VPN speeds, military-grade encryption, Network lock kill switch, Private IP Addresses, No Activity Logs, five simultaneous connections, 99.9% uptime, and more.
- The pricing plan starts at $6.67 per month for a year, with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the services.
- ExpressVPN offers over 3000 servers throughout the world and is known for its speed, security, price, performance, and optimum server connectivity.
- With highly secure security methods like the AES-256 bit encryption technology, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP, and others, you can unblock geo-restricted websites.
- A live chat option is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for immediate customer service, as well as browser extensions with high device compatibility.
- Windows, Android, MAC, and other TV platforms are all supported, allowing viewers to watch their favorite shows online!
- It has maintained a high level of consistency in its services, with its servers in the United States providing excellent security measures.
- It features an Anonymous app diagnostic feature that provides users with Private IP Addresses, consent and age restrictions, and DNS leak protection.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to Access Acorn TV in Australia in Australia
- It provides high-speed internet, ultra-fast connections, 100% uptime, six concurrent connections, and dedicated IP addresses.
- Personal IP addresses, continuous data protection (kill switch), and limitless bandwidth are all included.
- It provides you with personal IP addresses, continuous data protection (kill switch), and unlimited bandwidth, allowing you to watch Acorn TV even after geo-restrictions have been lifted.
- The Onion cover VPN from NordVPN is a positive in this case. No cookies are stored, AES encryption is used to encrypt data, IP addresses are masked, and data breaches are prevented using clever DNS leak protection.
- A 24/7 Live Chat option enables the users to instantly respond to their queries, with high bandwidth and device support for six devices at a time.
- NordVPN pricing packages start from $3.71, per month, for 2-years!
Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Unblock Acorn TV in Australia
- Surfshark offers simultaneous connections on unlimited devices, a kill switch, great encryption, Peer-to-peer-friendly servers, and the anonymity of your internet traffic on websites.
- It also gives you a shield-a VPN service with excellent security characteristics to assist you in bypassing.
- Private IP Address, IKEv2, OpenVPN, Shadowsocks, WireGuard®, clever DNS leak protection, Strict no-log policy, WebRTC IP Addresses, and much more for safe surfing are all available when watching Acorn TV in Australia.
- The most prominent feature is the pricing package, which starts from $2.49/month exclusively for 2-years with 30 day money back guarantee.
- When watching Acorn TV in Australia, private IP addresses, IKEv2, OpenVPN, Shadowsocks, WireGuard®, sophisticated DNS leak protection, strict no-log policy, WebRTC IP Addresses, and much more are all accessible for safe surfing.
- Surfshark cares for its customers and offers a 24/7 Live Chat option, with affordability and efficiency.
How to subscribe to Acorn TV in Australia
You’ll need a credit card and an email address to sign up, however subscriptions are non-refundable and your credit card will be charged automatically unless you cancel, which you may do at any time.
How much does Acorn TV in Australia cost?
Acorn TV now provides monthly and annual memberships, which may be signed up for on the Acorn TV website. Acorn TV costs $6.99 per month for a monthly membership and $69 for an annual subscription, which works out to $5.75 a month. There is only one membership package available, which includes HD streaming. However, each account is limited to one stream, so you won’t be able to share your account. A 7-day free trial is also available from Acorn TV, allowing you to experience before you buy.
Can I use a free VPN to watch Acorn TV in Australia?
To access geo-restricted streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer, a free VPN does not have enough servers. If a VPN does not provide complete access, it is ineffective in the long run. A free VPN can’t secure your device’s security because of its limited access. It employs insecure encryption protocols, putting your personal information at risk.
Additionally, free VPN companies profit from the sale of your data to third parties. Another red indicator is the absence of an ad-blocker. Yes, you read that correctly. When using a free VPN, you won’t be able to filter ads. It’s especially irritating when you’re binge-watching your favorite shows/episodes on Acorn TV.
Compatible Devices to watch Acorn TV in Australia
Following are the devices that are compatible to watch Acorn TV in Australia:
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Firestick
How to watch Acorn TV in Australia on your device
If you want to download Acorn TV app in Australia on your devices then here’s how you can do it:
For Android users
- Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Search for Acorn TV app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- Congratulations, Acorn TV is now available on your Android device.
For iOS Users
- Begin by changing your Apple ID region to the US in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Search for Acorn TV in the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and login to your account to start streaming your favorite shows now.
For Roku Users
- Download and install ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Acorn TV on Roku homescreen and you are good to go.
For PS3/PS4 Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Acorn TV on PS3/PS4:
- Go to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of alternatives, look for “Acorn TV”.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Acorn TV has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Acorn TV on your Xbox device:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Search for “Acorn TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it! Simply click the “Install” button.
For Kodi Users
- Install a VPN that is compatible with Acorn TV. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN software to your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then plug it into your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings, then System Settings, and then Add-ons.
- Now toggle on Unknown Sources.
- Install the VPN app on your Kodi device. Connect to a server in the US after that.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by turning on your TV.
- Lastly install the Acorn TV add-on on Kodi to start watching.
For Firestick Users
Follow the below mentioned steps to download Acorn TV on your Firestick device:
- Start up your FireStick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download ExpressVPN then connect to US server.
- Enter the word ‘Acorn TV’ and press enter.
- The ‘Acorn TV app for Fire TV Stick’ will appear in the search results.
- The app will be downloaded after you click ‘Get.’
- After the Acorn TV app has been installed, open it.
- Open the Acorn TV app and sign up/login with your credentials.
- Now you can start watching Acorn TV on Firestick in Australia.
For Apple TV Users
- Choose a VPN service that allows you to use Smart DNS. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your Smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s Settings menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Then go to DNS Configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by typing in your DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the Acorn TV app and you are done.
For Smart TV Users
- Download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the Acorn TV app on your smart TV, and create free account to start watching.
For PC Users
- On your computer, download and install a premium VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the Acorn TV website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching Acorn TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging back in.
What to Watch on Acorn TV in Australia?
Acorn TV has a wide range of genres to pick from, including crime, mystery, drama, comedy, thrillers, foreign language, and documentaries. Acorn TV also has fresh releases and exclusive material to suit whichever genre you’re in the mood for.
Most popular TV shows on Acorn TV in Australia
- Gold Digger
- The Other One
- The Nest
- Mystery Road
- A Place to Call Home
- Deadwater Fell
- Midsomer Murders
- Agatha Raisin
- Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears
- Murdoch Mysteries
- George Gently
- Line of Duty
- The Brokenwood Mysteries
- My Life is Murder
- No Offence
- Queens of Mystery
- Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries
- Doc Martin
- Rebecka Martinsson
- The Heart Guy
- The Oldenheim Twelve
Most popular movies to watch on Acorn TV in Australia
- Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears
- Mr. Morgan’s Last Love
- The Way Back
- The Lilac Bus
- The Scapegoat
- The Scarlet Pimpernel
- The Trench
- An Accidental Soldier
- Still Life: A Three Pines Mystery
- Mind Games
- The Man Who Lost His Head
- Golden Years
- Turning Green
- The Scapegoat
- Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead
- The Great Train Robbery
- Sisters of War
- Glorious 39
- Under Capricorn
- 44 Inch Chest
- Anner House
Can I watch Acorn TV in Australia?
Yes, you can watch Acorn Tv in Australia but only if you have a subscription to a credible VPN because that’s the only way to unblock geo-restricted content from anywhere in the world.
How much does Acorn TV costs?
Acorn TV costs $6.99 per month for a monthly membership and $69 for an annual subscription, which works out to $5.75 a month.
Can I watch Acorn TV for free?
You can not watch Acorn TV for free because it doesn’t come with a free subscription as it is a paid service although you can enjoy a 7-day trial.
Acorn TV is available in which countries?
Acorn TV offers a diverse selection of entertainment content from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, and Spain, including a big variety of original mysteries, dramas, comedies, and documentaries.
Can I download Acorn TV shows on my device?
Unfortunately, the answer is no! Only Acorn TV shows can be streamed through their website or mobile app.
Why can’t I use a VPN to access Acorn TV?
Check to see if your VPN is capable of unblocking Acorn TV in Australia. To do so, select a fast and functional server in the United States, the United Kingdom, or Canada. It’s also a good idea to turn on leak prevention in your VPN settings. You can try switching to a different server. If all other options have failed, move on to a different VPN that’s why we have mentioned the three best VPN that works best with unblocking geo-restricted content.
There is nothing to worry about even if Acorn TV is geo-restricted outside USA, you can still watch it in Australia with the recommended above 3 VPNs, ExpressVPN, NordVPN, or SurfShark. The best part is that they all come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, as well as encryption and privacy protection.